“Thomas Schmelter is a GM of the highest quality!”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #19 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
New York City, New York
“Thomas Schmelter is a GM of the highest quality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The Intercontinental Bangkok is jaw-dropping beautiful! All the reviews and ranking on this hotel is well-deserved. We had one hiccup with transportation in the beginning, but it was long forgotten when Mr. Schmelter reminded me of what it means to be a service leader of a highly revered property! If you want marbled-luxury, rainforest showerheads the size of dinnerplates and an impeccable service-oriented staff nestled in the perfect location within central Bangkok, then this is the hotel for you!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sabrina B
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear you were impressed with our service from our team members. We have shared your kind words with our associates they were all pleased to learn of your kind recognition.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind patronage and we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you to our hotel.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. Check in was smooth. The staff was very friendly and it made a great start to the stay.

Had a room on the 21st floor. The room was large and clean. It was showing a little age but well maintained. There was a large in room safe, both wired and wireless internet connectivity and two free bottles of water. There were plenty of power sockets at the work desk and bed side. There were plenty of amenities on the bathroom too.

The hotel is located right next to the Chit Lom BTS do getting around was straight forward.

Check out was smooth.

Overall, the staff were very friendly and it made a difference.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Bangkok and for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay.

It is great to hear you were impressed with the service provided by our associates and amenities. We have shared your kind compliments with our team members and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

I further appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel rooms and I ensure you that we continually enhancing our product and will do more in the future to provide a comfortable and luxuries experience to our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind Patronage and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Vilnius, Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

When I compare the benefits received by the InterCon as an exec plat ambassador, I think either the lounge or the great complimentary breakfast is missing. Some other chains have done so much better.
However, the hotel has great staff and it's location is good. Amenities are appropriate and the bed was delightful. I used hotel recommended activities and I have to say they were truly well organised.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear you were impressed with our staff on their knowledge and recommendations. We have shared your compliments with them and they were pleased to learn of your kind recognition.

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback over the benefits of our IHG Loyalty card and this has been brought up to our IHG customer service center to look into our benefits for our loyal guests.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome back to our hotel.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed their for 2 nights on the way back home, from the time we arrived untill we checked out, I can say that they provide seamless service.
Spacious rooms with nice outlets,
Great experience for Ambassador membership holders.
Rooms are properly equipped.
The breakfast is tasty and great value for money.
Whenever I'm coming back to Bangkok, IC Bangkok is the only option for me.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience at the InterContinental Bangkok. It brings us much joy to hear that you have enjoyed your 2 night stay with us.

It is wonderful to read you had taken the pleasure to enjoy the benefits for Loyalty Program and we exceed your expectations.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind patronage and look forward to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

From the time I entered the hotel the staff was extremely service minded and really did their very best to make this stay the best one ever. A calm, peaceful atmosphere prevails in the lobby despite the size of the hotel.

As it is very close to the SkyTrain (Chit Lom) (no, absolutely no noise) you can reach out in the city any time.

If you want just to relax in the hotel after work, there are very good Italian, Thai and Japanese restaurants in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your stay experience on Tripadvisor.

It is great to hear you were impressed with hotel’s location, our people, food and beverage outlets. We take enormous pride in our service and facilities, and it is always rewarding to know when our efforts have been successful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Not my first review on this hotel. But the same passion and sincerity in giving commendable remarks for boosting and buoying a performance hotel already earning esteem and honour. While some brands get deteriorating in quality and service because of over-expanding and recruiting franchise without stringent screening, I am so impressed to witness the sustenance of unsurpassable standards that this hotel never stops to uphold.

More: I find something extra this time. Perhaps, just a little more, but such little more adds value.

I was offered iced water on tumbler at the poolside, along with iced cold wrapped towel. The poolside attendants act faster than me in moving the reclining chair and opening the sun-shade umbrella for me. Water refilled every time I emptied the tumbler.

The repairmen answered my call for an air vent check without delay and he alerted another defect the next day without my detection. A professional follow-up check without prompting.

The lounge manager and the security at elevator nodded at me with smiles or surprises of recognition. Perhaps, they remember my faces because I stay here three times a year since 2010. Or, perhaps, this is a staged reaction to any guests. But, I feel the difference; it may be a performance, but I sense the genuine friendly gesture that warms me and impresses me. I don't consider the greeting as cosmetic, any way. By the way, I do say 'hello' and 'sarawade krap' every time I see staff in the morning with both hands in a Buddhist praying form.

The bell boy was quick to hold my hand luggage when I arrived the reception desk, with greeting smiles. While I thanked him for the service and told him I would hold it myself, he was still by my side when I was checking in , and was alert in giving me a hand in case I needed it. He accompanied me to the elevator area and passed me to the security on station. This is my first time to be treated like this in an American brand hotel. Such a scene is common, though, in most hotels of this class in Japan.

Details given in this long writing is to convince reader that I am not a ghost writer, or a sponsored guest of this hotel. Nor am I an executive of a big corporation earning free trips. I am just a humble teacher, paying every cent of the bill from my own pocket.

Room Tip: the corner rooms, having a real wide-screen panaramic view. Top floor, of course. Not facing the Ce...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank broke05
Dear Guest,

Thank you for supporting The InterContinental Bangkok and also taking the time to share you stay experience with us.

It gave us much pleasure to read your detailed comments and to hear that your stay was comfortable. Your encouraging compliments are certainly appreciated and have been shared with our associates to let them know that their efforts do not go unnoticed by our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back home very soon.

Chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had a two night stay late march 2014 after Heathrow flight before flight to Phuket. Lovely hotel with great staff. Pool area on roof with sun loungers and bar.Complementary towel and fruit juice very welcome after exploring the city.Great location with up market shops and plenty of eateries near by. Also close to sky train which we used to get about. traffic .easy and cheap to use. used it to get to river for a mini cruise. a problem so best to avoid taxis.very close to protestors who were no problem at all. security at hotel was comforting. Situation keeping people away. We had 50% discount on a fabulous buffet of sea food.oysters,prawns king crab legs mussels etc.Also excellent breakfast with wide choice and great quality.bed quite firm.lovely large bathroom with bath and shower.didn't use the spa.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to learn of your positive impressions with your recent stay at the InterContinental Bangkok and you were impressed with the rooftop pool area, our service and location.

We have shared your kind compliments with our culinary team over the breakfast spread and buffet at Espresso restaurant; they were pleased to learn of your recognition.

Thank you for your kind patronage and we all look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.