$134
Hilton
  • Pool
$170
$124
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)
$129
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
$256
$243
3,524 results
All reviewsthe club loungeambassador membercentral worldcorner suitethe holiday innchit lom bts stationpillow menurooftop poolsiam paragonerawan shrinemajor shopping mallstop floorexcellent hotelrooms are spaciousfour seasonsfitness centerbreakfast buffet
Reviewed September 4, 2007

My second stay in this hotel. When I went to the Club Lounge for a drink, I was greeted with a smile and a "Welcome back" even though my last visit was over 6 months ago!

The room is larger than a normal 5 star hotel room with excellent connection as the skytrain is just outside the hotel. Food is excellent in the Club Lounge and great views from the room.

Even though it is mainly a business hotel, its location is perfect for shopping. MBK is just 2 stops away, Central World and Siam Paragon are both a few minutes walk whereas Gaysom is next door.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank YP T
Reviewed September 2, 2007

My husband and I just returned from our 3rd stay at ICH Bangkok and are already looking forward to our next trip. Aside from its simply unbeatable location (walking distance to sky train, central world and Siam Paragon malls), what sets ICH Bangkok apart from other hotels is its people. Service at this hotel is on par with the best hotels in the world, and highly comparable if not better than that of other top Bangkok hotels such as the Peninsula and the Sukhothai. From check-in to check-out, the staff goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure seamless service, personalized attention, and the most unforgettable experience. We arrived at nearly mid-night and were greeted with smiles at the front desk, a prompt check-in, an upgrade to a corner suite with panoramic views, fruit platter, wine and other nice amenities. The club lounge offers panoramic views of Bankgkok's skyline, and the best breakfast and afternoon snacks! Everyone: the front desk, concierge, bell boys, club lounge staff works hard to meet each guests needs. Nothing is impossible for them - from relatively short notice reservations at popular restaurants to providing recommendations and directions to explore Bangkok.
Even though they were renovating 10 floors, the renovation process was discrete and did not disrupt the guests' experience at the hotel. All elevators were running promptly and there were no signs (or sounds) of heavy construction work.
As a Royal Platinum Ambassador member, I have stayed at nearly 15 ICH hotels and resorts around the world and am pleased to say that ICH Bangkok truly sets the standard in terms of service for the entire chain.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Kamikazetrips
Reviewed August 16, 2007

Stayed in IC bkk with my bf on earlier in August. Impressive lobby with friendly staff greeted at the entrance. The girl behind reception desk was doing just fine on doing her job until she asked my boyfriend if i'm going to "check out" at the "same day".

I surely hope for the hotel with the reputation like IC would not say any remarks like that to their guest. I may have wrong, but the way she said it implying as if she asking am i going to stay for a "short time". My bf snapped at her and asked to have a good look at my passport - which clearly stated that am not "local" (no offense) . Anyways, the reception was the only bad experience during our stay at the IC.

Location
Fantastic location, with BTS just in front of the hotel and on the street with the array of upscale malls.

Room
Love the suite with the view :).. greeted with the selection of fresh fruite and yummy pralines :).. the overall ambiance of the suite is luxurious. There are living room - walk in wardrobe - marble cladded dressing area - and huge bedroom. The selections of the furniture is dated, nothing fantastic. There are better pieces out there which should make the suite looks better.

The bed
As the previous reviews, matress is hard and pillows are too soft. Got a neck pain in the morning :(

Dressing area
Marble cladded bathroom - the selection of the wares is fine, but the mixers should be better. The shower head is dated with poor water pressure. For a suite, i think they should have a ceiling mounted shower rose..

Club lounge
Love love love it! Apparently they just redo the whole club lounge, nice ambiance and selection of loose furnitures. The onyx wall is the highlight of the lounge. The food, all the yummies chocolates -big fan ^^- nice selection of sparkling wine.. breakfast is good, with a direct view to bangkok cityscape.

Concierge
Very helpful - helped us to plan our sightseeing around the city. We took the BTS most of the time, because the taxis are rip off! Would reccomend the green and the deep red one (they use meter) and make sure to get the hotel staff to tell the driver where you are going in Thai..

