“Superb Service of Lobby Manager - Manop Punjasilwut”

Holiday Inn Bangkok
Ranked #117 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Master Lim, Singapore, was on his thailand trip last week. He stayed at Holiday Inn, Bangkok during his stay at Thailand. He had a splendid experience at the hotel. The Hotel Lobby Manager, Mr Manop Punjasilwut, was extremely friendly, patient and helpful. Master Lim had a wonderful experience during his stay at Holiday Inn, Bangkok. THUMBS UP for Lobby Manager, Manop Punjasilwut of Holiday Inn, Bangkok!!!!!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Bangkok

Reviewed November 5, 2012

disappointed this trip service not so good, stayed in old wing of hotel i guess and rooms not so good, and last night had to change hotels as no availability. tried for a number of days to extend, the hotel had rooms available but only if we paid almost three times the price so we had to relocate and i guess the rooms were left empty earning them 0BHT strange decision. Both myself and my colleague are Priority card holders so members of the hotel loyalty scheme which made it worse. also the club floor 5th is the worst floor i have stayed on at the hotel

Room Tip: ask for the new wing at the back of the Hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SteveBahrain
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear SteveBahrain,

We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you. Thank you for being one of our Priority Club Members. I am pleased to know that you find our hotel's location and cleanliness good. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. We have taken notes of your concern and we will forward it to the appropriate departments. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hotel is very great location nearby many places central world mall ,BTS easy to go anywhere anytime ,enjoy friendly people and great service PCR check in with welcome drink while waiting room to be ready full house but staff still smile and welcome ,good concierge helpful ,area for smoking ,swimming pool not big but nice ,room designe I love it ,bath and shower nice food is great I had nice holiday overe there
Honesty of the ppl when they found my safe box at the room left open and item inside thy close it and left MSG to me to contact reception or DM I really love to return once am in thailand

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherif A
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The room is comfortable and facilities are good. The sky station is less than 1 minute walk. Centre world plaza and siam paragon shopping mall are within 5 minutes walking distance. The location of this hotel is perfect.

Room Tip: Please visit 4 face buddha which is next to this hotel
2  Thank cytan1974
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been staying at Holiday Inn Bangkok for several times, but i usually book Standard or Superior room. This is my first time to book Executive Club room.

The difference is you get priority check in and check out at Executive Lounge, it was very convenient. You've got cocktails though not much variety. You can either have your complimentary breakfast at the Executive Lounge or at the cafe downstairs. Other than these, i see no difference.

Rooms are the same as standard or superior rooms. It's not bigger. But i've always loved their beds and pillows. I always have good sleep at their bed, using their pillows.

Nothing really special with executive rooms. You just get to pay more for drinks, wifi, cocktails. I arrived late, around 11pm and executive lounge is already closed. I was so thirsty that i had to ask for some drinks during check in. But sadly, no drinks were given. Please improve your breakfast both on executive lounge and cafe.

I might still check in at Holiday Inn when in Bangkok but not on executive room anymore, maybe just standard or superior room.

Room Tip: Just choose superior or standard room, it is enough, no need for executive room. Not worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank zazhimi
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in the Holiday Inn on a business trip. This has to be one of the better Holiday Inns as it was modern and the bedroon facilities of a very good standard. I would say a good 4 star hotel.

As for location well its right next to several malls so shopping and eating out is very easy. The hotel is also connected with the intercontinental hotel so you can also use all of their facilities.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This my nth time staying at the Holiday Inn Bangkok. I have initially wanted to try other hotels as we were also SPG members. But at last we decided to stay back the same hotel in Bangkok again because it feels like going back home.

We booked the hotel limo to pick us up at the airport as we do not want to waste our time to somehow "argue" with the taxi driver which Holiday Inn it is. The pick up was smooth and hassle free. We were escorted to the car within a minute and the driver was polite and friendly. It took less than 30 minutes to reach the hotel and we were ushered to check in. Checking in process was smooth too and we felt really good as the staff always remembered us and had our room ready with the correct type of amenities prepared way ahead for us. It is the type of customer service that I am always looking for be it in the hotel or a restaurant.

A special commendation to Mr Manop, the Lobby Manager who never fails to remember us. Over the years staying in the hotel, Mr Manop had taken good care of us and he possess every excellent service quality a service manager has. When we are in need of some help, he will always try his best to assist us. He and his team works together hand in hand to make the every guests' stay a more comfortable one. I noticed that he treats every of the hotel guest equally.

The room that I stayed in has good internet connection. My advice is to ask for higher floor should as i noticed that the internet connection is better. The air condition in the room is working very well. Given the humid and hot weather in Bangkok, you need a powerful air condition in the room to cool you down. There is a rain shower in the room, which is powerful and you can even sit down at the shower area when you are in the shower if you are too tired from the day's walk. Bottled water are provided in the room.

Breakfast is good, they had cooked eggs, thai noodles, cereals, fruits, toast etc. I hope I can see some other varieties with the breakfast sometimes because if I am to eat it everyday for 5 days, I might get bored with it. However, the service crew at Cafe G are excellent and they will clear your plates within seconds.

Location of the hotel is unbeatable. Opposite the hotel is the Intercontinental Hotel and you can go through it from the hotel to the bridge leading to Central World. Or you can go up the bridge where you can either choose to take their BTS skytrain or walk the pedestrian bridge to SIam.

There's a lot of hotels in Bangkok and tough competition within the city. With the new W Hotel coming up in December, I had once thought that I could try staying there for once. But when Holiday Inn Bangkok treats me as a family now, I think I should just stick to "home".

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple