“A must visit restaurant”

CoCo Ichibanya, Terminal 21
Ranked #700 of 11,780 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Siam
Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you are in Terminal 21 and you fancy a fix of curry then you can't get much better than Coco Ichibanya. The order system is quite unique for us westerners so here goes. You choose the type of curry you want then you order the size of the portion of rice then you order the topping you want and then order the heat of the curry. From somebody who can eat the strongest Indian phal curry then the Ichibanya spiciest is hotter so beware!

Great food at a great price!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Excellent restaurant. A great feature is that you can specify how spicy you want your curry - 1 to 10. I ordered a 10. I usually order my meals spicy even in Thailand, so I ordered a 10. That was the spiciest meal I have ever eaten in my life. If you want a challenge, order a 10. Great restaurant, great value - I highly recommend this restaurant. Just a warning - they bring the fire.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I loved this place , 5 levels of spiced Curry with all the usual chicken , prawns etc etc. I had the pork and Kimchi Curry with an additional Prawn cutlet, it was excellent and i returned here on my last night in BKK.

1  Thank cornish-scrumpy
Reviewed July 9, 2012

There are several Inchibanya in Bangkok - terminal 21, Siam Paragon, K-Village, MBK etc. At any one them you are bound to discover a super quick well cooked japanese meal. One of the favorites is curry which is a delicacy that you will love to have for a second round of order. Discover the unique mother watering curry at one of the CoCos. the ambience is average and dont expect anything on that front. Just expect great food.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Whilst walking around the new Terminal 21 shopping centre I came across the CoCo Ichibanya Curry Restaurant. (I think the spelling is wrong on the listing?). The restaurant in some ways is similar to the MK chain of restaurants except you don't cook the food yourself. The concept is quite simple. 99% of dishes are curry based. You choose what you want with the curry - duck, pork, chicken, omelette etc. You can also choose whether the different types of meat are roasted, fried etc. You then choose the size of your rice portion with the standard rice portion being free and a small portion rducing the price of the dish by 20 baht. You then choose the heat of your curry from very mild to fiery hot, there being about six different options. Toppings can then be ordered. Other options are available but I cannot remember offhand now what they are.

The restaurant is situated on the 5th floor of Terminal 21 very close to the top of the escalator. The whole 5th floor is full of different food outlets selling food from Asian to European, American, Russian - basically anything you would like to try. A veritable food lovers haven. As this was my last day in Bangkok I only visited once but I recommend anyone to visit Terminal 21, a truly magical experience.

Anyway, back to my order at CoCo Curry. I opted for the roast chicken, a standard portion of rice with a very hot fiery curry strength. I also opted for the tomato and spinach toppings and a small bottled beer with a bottle of water. The staff were efficient and friendly.

The meal arrived and looked delicious. The rice portion was more than enough for a large man such as myself, I had five large cubed pieces of chicken and the curry sauce was served half covering the chicken with the spinach incorporated into the sauce and the chopped tomatoes served on top of the sauce. I would liken the curry strength I chose at around an Indian madras and hotter strengths are available. The whole bill came to less than 200 baht which is remarkable considering the quality of food.

The meal was delicious and I would recommend 100% this restaurant to anyone visiting Terminal 21.