“Central convenience”

Ranked #20 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Central convenience”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

For a Bangkok visit this is an ideally situated hotel (but then again there are a few in the area). With a metro station on the hotel doorstep getting around Bangkok couldn't be easier (don't even think taxis!). You can get the train from the airport with one change in about half an hour and for around $3 versus the hour and $10 in a taxi. The rooms very very spacious, wonderfully comfortable, clean and well appointed with a big bath and luxurious rainfall shower. Shopping malls with a wide selection of restaurants are within a few minutes walk and many attractions are easily accessible using the metro or on foot. The street vendors (of goods and food) are plenty in the evenings again on the hotel doorstop. The staff were, as is to be expected in Thailand, very friendly and helpful. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Intercontinental Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. We are glad to hear you were impressed with our location and spacious rooms. We have shared your kind compliments with our associates and they were delighted to receive the recognition.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind patronage and we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I have stayed here many times while in Bangkok. It is my favourite hotel, as it so close to Central World and Siam Paragon shopping malls. I like to shop when i am in Bangkok.

The hotel is excellent in all areas, but i have 1 gripe that seems to be not to uncommon in Thailand. Service of the food at dinner time. For example, the Thai restauarant - on the same side as Holiday Inn, My son had his chicken fried rice served. Then slowly my wife's meal was served then my daughters, then finally mine 15 minutes later. i had to ask for my beer twice, and had to ask for the bill twice. This isnt very good.

Though still deserving of five stars.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at the InterContinental Bangkok Hotel. We are happy to read that InterContinental Bangkok is your favorite hotel and you love our hotel’s location which is situated to all major shopping malls.

We always strive to provide a pleasurable stay for our guests and your given feedback is very important for us, as it helps to improve our service standard. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience which you had with the service experience at Charm Thai restaurant. We have shared your valuable comment with our Director of Food and Beverage to look into this matter.

Once again, thank you very much for your patronage. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with your family to your favorite hotel in Bangkok.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Not only that this hotel is well located and offers five starts quality, the service we received was outstanding. I recommend to pay a little more and stay at the Club Level.
We will definitely return once we are back in Thailand.

Room Tip: It is worth to upgrade to a club room. Lounge is amazing!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank The_Chevalier
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your stay experience on Tripadvisor.

It is great to hear you were impressed with hotel’s location and service. We take enormous pride in our service and facilities, and it is always rewarding to know when our efforts have been successful in creating GREAT HOTEL GUEST LOVE.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Singapore
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Location is great, just below the BTS on the popular line. Linked by a overhead bridge to various shopping malls like Central World where food choices are in abundance.

Service is impeccable. The doormen to recep to bellboys were all very attentive. I love that the recep called me as soon as I got to the room to check that everything is in order.

Room is clean, huge and very warm (as in welcoming). Toiletries are "branded" and there's a variety of toiletries given.

I only had room service for my breakfast so can't comment much except that it's decent.

Only 2 CONs. IHG members get free internet, which recep didn't tell me until I produced my membership card. Getting a cab to go there or from there is a huge problem during peak hours. That's why the BTS helps.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your stay experience with us.

We are glad to hear that you were impressed with our Hotel’s location, service, room amenities and our people. Your kind compliments have been shared with our front office team members.

We always strive to provide a pleasurable stay for our guests and your given feedback is very important for us, as it helps to improve our service standard. We have shared your valuable comment with our Front Office Manager in regards to the complimentary internet connection offered as part of the IHG Benefit. Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience caused.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I had an enjoyable stay at Bangkok's InterContinental. I have stayed at the hotel before, even as far back as the days when it was the lovely Siam InterContinental, with its beautiful gardens.
I joined friends in Bangkok and selected the InterCon because of past, good experience.
Check in was smooth and I was upgraded to a better category room because I am a member of InterContinental's Ambassador club.
My room was large and very comfortable and offered a pleasantly large and comfortable bathroom with separate tub and shower. The TV was a flat screen with a 55 inch screen and once I mastered the air conditioning controls, I was comfortable.
The hotel staff were courteous throughout. But there were several minor issues that could add polish to the service.
1. The glass shelves in the bathroom were not cleaned during my stay, building up a collection of residue from my electric toothbrush.
2. The hotel really skimped on coffee for the coffee service. Where some hotels offer appliances such as Nespresso machines, InterCon still offered only instant coffee that really wasn't good.
3. The knife and fork provided were not cleaned for one whole day after being used and were still dirty when I left the hotel.
These may not seem major, but do make the difference between an excellent stay and a very good stay.
That said, staff were very helpful in booking an alternative to the hotel limousine for transport to the airport. The hotel offered a BMW at about $75. I preferred a Camry offered by AOT about $40. The hotel promptly booked the less expensive car and did so pleasantly, providing a written confirmation.
The hotel also offers a spa on one of the top floors and massages there are very good, though more expensive than one might find in massage paul ours outside.
The other staff, bell men, elevator guards and hotel restaurant staff were pleasant and efficient.
I enjoyed my stay at Bangkok InterCon and recommend it as a good place to stay and convenient and close to good shopping, the Sky Train, good restaurants, and other sights and sounds in a city that can be difficult to navigate because of its horrific traffic. That said, iT needs to pay some attention to detail to being itself up to a truly excellent standard.

Room Tip: As the Sky Train runs directly in front of the hotel, try for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Tamarindwalk
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your continue support to the InterContinental Bangkok and for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay.

It is great to hear you were impressed with the arrival experience, room facilities service provided by our associates. We have shared your kind compliments with our people and their personalized service and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

I further appreciate your feedback regarding the espresso coffee machines and I ensure you that we continually enhancing our product and will do more in the future to provide a comfortable and luxuries experience to our guests.

Please accept our sincerest apology in regards to the cleanliness, this has been shared and discussed in our Director of Housekeeping for greater guest stay experience.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Hotel was modern with excellent service. Reception was very friendly and easy check in. I love the staff who took care of me very well. I will definitely stay here again whenever I come to Bangkok also I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear you were impressed with our hotel’s facilities and service. We take enormous pride in our service and facilities, and it is always rewarding to know when our efforts have been successful.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

In my recent trip to Thailand, we stayed at Intercontinental Hotel.
Located along the shopping zone, Intercontinental Bangkok is just opposite of Central World (shopping) and 1 BTS train station away from Siam Center (shopping and good eateries).
Intercontinental is a full facilities hotel with gym, pool, restaurants and spa.
Ideal for anyone looking for a free and easy trip for shopping cum relaxation.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to our hotel and for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel and the
central location.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.