“Still feeling comfortable in it”

Holiday Inn Bangkok
Ranked #114 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Bahrain
“Still feeling comfortable in it”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed in Holiday Inn for 2 nights during the Thai New year. Even that it was consider as peck season the price was affordable and rooms are available.
The room was clean; room service was there at any time. Breakfast was very good with 300 BHT.
The location was perfect; it’s just nearby Chit lom sky train station which saves a lot (time and money).
Walk distance to MBK, Patunam, Platinum shopping mall and a lot of shopping malls.
I really highly recommend it for your visit in Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mohamed_Alnazar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I enjoyed very much my second stay in this hotel. I'll be coming back next year. The only comment i have is that the bathroom has a glass wall so i couldn't leave the light inside on during the night.

Room Tip: Chose a room the faces the back of the hotel which are more quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Nice experience checking in hotel, reached around 10 am, friendly staffs allowed me to check in and at priority counter even main counter is empty. Room is clean, size is just nice, bathroom clean with good water pressure. bed comfortable with nice pillow selection. Breakfast is good, delicious and quality and no need to queue for fried eggs because of their table card system. Location good with BTS station in front and shopping area.
1 thing to mention about room make up, i accidentally dripping few drop of coffee on my quilt cover, immediately i try to clean it up myself and it is not obviously after that, which i don't mind to sleep on it, but after they made up the room, they actually change the bed sheet, which i feel very grateful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tehran
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We were a party of 5 ranging in age from 3 to 65 and we all agreed that the hotel was not at all up to par. We have been to Bangkok many times before so compared to the likes of Amari, shangrila and the holiday inn at Silom; this was a huge disappointment. Hotel lobby was spacious and modern looking. Check in was relatively efficient.
ROOM: we stayed in the north wing room 565 and it was awful. We had a view of a car park!!! It was so dark we had to have lights on during the day ie. with you curtains fully open you would not be awakened by Bangkok sunshine. It was tiered and shabby. Horrible browns and creams, dirty floors and lo and behold- worn bed linen. By worn I mean with tears in them. A disgrace if you ask me. Towels were also worn and rough. Bathroom was nice but amenities was a joke. They had body wash, soap, conditioner, shampoo and body lotion but if you wanted cotton wool, tooth paste, cotton buds, razor you had to call room service to bring it for you?!? I don't know why they font just put it there in the first place. Baby cot was like a cage, all steel bars. Ceilings were very low, made you feel as if you were being caved in. Not too soundproof either. Heard a couple next door having a god awful argument at 2 am.
FOOD: The only good thing was the coffee. First rate. breakfast was cheap. Not much to choose from. No smoked salmon. Very basic.
POOL: it was a joke. A tiny rectangle with a handful of sun beds on The ground floor with no view of the town. Horrible. Amari has a big pool on the 6 floor overlooking Bangkok. That is what one would expect.
SERVICE: was good. They had friendly staff and some who just wouldn't smile. The deputy manager was especially nice. Didn't get her name though.
LOCATION: the only thing I cannot fault. Just a short walk to the sky pass - through the intercontinental. BTS by your doorstep. Very short walk to shopping centers. Very good location.
OVERALL AMBIANCE: didn't really satisfy me. It felt as if the hotel was trying to cut corners in any way possible. I would never return and would not at all recommend it. It has put me off Holiday Inn chain for good.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Sahar79,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I appreciate the compliments on the level of staff service. I am disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay with us due to the facilities, room accommodations and amenities. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Brisbane
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Firstly Holiday Inns need to promote the Lobby Manager Manop as he was so helpful when we turned up early. Found us a room no problem even though hotel was overbooked. Good room, quiet and ample space and storage. Great breakfast buffet and we did try the Thai restaurant which was also very good. The location is just fantastic with Central World next door and the skytrain on the doorstep, this hotel is a shoppers dream spot. Pool area is nice though totally shaded after 1.30 in the afternoon. Could be a little cheaper comparing to other hotels in Bangkok, however the location is key here so we were happy to spend a little more.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Priority Club Floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Philly
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel has everything I was looking for: great location near the skytrain, very clean, great service, and nice pool. Also, it has one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. Do yourself a favor, stay here and get the breakfast buffet!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First time staying here and was very pleased with It's location & impressed by It's service.
I reached there early before the 2pm check in time. When I requested for a map, they told me places I can walk to and even gave me a card showing hotel address. Reminding me to show taxi driver as there are several holiday inn in bkk. And reminded me to get the drivers to on the taxi meter.
Very thoughtful customer service.
Even at 8pm, we r still in time to stroll to the shopping malls which are Just mins away using the sky bridge. I feel happy staying in this hotel.
Breakfast was quite nice too. Large variety n yummy.
Wil definitely return.