$96
$82
$123
Dream Bangkok(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$72
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$104
Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$111
$98
  • Pool
$185
$160
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
$246
1,518 results
All reviewscentral worldploenchit roadnorth wingihg memberpriority clubamarin plazasky walkchit lom stationerawan shrinelobby barmajor mallsexcellent locationwalking distancethai restaurantbig cshopping districtsky train station
Reviewed April 24, 2008

This is my 4th time visit to Bangkok. I feel Holiday Inn is the best hotel that I ever stay. Even the price might little bit higher compare to the same level hotel but I don't mind to pay more for this.

I stay at Grand Mercure Park Avenue last time and feel quite comfortable with the environment but I think Holiday Inn Bangkok is more convenient. The Sky train just 5 mins walking distance from the hotel. And most of the shopping complex also surrounded here.

Our purpose for this trip is praying for the Four Faces Buddha coz our wish is granted and we need to come back to pay back. The Buddha just located opposite the hotel.

Even we want to travel to other places like Grand Palace, China Town or Suan Lam Night Bazaar, the taxi alwasys willing to pick us coz our hotel just located in the centre. It is very convenient for the transportation. Even we walk also can reach to other building easily.

I love Holiday Inn Bangkok so much and I will definitely come back for my next visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sherry_Tam78
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Wow, this hotel really exceeded our expectations. Location was great , just opposite Star Bucks and MacDonalds so the kids and us loved it.
We usually book the usual 5 Star chain hotels and pay over the odds, but Holiday Inn really surprised us. It was modern and contemporay and very luxurious.

We booked a twin bed room for us to share with kids and were pleasantly surprised at the size of our room. However, I have to be honest and say that we did find rather a large cockroach in our bathroom which my husband swiftly flattened. I called the duty manager and with out any hesitation upgraded us to a suite! We were only there 2 nights but we had private lounge for our breakfast and private check in .

The hotel is extremely value for money and the location was excellent. We will definately stay in a holiday Inn again if they are to this standard in future.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jinUk
Reviewed April 1, 2008

What a great find! We (family of 4) stayed here for 6 nights. This was such a great hotel for many reasons.
Location - very central, Chitlom Skytrain station out the front. Walking distance to many shopping centres, Central World, Siam Square etc. This was great as you could duck out to the supermarket or food hall for supplies. There is also a Watsons and a Boots opposite.
Staff - plenty of them and all were very friendly and helpful. They made the stay very pleasant.
Facilities - well equipped gym and sauna. Pool was well used by us, but overall very quiet (even though it was the Easter weekend). There was always plenty of staff about, and it was spotless.
Restaurant - we had breakfast in Cafe G everyday (because it was included). It was sensational, with Japanese, Indian, Thai and Western stations. Great choices and cook to order. We also ate at Charm Thai - great food and terrific service - the staff gave us pashminas as we were cold under the aircon! Poolside food was good value - abour $6++AUD for satays. Room service from Charm Thai was deleivered promptly.
Room - was on a non-smoking floor (4). We had 2 rooms in 1. The main room had a king bed, tv, desk, sofa, bathroom etc etc. This was connected to the 2nd room (kids), which had bunks, desk, tv, playstation 2. Having all this space was fabulous and the rooms were well soundproofed. My only comment would be that the interconnecting door could be locked from the kids side and unable to be opened from our side - bit of an issue if you had little ones playing with the door. That was the only fault though.
As others have mentioned the bathroom is in a corner of the main room and is small - but how much time do you spend in there? It suited us to have a larger room and a smaller bathroom, but I can see why it is not everyones cup of tea. The toiletries (Red Earth) were replenished everyday.
Housekeeping and Laundry were great.
This was such a great stay, and as we were there for both business and pleasure it met all of our needs. I have stayed at 3 other Bangkok hotels, but this wins hands down for value.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank exspat
Reviewed March 31, 2008

This hotel was fantastic. Great price , Great Hotel. Clean, Nice large rooms, lovely bathroom, Nice Pool and Gym. The hotel staff could not do enough for you. The location was fantastic also very close to the sky train. The included breakfast was great so much choice. Next time I am in Bangkok I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leahEastMidlands
Reviewed March 12, 2008

We have tried many hotels in Bangkok and it is usually a compromise on price/location/facilities. This time we tried the HI Ploenchit, having spotted it on a previous trip. This may well be our preferred choice for future visits: very good indeed.

Reception/check-in was fine, rooms (we stayed here twice at beginning and end of a Far East trip) were in the newer North Executive Tower and although smaller than many other hotels were perfectly adequate and well-furnished. Bathroom was small with just a walk-in shower and no bath but fine. Everything in the room worked - tea/coffee stuff provided. There is a pool area that doesn't get sun for much of the day and it was never crowded.

We had buffet breakfast included and this had very good choices with good attentive staff. Didn't use other restaurants - so much choice in Bangkok - but had drinks in the lobby lounge which were good.

We don't spend much time at the hotel in our stays in Bangkok and the HI is brilliantly situated for the central area, very close to Central World mall, walking distance from Paragon mall via elevated walkway and only yards from the Skytrain station. Perfect!

In an ideal world I'd stay at the lovely Peninsula but the saving in money and sheer convenience of the HI will make it our first choice in future. Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple