“So sadly disappointed”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #19 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 5, 2013

As an Intercontinental Ambassador I am sad to write this review. We have always loved this hotel and continue to love certain people at the Intercon BKK.

As my wife is Thai we understand everything that is being said and are not in the dark about anything. As we were having a wedding in Thailand we had guests from everywhere visiting us and they are staying in the adjoining Holiday Inn. As my wife had some of her family there (thai) the elevator guy made a horrible comment toy wife and her friend at 10am about having people visit. We understand after 9pm when people may decide to sleep 10 in a room lol but this was not the case. In this case the elevator guy should have used his brain, asked the front desk people about what room they were going to in order to confirm we were customers but also platinum ambassadors. My wife and her family are now disgusted by this one event and we have vowed never to stay at Intercon Bangkok again. This is because they feel everything is a fake show and the second someone walks away the staff are saying something rude and cruel about their guests. Sorry Intercon but we will no longer be stepping through your doors.

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank devotioncafe
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear devotioncafe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Write a ReviewReviews (3,319)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Overall, had an amazing stay at the InterContinental in Bangkok and it was probably one of my best hotel experiences ever.

My husband and I went for our honeymoon, and the hotel actually gave us some champagne and chocolates. The rooms were extremely comfortable, luxurious and very spacious. An added bonus: we had a nice view. The staff was incredibly friendly, professional and thoughtful (they found out it was my birthday one of the nights and sent me flowers).

The pool is on the 35th floor overlooking the city and is beautiful. Although we didn't use it, the fitness center had nice equipment and was spacious. The hotel had a business center in which we could use their computer/internet free of charge (no free wifi in the rooms).

We ended up booking various tours at the hotel's concierge which was very convenient and worked out great.

Definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We booked 3 rooms and all of them have the same high standard of amenities and cleanliness.
Breakfast is excellent with many choices including fresh coconut drink.
Every morning the Manager on the Restaurant greeted us and showed us to the table.
Location is excellent with Erawan Shrine just across the road,Siam Paragon is about 10 mins walk and Central World just across the road.
Platinum Mall is just 10 minutes walk.
The housekeeping staff also helped us to set up an extra bed for our little daughter.
The pool size quite small for this hotel.
I tried one of their Chinese restaurant and the service was impeccable.
This Intercontinental is all high standards in most ways.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrea Aprillan... W
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed an interContinenetal during visiting to Bangkok as priority member, but I think this hotel service is the best as well as all other things. The front staff took care of my mis-reservation promptly and I could stay at this hotel without any problem. The location,the food and the spa service are very good too. Especially appreciate again to Mr.Tai of the staff member who helped me.

Room Tip: higher floors for looking the city view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank steve c
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Even by the very high Intercontinental standards this property stands out.
Views from the rooms are amazing;
Cleanliness is unbelievable;
Pool on the top floor (and bar) was spectacular!
Spa was the best massage I've ever had;
Attention to detail at the entrance, check-in, security at the elevators and other service personnel was spot on;
The cigar bar (fully enclosed to not bother other partrons) was a work of art, and the 1,399 bhat special for the special selection of scotch was anice way to cap the trip.
Breakfast buffet had everything you could want for a meal;
Center of the shopping mecca that is Bangkok;
Skytrain access immediately in front of the hotel;
Truly not a bad word to say about this property or its personnel.

I cannot wait to stay at this hotel again on my next trip through Bangkok.

Room Tip: Of course, the higher floor the better. I was on the top floor which provided amazing views of Bang...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rmc1971
Reviewed February 26, 2013

the best hotel i have ever stayed in. I got club room n the staff really took good care of me. had this evening drink waiting for me on the club level.
Rooms are awsome .
very close to siam paragon , centeral world on either side n other shopping places.
I have traveled all over the world , trust me no place like this one

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gsvij
Reviewed February 25, 2013

There's no doubting that the Intercontinental is extremely luxurious, brilliantly located and fulfills every need of the business and leisure traveller.

The location is perfect, in the high end shopping district and right next to the Skytrain. Rooms have almost everything, plentiful supply of complimentary bottled water, fresh fruit daily, turndown service, iPod docking station, turndown etc, everything you would expect from an Intercontinental. However, a couple of missing details - no milk for coffee, just Coffee Mate, no biscuit/chocolate, and honestly, how do they have the cheek to charge for in-room wifi when even the most basic places offer it for free.

What let the Bangkok Intercontinental down for me was the service on check in. I am a Platinum Priority Club member, spending 2 nights every week in IHG hotels. As my flight was arriving into Bangkok early morning, I emailed ahead to see if an early check in would be possible. I was informed that I would need to pay 50% of the nightly rate to guarantee early availability, or wait and see if a room was available on arrival. I chose the latter, and on arrival at 07.30 was told that a room was available but that I would need to pay 30% to check in early. Ridiculous, the room was empty but they just wanted to make money from me. After much arguing (odd, remember I am a loyal IHG customer!), they admitted the room was a twin (not suitable) so would get another room sorted out within 2 hours. OK, so I got a room a few hours early and appreciate that, but it was an unnecessary argument at the start if my holiday.

So, sorry but I can't award the full 5 points on this occasion.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple