“Excellent Hotel”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #19 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The level of service in this hotel is just amazing. I did check-in at my room, don't know if it was standard or only when they are not busy. The staffs provide me with a lot of local information and it doesn't take long before I went around Bangkok with their printed guide.

The room was quite big and luxurious even if the hotel had some age. Everybody greeted me everywhere. Breakfast was alright, but again their staffs really put attention to your need. I would come back again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience at the InterContinental Bangkok. It brings us much joy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are pleased to read your appraisal of our people and their personalized service and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We just came back from a very nice vacation in Bangkok, staying at our favorite hotel, the Intercon. In actual fact, this is my continuous stay at this lovely hotel for the past 6 or 7 years at Christmas, and it is also our plan to continuously stay there during our forthcoming visits to Bangkok despite of all the new hotels in Bangkok lately.

To us ,as visitors, the location of this hotel is just perfect, right a few steps to the skytrain which has access to most of the shopping centres, which I believe all ladies are desperate for. Besides the location, all the hotel staffs there are so helpful and friendly, which makes us feel "at home" as soon as we step into the hotel.

What we also enjoyed most is the breakfast at the Expresso, the coffee shop. It is just like a full buffet and everything is so fresh and yummy. When stepping into the Expresso the next morning we arrived on the 22nd, we were so astonished at its new touch up just a few months ago. It looks so fresh and very eye touching especially with some "Asian touch", which makes us feel so much at home. Believe all credits should go to the Director of F&B whom I believe had worked in HK few years ago, so he had brought this "Asian" touch to the Expresso !

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone who plans to have a nice vacation or a business visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ngna
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your continual support to the InterContinental Bangkok with your visits. It brings us much joy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us for the past 7 years during festive seasons.

We have also shared your kind compliments with our Director of Food and Beverage to share with his team members, and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

We all look forward to welcoming you back home very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Traveling 10 years for business and this one was for leisure, I have seen a lot around the world but this hotel nailed every aspect one could do. All staff were friendly and helpful.
Small things that caught my eye to write this review, pop your room key to the lift and the security guard alread calls it for you once he sees you approaching with the card, excellent concierge! We wanted to book a tour which we found too expensive, the gentlemen noticed and recommended a driver for the day instead.
Our room was not ready, we got a drink offered at the bar.
The only thing I did not like was that the cab drivers were allowed to imagine dream prices for a ride, to the airport the driver first insisted on 600 baht and in the end I paid 250 per meter. If the hotel could get rid of this behavior then I would say perfection would be reached :).

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peterman1976

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your stay experience on Tripadvisor.

It is great to hear you were impressed with our hotel facilities and service. We take enormous pride in our service and facilities, and it is always rewarding to know when our efforts have been successful.

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a wonderful stay during our holiday vacation on Dec '12. Excellent location with the BTS just at your doorsteps. The room was spacious and well kept. The staffs were friendly and always made you feel welcomed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to read your appraisal of our associates and their service and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

We look forward to welcome you back home very soon.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hotel Intercontinental was definitely a good choice, with Best Hotel location in Bangkok
so welcoming and friendly staffStayed 21h Dec for one night using Priority Club Rewards points.with a fabulous view of the Bangkok skyline. The Club InterContinental Lounge on level 37 was outstanding.Breakfasts are wonderful, room was spacious and very clean,The hotel ground floor restaurant serves Italian food all i can say its a Great Ambassador bennies, like 2 free pieces of laundry and internet and a cute plush gift and room upgrade! Gorgeous rooms, fun views .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Bangkok and for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay.

It is great to hear you were impressed with hotel’s location, facilities and service. We have shared your compliments with our team members at the Club Lounge and Grossi restaurant and they were pleased to learn of your kind recognition.

We are happy that you had taken the pleasure to enjoy the benefits of our Loyalty Program as an Ambassador member.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind patronage and we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you to our hotel.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a perfect hotel in every way.fab staff,great location,spacious rooms but a little old now but still perfect.would recommend it to everyone and will def stay there again.nice spa and pool area.lao they take care of every detail and made me and my wife very special as we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary.a big thanks to them and looking corward to go back there.

Room Tip: Take the club room if you enjoy the snack sand drinks and also rooms on south side are quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is great to hear you were impressed with hotel’s location, facilities and service. We have shared your compliments with our team members and they were pleased to learn of your kind recognition.

We are happy that our associates made your 10th wedding anniversary special.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed 14th Dec for one night using Priority Club Rewards points. I emailed Guest Relations Manager Chutima about upgrading to the Club floor on an award stay. Check-in was swift and efficient and I was allocated room 1905 with a fabulous view of the Bangkok skyline. The Club InterContinental Lounge on level 37 was outstanding. The Thai breakfast of fried rice with
prawns topped with a fried egg was divine, and so was the excellent service. Afternoon tea and evening cocktails were fabulous too.

May I suggest paper take-away cups for tea and coffee should a guest wish to check-out in the lounge and grab a coffee to go in the cab on the way to the airport? Julia in the morning mentioned it is not offered but made an exception - I'm not sure she was happy to do so. I had my own paper cup with me. It is not asking for a lot. Most Club lounges have take-away cups for this purpose, very handy if a guest is in a rush in the morning and does not have time to sit and linger over coffee.

Akkaphol (apologies if I spelt your name incorrectly) - Security - was very nice in wishing me good-bye in the lobby upon departure. Taking the time to talk with me showed me he is a caring individual. Employees like Akkaphol take pride in their job and are a great asset to the hotel.

Overall, an excellent hotel and I was very pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is great to hear you were impressed with our loyalty program, club lounge and the arrival experience. We take enormous pride in our service and facilities, and it is always rewarding to know when our efforts have been successful.

We are pleased to read your appraisal for Ms. Chutima and Mr. Akkaphol personalized service and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of her efforts.

Thank you very much for your valuable comment on take away cups and we truly appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.