“Excellent service makes it like home coming”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #20 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent service makes it like home coming”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We've always stayed in this hotel whenever we are in Bangkok (twice yearly). My daughter loves the breakfast and the amenities. While my husband and I love the location. It is within walking distance to Central World, Siam Paragon, Central Chitlom, Siam Square. And the BTS Is just right next to the hotel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable.

However, even with all these, what really pull us back everytime is the excellent service by the staffs. And special mention to Ms Chutima. She make us feel like its our home in Bangkok and that makes all the difference!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank brinkleybum H
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The InterContinental Bangkok and also taking the time to share you stay experience with us.

It gave us much pleasure to read your comments and to hear that you and your family love our hotel’s breakfast spread, location and our rooms. We have shared your compliments with our Guest Relations Manager Khun Chutima for her personalized service and good to know that we have been successful in looking after you and your family.

Thank you for your kind patronage and we all look forward to welcoming you and family back home very soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After having stayed several times at this hotel and never been disappointed I can sincerely give this property 5/5 rating. The lobby is very nice and the hotel is nearly perfectly situated (especially due to the nearby Skytrain stop). Rooms are high class and the beds extremely comfortable as they also have mattress pads. Only the bathrooms are a bit dated, but still nice as there are separate bath and shower and enough space. Also the Thann's shower products are one of the best I've tried.

Rooftop pool is nice as there are no buildings blocking the sun. Although the pool sunbeds' capacity is limited, there has been always free sunbeds for all the guests during my stays. Also the gym is extremely good and locker rooms very nice. There is also a phenomenal, large jacuzzi with floor to ceiling windows nearly on the top floor which I absolutely love! Great way to relax after long walks in the city.

Service is very good, all around the hotel. Especially the concierge is top-notch! In my opinion the staff also speaks and understands English fluently which facilitates the stay even more.

Breakfast is also very good, although pricey if not included in the room's price. Nice start for the day anyway!

I'll definitely return to this hotel and due to the great experiences at Intercontinental Bangkok, I'm happy to choose Intercontinental also at other destinations.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FinnishTraveller1
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stays with us at the InterContinental Bangkok.

We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed with our service, hotel facilities and amenities. To hear that you enjoyed these elements brings us great pride. We have also shared your compliments with our concierge team and they were pleased to learn of your kind recognition.

Thank you for your kind patronage and we all look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am a regular at the Intercon in BKK and I never get bored nor is my stay ever taken for granted by the staff there.

My recent visit in early May was no different. From the moment I step into the hotel I am in an oasis of calm and luxury. I feel totally relaxed, I'm at home! The staff, from the guys on the front door to the the senior management are without exception immaculate in their appearance demeanor and professionalism. It is the staff that truly make a hotel stand out and this hotel must thus be considered 5 star ++. Should you require advice on a sightseeing excursion or a nice bar away from the hustle and bustle or perhaps a game of golf or like me on this stay an 800km round trip to Korat - you will get first class advice and service. For my trip to Korat the hotel supplied a brand new 7 series with all the bells and whistles including free wifi connection for the full day in the car. The driver was outstanding and despite some interesting driving around us he drove us serenely and safely, constantly anticipating all perils that lay ahead.

The IH BKK's jewel in their crown is their Guest Services Manager - Khun Natthanan. Rarely in any of my global business dealings, let alone hotel stays, do I come across such an amazingly competent and professional person. She not only bends over backwards for the guests, she seems to keep half a dozen balls in the air at the same time with the minimum of fuss. A rare talent indeed.

Just a final word on the facilities. The club lounge is world class. The Fireplace grill serves up the best steak in town and is a wonderful treat and the spa's staff include staff who have worked for Royals around the world. This is a top notch hotel and I would go so far as to say it's the best that I have stayed in for a very long time.

How many Hotels belonging to International chains around the world have their owner regularly visible and engaging with the guests? I don't know of any, other than the two that the owner of the IH BKK owns. That in itself is testament to the amazing team there, from the bottom to the very very top.

Room Tip: Being an ambassador or Royal (double upgrade) ambassador helps, but I would advise on taking a club...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I attended a conference in Bangkok and it was my 1st stay at the hotel. My conference was held elsewhere and I'm glad I didn't choose to stay at the host hotel. I loved the InterContinental Bangkok! From pre-arranging my airport transportation with the concierge team, the arrival process, breakfast in the restaurant, having drinks in the lounge daily; virtually everything up to departure, the employees really took care of us. Special thanks to Chief Conceirge Thanarat Menbangphung. He recommended a terrific restaurant and we ended up going back a second time with friends because it was so good. And he recommended a very good tailor for us. He saw us waiting in the lobby on departure day and approached us to inquire about our stay and offered his services on our next visit to Bangkok. He was superb!
I love this hotel, would definitely stay there again and have been raving about my experience to my family members and co-workers. I would not stay anywhere else. Flawless!
Regards,
P. Yagi

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Bangkok and for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay.

It is great to hear you were impressed with our Chief Concierge Mr. Thanarat Menbangphung on his knowledge and recommendations. We have shared your compliments with him and he was pleased to learn of your kind recognition.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind patronage and we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you to our hotel.

Boston, MA
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Spent 10 days at the Intercon.. No complaints at all. Gym was especially nice, breakfast was great, pool area is small but really nice. Great place to return to after a day of business. Extremely clean and large rooms.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management team, thank you so much for sharing your stay experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are happy to read that our rooms, breakfast, Gym and the service from our room attendants made your stay more enjoyable.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently became Royal Ambassador for the IHC group. I hadnt recieved my membership card yet so I told the receptionist my member id and he quickly located my user. However, I never recieved any room upgrade, instead I recieved a later check out time and they blamed the room upgrade on "something wrong with their system" in broken English. I was also forced to pay extra because we checked in at 6 am when it was "okay" to checkin at 8 am without payment. Its not very friendly to let someone who has the highest status in the membership programe to pay extra only because I want to check in 2 hours earlier. Later on that day we recieved a note saying they were sorry for the trouble caused at check in, I still dont believe they had something wrong in their system, as he was able to locate my member id without any problem. They did give us our money back, but imagine if I didnt have any money at checkin we would of been forced to wait for 2 hours without a room.

The staff working there doesnt seem to enjoy their job at all, I didnt see any smiles or anyone greeting us or anyone else coming back or leaving the hotel during the days, the only ones who were actually friendly and helpful were the two guys staying at the elevators.

The location is good but there are other hotels with better standards nearby and I wouldnt return unless they really show the Intercontinental standards.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pokerstah
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Pokerstah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Just about what you'd expect from a major international chain. Big rooms, comfortable bedding, and a very competent staff. On this trip i also stayed at the grand Hyatt, which I liked more, but that is not to say there is anything wrong here. If you want to have a safe and upscale hotel in downtown Bangkok, this one wil be a good choice. I do, however, have one complaint. When I cheked in I was given a coupon for a free 60 minute massage. Sounded great to me after having flown for 24 hours from the US. But it turns out the coupon was only worth a 100 baht discount, meaning the free massage was going to cost 2,400 baht ( which is about $80 US). While this is a pretty good price compard to what they cost back home, this is way more than a (ligtimate) massage in Bangkok costs almost anywhere else.

Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear you were impressed with our rooms, hotel’s location and our associate.

Please accept our sincerest apology during your arrival with regards to 700 THB spa voucher discount which was not communicated to you properly.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back.