3,552 results
All reviewsthe club loungeambassador membercentral worldcorner suitethe holiday innchit lom bts stationpillow menurooftop poolsiam paragonerawan shrinemajor shopping mallstop floorexcellent hotelrooms are spaciousfour seasonsbreakfast buffetfitness center
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I am a business traveller that spends more than 250 days a year in hotels across APAC. This is by far my most enjoyable business hotel in the region.

You are always greeted with smiles and happy faces, the rooms are very comfortable and the hotel is very centrally located. The Club is very handy to use during business engagements, and the pool on the roof is great.

cant wait for my next trip

Room Tip: high floor with a great view of sunrise
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Too bad it was only a one day stay – this is a great hotel.

Nice building and nice lobby area. Efficient staff at check-in, free wifi in the lobby and most public areas. The hotel feels a bit older but it’s very well maintained and cared for.

Rooms are a very good size with a nice sofa area. Great furnishings and nice and bright with a big window – got a view of the huge mega mall across the street. Huge TV with lots of international options. Great desk area and loved the Ipod plug-in adapter. Really large washrooms with nice Thann toiletries.

Very good location and across the street is this huge mall called Central World with lots of good dining options on the 7th floor. There is also lots of street life very nearby, especially good for browsing and just seeing people sell food and getting on with their lives.

Gym is excellent and is actually for guests and private members – so high level of service and equipment – really appreciated the good gym. Very good sauna, steam and Jacuzzi as well.
So I’d definitely stay here again and very well done to InterConti. Special thanks to reservation staff by email who were super helpful and to all of the staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at the IC Bangkok for 5 nights on business, went to Singapore for a few days, and returned to the IC again for another 4 nights. Very nice, classy, excellent location at the Chit Lom BTS staion. Excellent health club facility on the top floor, and nice roof top swimming pool.

Got upgraded to a king suite both times due to priority club status. Fantastic room both times with a big bedroom, seperate living area, and a very nice bathroom.

Breakfast buffet was very good with lots of food options. Other than breakfast I did not try the dining options in the hotel as there are so many places around to try out. I did enjoy hanging out front on their downstairs patio, drinking a beer (or 2) and watching the people go by.

Fair waring! The first time I was there I was on the Central World side of the hotel - it was very loud due to the 4(?) pavilions out front, each with a different band playing until late in the night. The second time I was there I requested a room on the opposite side (over looking the adjoining Holiday Inn) and that was much better.

Overall I would definately stay there again!

With the BTS outside the front door

Room Tip: Get a room that is not facing Central Word if they still have the bands playing every night!
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Once you step into the lobby you will see the difference.
Breakfast - excellent choice.
The room is spacious although the TV should be changed to HDTV.
WIFI is not free - probably one of the things I was a bit surprised.
Conciege - excellent service.
Location convenient - next to Sky Train station.
Walk to shopping area - no problem in the winter months at least.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndrewM32
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here in November ,while on a business trip. First the good stuff ...The location is excellent.. on Sukhumvit and right at the doorstep is the Chidlom Skytrain station, which will connect you to all the major sights and shopping areas. The pick up in the hotel limo is good and swift, the wifi in the limo is an added bonus. The room is very good as well - spacious and functional. I had very low wifi signal in the room and the IT department promptly rectified it with a booster fixed in my room. The gym is well equipped , however they have many members and at times you may need to wait for an empty cardio machine.

The main and biggest concern was the breakfast and service - one of the worst I have ever eaten and for sure no where near what should be at an Intercontinental hotel! Even room service food was only average at best. Moreover the service was slow and the staff was not attentive and neither fluent in English.

All in all is an good experience... if you remove the breakfast and the food... I am particular about breakfast when I travel... however if this is not high on your list then recommended!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have low wifi signals. Ask the hotel for a signal booster in your room!
1  Thank Shilps17
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Shilps17,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G.