Dinner
1st night - Went to Charm Thai at the Holiday Inn, we had array of starters -yum- and the dry curry is good!
2nd night - If you like Italian, try the Biscotti at Four Seasons -just 5min walk away- The pasta + risotto is fantastic! The chef used to work at San Domenico.. We had dinner for 2 for around S$250, best italian we ever had :)

Shopping
There are several nice shops at the Four Seasons - Art Resources and Jim Thomson. We didnt go to the ones at Interconti..

Overall am very happy with my stay with Interconti - just that the hotel is seriously dated and need a facelift..

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank SBG_SG
Reviewed July 26, 2007

My husband and I travelled to Bangkok last December and were pleasantly surprised by the modern architecture of the city, beautiful hotels, and upsacale malls. We were especially impressed with the Intercontinental Hotel and highly recommend it. Not only is the hotel centrally located but is only a short walking distance to the Skytrain which can get you anywhere you wish to go around Bangkok.

It is said that "first impressions" always count the most and that can be aptly applied to our introduction to the hotel by the gracious staff. Every evening, after a long day of sightseeing, we came back and found a basket of fruit, cheeses, and candy waiting for us.

We were very impressed with the beautifully appointed room as well as bathroom. The roof top pool area had a lot of ambience with greens, restful pool area, comfortable lounge chairs, and bar area-a good place to relax before or after sightseeing. We also enjoyed the jacuzzi, fitness center, and of course, could not resist the massages.

Since my husband and I were only in Bangkok for three days, we had to narrow down our sightseeing to the Grand Palace and the boat river ride. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes to the Grand Palace and lightweight clothes that cover your arms and legs-a strict rule. The boat river ride was also fun because you could get off at a major point of interest, walk around, and catch another boat to a different destination or just sit back and enjoy the city's architecture.

Although we have nothing but excellent comments to write about the Intercontinental Hotel, we do have one word of caution to travellers. Be very careful when going to a restaurant and try to eat at the hotel, a restaurant within walking distance, or take the Skytrain. The hotel arranged for a taxi to take us to a very popular fish restaurant. When we arrived there, the restaurant staff immediately ushered us from the cab and asked us to select the fish we wanted from the tank. After committing ourselves, we were shown into the main dining area of the restaurant, but were taken aback as it looked like a "dive." Unfortunately, once in the taxi, we were taken to a restaurant that must have had an "arrangement" with the driver to bring patrons there rather than to the higher ended more upscale restaurant.. Not knowing the Thai language, we were essentially "duped." The prices were exorbinant and some of the food we were served was less than palatable. The hotel manager was very apologetic, said that an investigation would be done, and advised us to pay by credit card, not cash in the future.

Stayed: December 2006
3  Thank ReviewsbyPaulette
Reviewed July 25, 2007

I stayed at this hotel and not my usual Bangkok hotels (Hyatt, Sheraton, Shangri La) as the business colleague I was meeting with was staying there. When you first walk into the lobby you are greeted by a horrible chemical odor (cleaning solvent) that was there the whole week I stayed. As other reviewers have stated the hotel should have been updated a decade ago, it looks like something out of the late 80's. In the room the carpets are all stained, the bathrooms are a hodge podge of different fixtures, TV is a small 13” box that you can’t see well from the bed, there are no fresh flowers or fruit, and a perpetual musty odor. And why in such a big well lit atrium/foyer you would have plastic trees and plants is beyond me. The gym is a joke, full of equipment well past it's prime. The staff are mostly agreeable, but if you really need assistance they seem unable to make independent decisions (for example getting an extra half hour on check out). The clientele is mostly composed of middle eastern families on shopping vacations with some Japanese tourists added for good measure – it was not unusual for the foyer to be full of women clad in black full length hijab. In summary this is not a Bangkok five star hotel and it has a long way to go to be one, I’m not sure a complete refurbishment would be sufficient without management changes as well. There are plenty of other hotels in Bangkok that are similarly priced that are much more pleasant.

Stayed: July 2007