3,556 results
All reviewsthe club loungeambassador membercentral worldcorner suitethe holiday innchit lom bts stationpillow menurooftop poolsiam paragonerawan shrinemajor shopping mallstop floorexcellent hotelrooms are spaciousfour seasonsbreakfast buffetfitness center
Reviewed March 27, 2012

the hotel is beautiful, the service is excellent and the location is great, right off the sky train and close to shopping and easy to get to a lot of the attractions you might want to see. There is a great breakfast that was included and the roof top pool is a small area but offers terrific views...

Room Tip: we were upgraded as were priority club members ( free) its a good way to get awesome deals on hotels
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Having toured Asia for over a month now and demonstrated complete brand loyalty throughout, I was looking forward to returning to one of my favourite hotels the Bangkok Intercontinental, only the IC in Hong Kong provides better memories.

I was taken to the 37th floor to check in and then invited to have a coffee in the lounge as the General Manager had indicated his desire to welcome me. Ten minutes later came the message that the General Manager was otherwise engaged, all rather odd.

I hold Platinum Ambassador status with IC Hotels, and as such I am guaranteed a room upgrade, my club room was duly upgraded to club corner suite as expected. What was not expected, and indeed I am furious about is that my corner suite was located on the 17th floor, effectively the lowest floor in the hotel, providing the worst possible view of Bangkok.

I was not escorted to my room from the club lounge, the only IHG group property on my month long tour that failed to do so.

Quite frankly I would have dispensed with the upgrade, in exchange for a high floor, as it is I had to endure a 20 floor treck every time I wanted to access the club lounge.

One other point that deserves a mention is that my turndown service arrived each evening at approx 5.30pm, in my opinion this is rediculously early.

In order that this review projects a balanced image, it is only fair that I mention that my final nights stay was a reward night redemption, and the hotel were gracious enough to allow me continued access to the club lounge, for this I am grateful.

If this is the way Ambassador status is recognised, perhaps after many years of brand loyalty worldwide it is time to check out alternatives.

The Intercontinental remains a quality stay for all the reasons outlined by previous reviewers, and no doubt I will return, however, on this occasion I was left feeling underwhelmed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear Mr.Gary Ross,

Thank you for staying with us over the previous weekend. I must admit that I was disappointed to read your lines on how we turned your stay with us into a very uncomfortable one. I very much appreciate however, that you took your valuable time to provide us with such a detailed feedback.

Please allow me taking this opportunity to apologize of such an unprofessional service and for all the inconvenience you went through during your stay. I have personally taken all the points up with departments concern and please rest assured that improvement on the errors are taken without delay.

Once again thank you for your time and loyalty towards InterContinental Bangkok over the past years, and I thoroughly hope that we will be able to provide you the service which you were used to receive in the past.

Please let me know if I could be of any further assistance and look forward to welcoming you back to Bangkok soon,

Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is truly what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Great service and a fab location. The hotel rooms are very nice and the breakfast is amazing. I was very pleased with the service and would highly recommend them to others.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank mrijay

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent visit with us. We are happy to learn that you love our location, breakfast, rooms and overall service provided by our staffs.

Once again, thank you for your kind observations, and recommendation on the review. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of welcoming and serving you again at InterContinental Bangkok.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed at Interconti with my family on last month everything about our stay was flawless and totally memorable since the moment we arrived till departed. The location was perfect, surrounding by major shopping malls and easy to access to bts but it was not the area that made our stay memorable...your staffs were. What impressed us the most was staffs at Club Lounge. Natt (Club Manager) and her team, their level of service, friendly and at all time professional and nothing is ever a problem and till it seems that her and her team really take pride in what they do. Come to stay at Intercontinental Bangkok adn expereince once a 5 stars service you will not disappointed!!

Room Tip: Book club room
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kenny L
FOM I, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. It brings us great pleasure knowing that our staff help to make your stay a memorable experience and our location met with your expectations. We all send our regards and appreciation to you for the recognition especially for those staffs on Club InterContinental.

We at InterContinental hope to see you again in the soonest future.

Warm regards,

Kwanchai Quincy Yokto
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and it's great. Location is perfect for those who want to shop at the nearby mega malls (eg. Central World, Sogo, Paragon etc....).

Rooms are nice and clean. The club lounge serves great cocktails and food. Very worth paying for the ambassador pass which is us$200/- a year and gives you an automatic upgrade and access to the club lounge.

Great selection of food for breakfast and service is good. Definitely worth staying if you're in Bangkok.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a wonderful review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is always nice to hear good comments from our guests.

We are glad that you like our rooms, location, breakfast and service at Club InterContinental. We will strive to ensure each and every guest’s stay is enjoyable.

Thank you once again and we hope we will have pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.