1,549 results
All reviews central world ploenchit road north wing ihg member amarin plaza sky walk chit lom bts station erawan shrine major malls excellent location walking distance thai restaurant big c shopping district sky train station business trip hotel is located
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Stayed at the Holiday Inn over the Christmas period, was located in a very convenient place ie. right in the city centre, minutes walk away from Central World shopping plaza and 10 min walk from Siam Paragon shopping plaza (2 of the most impressive shopping plazas I've ever seen). Located right on the main street where the sky train goes up and down, about 50m from the skytrain station.

Checkin was pretty quick. Not the most extravagent lobby but for me, the room itself and the location matter most.

The bellhops/doorman/concierge seemed to be very knowledgable on all aspects of Bangkok ie. restaurants, tourist attractions etc.

The room itself is a good size, not the biggest but comfortable for 2 people sharing a room. Everything was new, the bed and bathroom were all new looking with bathroom (seperate shower)and bed all large and comfortable and you can choose from several types of pillows to have (I changed mine every day).

Overall, I'd recommend this place for it's location, the hotel itself is just as it advertises (4 stars), but once again location is 5 stars.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2008

No one likes the idea of staying at a Holiday Inn, but this one in Bangkok, next to the Intercontinental and perfectly located is great. It doesnt even look like a Holiday Inn with its cool reception, funky cocktail bar with great live DJ and really nice rooms. We stayed at the Dusit Thani (whihc was really bad) and switched to this place based on a friend's advice. No regrets

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 16, 2008

Iloved this hotel, I booked by a website, it has a very good location, very good area close to chatuchak, suan lum night market, shitlom skytrain, etc, also you can book a lot of tours from the hotel, I took 2 tours and it was great, better than know by yourself

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed December 17, 2007

Just came back from 3 nights in Bangkok, 7 Nights Ko Samui.
We stayed at the Holiday in.

Couldn't fault the hotel. We chose it because we knew we would mostly be out and about, it had good reviews, it was reasonably priced but the main reason was it's great location. We opted for a Deluxe room but room only and it was nice.

The Hotel's location cannot be any better -Chidlom Sky train station is practically on it's door step and it can connect you easily with the major areas. Trains are crowded but come every 5 mins. We bought all day tickets for 120 baht per person- about £2 and it was great. Also, you can walk to Central world in about 5 mins.

One tip. Went shopping in Central World and the Paragon Centre (check out the food court in Paragon it is amazing) but I did not find the shopping that good - it seemed more expensive that in the UK.
Went to MBK and that was more enjoyable but 7 floors of mostly the same things - handbags, sunglasses and t shirts etc but got some great shoes. Some stores haggle and others are fixed price. I would say give it a go but don't start too low. IE if something is 1500 start 800/900 etc and always with a smile!.

Patpong market was great for shopping - got a lovely evening bag and a couple of dresses there.It is good fun haggling with the stall holders and it was not a seedy as I thought.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank AeJUk
Reviewed December 15, 2007

This was the perfect hotel to explore Bangkok. It is located directly outside the Chit Lom SkyTrain station which is really easy to use to help you nevigate round the key parts of Bangkok.

The hotel is the best Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at. The staff were extremely helpful, hotel very clean. But the key benefit definitely was location.

It is a couple of Sky Train stops away fromthe MBK centre which is a shopping centre with some excellent bargains and some good restaurants.

During our three day stay in early December we visited the Chatuchang market - apparently one of the largest markets in Asia. It is open on weekends and is worth a visit for lots of bargains.

During our stay I had several shorts made and would definitely recommend Jesse and Victor at the Rajawongse tailors based only two stops away from the hotel near Nana SkyTrain station. The services was excellent and the quality superb - I would definitely recommend.

We also visited the floating markets whoch I found to be a real chore. It was too busy and not what you imagine in the idilic photos so would not recommend this day trip.

All in all an excellent stay at the Holiday Inn - I will be back!!

Stayed: December 2007