$159
$68
$184
$113
Agoda.com
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$107
$82
Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$111
$246
$232
Priceline
3,529 results
All reviewsthe club loungeambassador membercentral worldcorner suitethe holiday innchit lom bts stationpillow menurooftop poolsiam paragonerawan shrinemajor shopping mallstop floorexcellent hotelrooms are spaciousfour seasonsfitness centerbreakfast buffet
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Overall - as always with Intercontinental - a great stay in bustling megacity.

As we were travelling with children we opted for Executive Van transfer from the airport which was a good choice after the long flight. Pick up was fast, all our (ample) luggage taken care of and ride to the hotel smooth.

Upon arrival we were greeted and hushed to the Club lounge for check-in and were assigned our room which had been prepared as per our special requests. As Royal Ambassador this was a nice upgrade to Club room - even though with the kids we had secretly hoped for a suite for some more personal space.

The impeccable room lived up to Intercontinental's standards and offered nice views of the city as well as a fully and most comprehensively stocked minibar.

We frequently enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere at the lounge for breakfast and pre-dinner snacks where most helpful and patient staff took great care of us. This always gives a homey feeling. Had breakfast once in the main restaurant which offered one of the most comprehensive selections I have seen so far.

The rooftop pool offers a relaxing place to retreat and was never crowded.

Centrally located, with shopping and especially the metro station close by proved to be a great starting point for exploring the city with the staff giving most helpful hints.

Upon departure, our rental car had been prepared with water bottles in every cup holder - very thoughtful indeed.

Thanks to all the Club staff for making this a truly memorable and enjoyable stay! :-)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a good location and the rooms are well appointed. It is the best shower we have ever had in a hotel and it is comfortable and well run as you would expect but there are a few things that are a disappointment for this Ambassador member.
With a guaranteed room upgrade as part of the Ambassador membership I would expect a bona fide upgrade to the next room category and not the same room with a few extras like a fruit basket, a sweet silk elephant doll and two items of clothing laundered complimentary.
There was much made of the spa vouchers for 700BHT per person and we were urged to use the spa but when I tried to make bookings I was told that there were no appointments available the whole day (open until 23.00 hrs) and I should try again next time I'm in town!
On check in we were asked to pay an additional 6,000BHT as a security for our stay to cover any incidentals. This is not something we have ever come up against before. Sure the hotel has your credit card details but to actually ask to charge an additional A$200 to the credit card in case you had something from the mini bar or used the phone seemed a bit odd. We refused and then the staff member tried to bargin with us and suggested 4,000BHT. Once again we declined to pay ahead for things we may not use.
Although we have had a comfortable stay I'm a little anxious as we have booked as at two other Intercontinental hotels over the next few weeks and I am really hoping that they will offer us a real upgrade to the next level of room and not the same half hearted upgrade offered at the Intercontinental Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Chell M
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great rooms, excellent location if you like shopping and the Club lounge was really very good, one of the best we have used. Food selection each day and evening was excellent and there was really no need to eat out which can be a blessing. Staff were for the most part very pleasant. Only disappointing aspect is the rooftop pool which would really struggle to cater for more than 15 people. Nearly 5 stars, regardless would definitely go back.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Seasoned T
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel located right in the middle of the shopping area, so convinience for business travellers such as myself. I had a meeting in here for 3 days, so I was given an accomodation for the whole period. The check-in was smooth and the staff was super friendly. The coordination for the meeting was great, the facilities was above standard.

I did not have the chance to try all the facilities, but the swimming pool looked less than I was expected. The gym was also standard for 5 stars hotel, I guess not many people used it afterall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed in IC for a while, and find that the service is exceptional. The employees are sweet and attend to your needs swiftly. With recognition to the banquet staffs and esp. Sasithorn Wangpusit. Sasithron has been wonderful in making your stay memorable. She is careful about the details, think for the customer and often with a great welcoming smile. I would not hesistate to recommned IC to other visitors to Thailand. Thanks for your great service. Keep it up....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business