“Perfect”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #20 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel at the end of a European trip. I must say it was luxury. Staff were very friendly the roof top pool was lovely. The only minor downside for me being a solo traveller I wish the bar had better atmosphere. Live music or something like a guitarist. Otherwise the place is perfect I would definately stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. We are glad to hear that you were impressed with our rooftop pool and service from our associate. Your kind compliment has been shared with our team members.

We always strive to provide a pleasurable stay for our guests and your given feedback is very important for us, as it helps to improve our service standard. At our Balcony lounge, we have a pianist playing in the evenings between 16:00 to 19:00 hours.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind patronage. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (3,347)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Well connected by MTS and BTS to all the attractions. Good Restaurants and Bars nearby. The hotel is neat and has all modern amenities. Enjoyed the pool view.

Buffet breakfast has good choice and so many cafes like Deli, Starbucks are near by for some short bytes in between business meetings.

Shopping destinations - both branded and bargain are nearby. Offices are also walk-able.

Convenient for both Business and Family travelers.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at the InterContinental Bangkok Hotel. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel.

Once again, thank you for stay at our hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

You can reach the hotel from airport using the train services.
From the airport, take the train all the way to the other end and alight at Phaya Thai station (45 baht per pax).
You then change to BTS and alight at Chit Lom station(25baht). You can then walk to the hotel from there.

Hotel 's amenities are great. I especially enjoy their high tea set and gym facility is wonderful.

If you are looking for thai food, there is a nice thai restaurant at holiday inn hotel which is just across the road.
For something that is more affordable, we had gone to ta ling bling ( level3) at Central world mall( which is 5-10 min) away.

You can't get more convenient than this.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Semun H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your stay experience on Tripadvisor.

It is great to hear you were impressed with our hotel’s location, gym and amenities. We take enormous pride in our service and facilities, and it is always rewarding to know when our efforts have been successful.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I've nothing bad to say about Interconti except for the breakfast costing 900+ baht is way too much. Even giving me a discount and charging me for 600baht with condition that i've to have it for every morning, i find it ridiculous.
Stayed here for 4 nites and was very satisfied as the room was big with 2 queensized bed. Fruit platter replenishing daily, except the day we were checking out. Extended checkout time, free wifi, bed turndown service, friendly and helpful staff, i couldnt ask for anything more.
Strategically located, Chidlom BTS rite infront of the hotel. Central World Mall opposite. I'm more than happy to return to Interconti, only if I could get a better deal cos for RM450+ per nite for twin sharing and with so much option available in BKK, it can be pretty costly.

Room Tip: If you want breakfast, prebook with room, its cheaper.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catherine T
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the InterContinental Bangkok Hotel. We are glad that you acknowledged many positive elements about the hotel from our location to the comfort of the rooms and the staff attentiveness.

As a hotel we greatly value the feedback we receive from our guests as we constantly strive to maintain a consistently high standard of service. We have shared your feedback over our Breakfast price with our Director of food and beverage and once again thank you very much for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our to our hotel.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Service is excellence. Receiving special attention from the Front Desk staffs. Keep up the good job!! I will definitely stay at the same hotel on my next visit.

The hotel is located near the BTS station and it is centrally located in the shopping area.

Room Tip: Executive room and lounge access
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at The InterContinental Bangkok Hotel, I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us.

I am really delighted to read that our Front Desk staffs were attentive to your needs and provided the engaging service you should expect from us. I will look forward to sharing this outstanding experience with our entire team Members.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Amazing Hotel - maintains it service standards, cleanliness & location perfect. Stayed 4 nites from 10-14/7 with my 2 daughters. i hv stayed here several times but first time for the girls. The service was great in every department - at the Front Desk (Lampang & Tawan), housekeeping, Concierge(Nattapong & all the staff there), Coffee House Espresso (Chonticha @Sonya), Spa (Pla).
The Boys at the front entrance were always there to assist & made sure the driver knew our location. Also ensured the taxi metre was on. Once they even printed out the map of the Temple we wanted to visit and gave it to the taxi driver ---can't get better than this.
Rooms are fabulous - large, comfortable & very clean.
Hotel is an escalator up to the Metro & walking distance to shopping area & FourFaced Buddha.

Room Tip: They have rooms with Queen Queen Beds. Pillows are Personalised!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nikareeta

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and we are happy to hear that your daughters had a great stay with us. My team and I are thrilled to read that we were able to give you and your family one of the finest experiences.

It is always great to hear that all elements, from products, facilities and most of all service attitudes were in sync to ensure you and your family felt comfortable and looked after.

We appreciate to read your kind compliments of our team members was highlighted in your review, they will be equally happy to know that their hard work and great personality played a vital role in the success towards your stay.

We all at InterContinental Bangkok look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Me and my wife was traveling to Bangkok on 11 Jul 2014. Early in that day i really really had trouble with Singapore Airlines flight. Our schedule was delayed for 20 minutes due to technical problem plus one of the stewards onboard forget to serve me meal until I call them.

But thanks to Ms. Pullarp for making a perfect, smooth check in for us. After a hectic, mentally-tiring trip, I can sit on the sofa in the room I booked, without any further waiting, about in no time. That really helped me alot

This in the second time we stay at InterContinental Bangkok. The first time we stay in InterContinental we were handled by Ms. Sarunya. Even this time she still helped us making up our room and reserving for a group dinner for us.

The hotel location is also perfect with only few walking distance to Central World Mall, and Big C Shopping Center.

The Executive Club room, as recommended by Ms Pullarp, is neat, tidy and most importantly newly furbished. It is also quite spacious, allowing us to stow our big luggages while leaving more room to stretch our legs. The view was amazing, it looked over Central World Mall, with a fantastic view at night, with all the lights fired up. That’s really beyond our expectation

The Club lounge is another great thing. The view is absolutely great. I can look with an angle of 180% through the glass windows, from 37th floor..The sofas and chairs are well cleaned, and there hardly no dirty dishes.

The staff are very polite, helpful and fast serving. Even amazingly one of the staff at Club Lounge, Ms. Wasinee remembered my favourite picks, in fact it was just the second time I had breakfast at the Club.

However there is still something I’d like to comment about the Club. The FOOD is nice, but I found there are only few selection available. It would be great if there will be more variety.

We did really enjoy our stay in InterContinental Hotel. I will be on a long stay in Bangkok in November. I am looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment about your recent stay with InterContinental Bangkok.

We are pleased to hear that you had a memorable experience and were well taken care by our associates in the entire hotel. We have shared your feedback with our Director of Food and Beverage to look into the selection of food items.

Your loyalty to our hotel is much appreciated and we look forward to welcome you and your wife in November.