1,536 results
All reviewscentral worldploenchit roadnorth wingihg memberpriority clubamarin plazasky walkchit lom bts stationerawan shrinemajor mallsexcellent locationwalking distancethai restaurantbig cshopping districtbusiness tripsky train station
Reviewed September 27, 2007

I usually stay at the Intercontinental which is right next door to the Holiday Inn and is linked together but since the Intecon has become rather pricey, decided to stay at the Holiday Inn instead.

It shares the same great location being very close to the Sky Train and close to the massive new Central World shopping centre which has everything you could wish for.

Rooms nice and modern and good choice of TV channels. Breakfast was a bit pricey though and if I was to stay longer I would go outside to eat as there are several eating places nearby.

There is a great Thai restaurant under the Intercontinental hotel called 'Sawasdee' which serves very authentic Thai food at good prices and has much more atmosphere than the in-house Thai restaurant in the hotel.

My only gripe is that the Business Centre's internet charge was exhobitant at 300 Baht for just over 30 minutes and the connection was not particularly fast.

Otherwise good hotel and most probably would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank Happytiler
Reviewed September 6, 2007

Good and nice location. right in front of Sky Train station ( Chitlom station ). booked throught the internet. close to upmarket shopping malls.
cant complain. recommended. Shares the same compound with the Intercontinental. Guest can use Intercon restaurants and be billed to Holiday inn room, but confirm this anyway before using Intercon facilities.
The best part is the sky train right in front!!! of the hotel. didnt find any cheap restaurants around the hotel but plenty of fast food arounds ( Mcdonald, burger king, star bucks etc..)

However the food in the hotel is not worth the price.

Overall recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FBSQ
Reviewed September 4, 2007

My husband and 9 month old baby and I stayed here for 4 days this month. If we return to Bangkok-we would definitely stay here again, and given our positive experience, I feel comfortable to reccomend this hotel to our friends, etc in the meantime.

First and foremost, we found the staff to be consistently efficient, professional and downright likeable. As soon as we checked in, they asked if they could bring a crib up for our baby-and did. A quality piece of furniture with soft sheets and bumper, etc. The style of the hotel exceeded our expectations (having stayed in Holiday Inns in the US on previous occasions)--and actually rather resembled the West Tower rooms at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas (which cost much much more). The amenities were generous and useful: scented soaps, small shaving and grooming kits, shampoo, conditioner etc, toothpaste...The location couldn't be better as it is in the center of things-downtown Bangkok, right at at the Chit Lom Sky Train stop.

We paid about $150 USD/night to stay on the executive floor. Worth it for the helpful concierge/desk staff available on that floor from morn 'til night, the computer/Internet access and the daily breakfast and happy hours. The breakfast was a full one with 2 different main options (examples: waffles, french toast, Udon noodles, etc), fruits, cereals, cheeses and breads & pastries. Happy Hour went 2 hours in the evenings and was no stingy affair, offering hot and cold hors devors, wine, beer, etc. Oh, and we enjoyed making macchiatos and cappucinos on the coffee maker.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Quest802744
Reviewed August 30, 2007

My husband and I have just returned from a week at the Holiday Inn Bangkok. The Hotel was absolutely stunning. The decor was modern and stylish. The entire hotel was incredibly neat and clean. We stayed in a standard room which was quite spacious. The room had a beautiful bathroom with Red Earth toiletries. We were also provided with comfy robes and slippers.

The pool was lovely especially after spending the entire day travelling around hot and sticky Bangkok. The hotel's main restaurant Cafe G was a delight. The buffet breakfast was scrumptious. We also tried the buffet dinner which was superb, providing a huge assortment of international dishes.

Whilst staying at the hotel we experienced incredible service from all the staff. They were extremely friendly and helpful.

Another great benefit of staying at the Holiday Inn is the perfect location. The hotel is situated next to the BTS sky train which makes travelling around Bangkok exceptionally easy.

In my opinion, I think that the Holiday Inn Bangkok deserves a 5 star rating due to its excellent service and total comfort. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SamPerth
Reviewed August 23, 2007

loved this hotel. Booked after seeing good reviews on this site and certainly not disappointed. Stayed with my husband and children 17 and 15 years. My 15 year old son dresses in a rather alternative manner at times (tartan trousers and mohican, but a most polite and generous young man) and was concerned at what sort of reception he would get but everyone seemed to love him.

Staff extremely attentive without being overbearing. Offered upgrade to executive status upon arrival. Nothing too much trouble for staff, extremely polite and friendly. I cannot imagine anyone finding fault with this hotel.

would definitely stay here again and will be recommending to friends and family

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family