“a good Holiday Inn to come to”

Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom
Ranked #131 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“a good Holiday Inn to come to”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I'm pleased with my stay here last week. While the lobby decor remains old (as some reviewers before me have mentioned), the floor I was on (18) had been renovated & my room had a very modern 'look' & 'feel'. My room was clean, comfortable & had everything I needed. My room faced the main road so there was a bit of noise only when the motorcycles rev-ed their engines (otherwise, the room's quiet).

The SkyTrain station is nearby so it's convenient to roam around Bangkok. The river is within walking distance if you want to head that way on foot.

The front desk staff are cheery & capable (& of course speak English). I was greeted as a Priority Card member & upon check-out thanked for being a member (not I that I'm bothered one way or the other). I felt that some of the restaurant staff looked glum & would rather be somewhere else (I was there for 3 days, breakfast & lunch, so it's not a one-time observation) - but they did their job, served me, so I'm ok with that.

Room Tip: there are 2 wings, I stayed at the Crown Tower, this may be the newly renovated block (I don't k...
1 Thank nick_ng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here whilst overnight in Bangkok. It was a reasonably priced room when you look at the Novotel at the airport. Cost about £20 for a taxi each way from airport. Massive lobby, lots of airline crews stay here. We booked a club room which was really nicely decorated and good quality. The club lounge stops serving alcohol at about 8pm but I wasn't told this when I rang to check. Was a bit annoyed that I had paid extra but staff did get us a glass of wine each free of charge when I complained.
Never went to the pool. breakfast you could take in club lounge or in the main restaurant so we opted for the downstairs restaurant. The quality was ok not fantastic and a bit manic in there. It was cooked on mass and a scramble for things. They did fresh pancakes from an automated machine.
There was a coffee shop on the ground floor which was reasonably priced and I would have used if we didnt have the breakfast included. Outside the hotel there are quite a few restaurants nothing special. I think you should research where to eat. Hotel food was pricey for Thailand. We never bothered. I would stay again but only in a club room as the other rooms I understand are really old fashioned and with this being a hotel built many years ago i can imagine being quite dire.
The doorman got us a taxi but was a bit unrealistic with his 10 minute timing estimate. 30 minutes later we were beginning to panic a bit. I think he rang one of his friends but it was a regular taxi.

Room Tip: club room is the way to go
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Who knew Holiday Inn could feel like a 5 star resort!? I was attending a conference here and was amazed by the spectacular food. Sometimes I skip breakfast, but not here. Lunch was a full buffet including sushi, carving station and several different entrees, not to mention a fabulous dessert spread! During the conference we had morning and afternoon tea breaks which were beyond spoiling. They even had a juicing station for fresh juice! The rooms are nice and comfortable, and I wanted to steal the pillows. A perfect venue for conferences! Just be careful of all of the jewelry shops nearby.

1 Thank Faith C
Swindon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

As my wife dauhgter and myself approached Bangkok through the high rise building, traffic jams and what seemed to be a less than appealing city we arrived at the hotel, Wow. The greeting was professional, extremely friendly and the hotel reception area was great. Things just got better and better. Bangkok is an amazing city if you are prepared to explore (we felt absolutely safe to do so). The hotel is perfectly placed, the boat jetty on the river is only 10 minutes walk. Try a Tuk Tuk, as cheap as chips as long as you haggle, crossing the whole city for about £2. The staff at the hotel were so friendly and helpful with good services available at all times. There is a great Indian and local restaurant on site as well as a wine bar/restaurant, Irish/Ice bar just by the side of the hotel. The lobby has a great lttle cafeteria and the hotel bar is great with entertainment at night. There is a nice swimming pool where you can relax and have nice cold drinks brought to you. All in all the Holiday Inn is so much better than the majority I have stayed in around the world (very many, I like them). The cost is also a major bonus, it won't break the bank for a very good 4* service. As for the other things to do check out the other contributors or I will be repeating what has already been said which I concur with.

Room Tip: As always as a frequent traveller ask for a room away from the lift and not overlooking a main stree...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Safetyman636
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good hotel in a good location. There are good restaurants and shops around. Relatively close to touristic places (anyway taxis are extremely cheap here). Make sure you visit the night market in Silom.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed in Holiday Inn Bangkok (Ploenchit) before, and the price here is reasonable compared to the earlier. None the less, there is no difference in service and expectation. The hotel exterior building might look old, but the interior and the room is as good as the Holiday Inn Bangkok.
This hotel also caters for Indian guest, with Indian alter in the lobby, additional selection at breakfast for Indian guest and many Indian religious site and restaurants near the hotel.
The fitness facilities here is limited though. None the less, it fulfill my expectations from Holiday Inn brand.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We normally stay at holiday inn in Siam when in Bangkok but it was full so we booked the silom road one and will definitely be making a permanent shift, a far batter hotel on a number of levels in my opinion!

Executive lounge is far superior. Great location, really very impressed over all. Breakfast very good, rooms very spacious and clean and service excellent!!

Will definitely come back :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business