3,555 results
All reviewsthe club loungeambassador membercentral worldcorner suitethe holiday innchit lom bts stationpillow menurooftop poolsiam paragonerawan shrinemajor shopping mallstop floorexcellent hotelrooms are spaciousfour seasonsbreakfast buffetfitness center
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I'm so glad that I selected this hotel on my first trip to Bangkok. From the minute I walked up, the service was impeccable, as was the property and amenities. It's simple a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location. The hotel has direct access to the metro system, right out the front door. It's in the high-end shopping/entertainment district. The room was simply spectacular and the toiletries were very nice as well. If I come back to Bangkok, this will definitely be my go-to hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LBOskiBear
Reviewed February 6, 2013

After a critical review last year, I accepted an invitation to return and allow the hotel to demonstrate that last years experience was an exception.
Upon arrival i was informed that my booking was partly a priorityclub points redemption stay and as such I would not be afforded Club access on the final night of my three day stay. With regards to this I don't know who was more embarrassed myself or the hotel staff when I pulled out a letter confirming that club access had been granted to me. It was a simple case of failure to communicate, this should not happen at the Intercontinental Bangkok.
I am delighted to report that after the initial embarrassment at check in, everything thereafter was a true delight, the Club lounge remains a quiet oasis of calm away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Bangkok, the staff were attentive without being intrusive, the food and beverages were excellent. The Club lounge in Bangkok whilst not as good as the IC Hong Kong, it certainly is a quality venue worth paying the extra for.
Special mention to the staff at the Fireplace Grill, where I had a wonderful meal with friends, certainly the best waguyu steaks that I have encountered in Bangkok.
Inbetween eating and shopping the rooftop pool was a nice relaxing place to cool off, all in all an excellent stay, will without doubt return soon.

Room Tip: Ensure you opt for a room with club access
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I am a business traveller that spends more than 250 days a year in hotels across APAC. This is by far my most enjoyable business hotel in the region.

You are always greeted with smiles and happy faces, the rooms are very comfortable and the hotel is very centrally located. The Club is very handy to use during business engagements, and the pool on the roof is great.

cant wait for my next trip

Room Tip: high floor with a great view of sunrise
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Too bad it was only a one day stay – this is a great hotel.

Nice building and nice lobby area. Efficient staff at check-in, free wifi in the lobby and most public areas. The hotel feels a bit older but it’s very well maintained and cared for.

Rooms are a very good size with a nice sofa area. Great furnishings and nice and bright with a big window – got a view of the huge mega mall across the street. Huge TV with lots of international options. Great desk area and loved the Ipod plug-in adapter. Really large washrooms with nice Thann toiletries.

Very good location and across the street is this huge mall called Central World with lots of good dining options on the 7th floor. There is also lots of street life very nearby, especially good for browsing and just seeing people sell food and getting on with their lives.

Gym is excellent and is actually for guests and private members – so high level of service and equipment – really appreciated the good gym. Very good sauna, steam and Jacuzzi as well.
So I’d definitely stay here again and very well done to InterConti. Special thanks to reservation staff by email who were super helpful and to all of the staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at the IC Bangkok for 5 nights on business, went to Singapore for a few days, and returned to the IC again for another 4 nights. Very nice, classy, excellent location at the Chit Lom BTS staion. Excellent health club facility on the top floor, and nice roof top swimming pool.

Got upgraded to a king suite both times due to priority club status. Fantastic room both times with a big bedroom, seperate living area, and a very nice bathroom.

Breakfast buffet was very good with lots of food options. Other than breakfast I did not try the dining options in the hotel as there are so many places around to try out. I did enjoy hanging out front on their downstairs patio, drinking a beer (or 2) and watching the people go by.

Fair waring! The first time I was there I was on the Central World side of the hotel - it was very loud due to the 4(?) pavilions out front, each with a different band playing until late in the night. The second time I was there I requested a room on the opposite side (over looking the adjoining Holiday Inn) and that was much better.

Overall I would definately stay there again!

With the BTS outside the front door

Room Tip: Get a room that is not facing Central Word if they still have the bands playing every night!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business