Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom
$131
$114
Travelocity
2,473 results
All reviewsold wingexecutive clubpremier roomindian restaurantthe riverpatpong marketmain restaurantexecutive floornight marketbuffet breakfastskytrain stationtuk tukgrand palacesky barsilominnsihg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Yeah My stay at Holiday Inn Silom for 3 nights was fantastic and the lobby looked posh and well behaved staff and rooms were good and.. v close to many attractions in Bangkok except Indira Market for Indians... Overall a good hotel and recommend this to all sorts of people....

Room Tip: Internet Charges seems to be quiet expensive... :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Rakesh G,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Spent 3 nights at silom holiday inn, found it to be very good value - worthwhile joining the rewards programme ahead so you may get upgrade

Got breakfast and Internet included as package for approx 50GBP per night.

Only 15 min walk to PatPong night market, and 10 mins to central pier for river boats

Breakfast had good choice, but usual mass produced catering.

Would recommend to stay here, has a small pool on level 6, nothing special in terms of views though!

• Stayed: June 2013
GuestExperienceMgr, Guest Experience Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear TravelbugCheltenham,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed being IHG Rewards Club member. Thanks for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom and we do hope that we will have opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Guest Experience Manager.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great rooms, great breakfast and friendly staff. We as Priority Club members had a room upgrade - which gave us great views of the city. The Club is small, but meets your needs. It is very close to the malls, including Central World and the Skytrain. This Holiday Inn is more upmarket than most of have stayed at. The pool is a little odd - sort of inside the hotel, and therefore you are a bit exposed to whoever walks by. Overall very hard to fault.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LilleePillee

Dear LilleePillee,

I am delighted to learn from your review, that you were thoroughly satisfied with the standard of service and hospitality you received at our hotel and it is always encouraging for us to receive such praise from one of our valued guests. Thank you once again for being our IHG Rewards Club member.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

As I make it a point to stay in comfortable up class hotel, Holiday Inn is a brand name that I would trust and fear of a let down. Holiday Inn Silom is very comfortable hotel although it is an old hotel compared to Holiday Inn Siam Express., The Reception area has a incense smell which some may not feel comfortable with. The service and staff are all very helpful. Walk down from the hotel and you can visit Silom area where there are Silom night market as well as food stall lined up alongside the road. It is 45 minutes from the Airport and 15 Minutes to MBK. Taxi from MBK to hotel, only 70 Thb. My room was upgraded and my kids were quite happy with the hotel.

However , it is not really neccesary to stay on the higher level as I could hear "noises" of other aircon units and this can be quite irritating.

The pleasant visit was soon marred by an incident. On a rainy night, I had tried to hail a taxi without success for past 2 hours. When I finally gave up and took a Tuk Tuk because the rain was getting worst and I was with my two young kids. Happy that we had evaded the storm although having to pay slightly more for the Tuk Tuk, the hotel security did not allow the Tuk Tuk to proceed to the Lobby. Thinking there was a covered walkway, we alighted to find ourself having to run in the heavy rain, upslope to the hotel lobby. There was no hotel stuff to advise a route, no umbrella. We were drenched and when I mentioned it to the Duty manager, I was told that it was because of safety reasons. The security and safety issues are not the concern of the guests. The guests needs to access the hotel and go back safely without hindrence.

I since wrote in the feedback form and online survey and am awaiting the reply. If there was a safety isues, the guests relations should have inform me to wait and pass a few umbrellas or showed us the way to get safely tp the hotel. When I checked out, the staff had tried to "made it up" to me by offering Food and Sandwiches which we refused.

When I was at Nikko Saigon, there were times I had taken my friends' motorcycle and there was no issue.

It is a waste because I had really enjoyed the stay until that incident. I hope the hotel improves on this and the Tourist made away that Tuk Tuk is not welcomed at Holiday Silom.

Room Tip: Try not to choose a high floor because of the noise generated by Air Con compressors of other buildings.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ernest T,

Thank you very much for your time posting on Tripadvisor.
First and foremost, please accept my apologies for any shortfalls you encountered with the hotel security. I will certainly share the incident that you have experienced with the team. Our goal is to provide all guests with quality & friendly service for which we are well known and I am sorry for this occasion. Moreover, thank you for bringing up this issue to our attention. I do hope that this incident will not tarnish your thoughts with us so that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back again to Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good hotel in business area in Bangkok. Better than the average Holliday Inn. Spacious room and bathroom, clean and quiet. Friendly staff. Ask for a room in the tower closest to the reception area and ask for a higher floor. Buffet breakfast is great. Lunch buffet offers a wide choice. Wifi is a paid option, 300 baht 24 hours. Walking to Patpong takes 15 minutes. Take the skytrain to visit other areas of Bangkok.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower closest to the reception area, ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business