“Exciting food. Good ambience”

Somtum Der, Sala Daeng
Reserve a Table
Sat, 5/25
8:00 PM
Ranked #476 of 13,495 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bang Rak
Description: Excellent Northeastern Thai cuisine and friendly atmosphere, newly opened and very welcoming. Great food served in "Tapas" style share plates. Beware the hot sauce that comes with the fried chicken thighs!
Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

Located a stone throw away from Sala Daeng station, this place serves some pretty exciting food. At reasonable prices too!

We ordered their speciality salad. A very big metal tray is served with payaya salad accompanied by sides like prawn fritters, fried anchovies, sprigs of herbs, boiled egg, noodles and vermicilli. As we were eating al fresco, this spectacular platter did attract the gaze of many passer-by.

Tried the Rosalle martini too. At around 130 baht, this price is a steal compared to prices in Singapore.

Nice ambience, you can choose to sit indoor where there is air con or al fresco. A good place to people watch.

Good food, good ambience, good price. Perfect formula!

1  Thank 12gotravel

Reviewed July 10, 2015 via mobile

I went here with high expectations and they were certainly met. This is seriously authentic and spicy food that I absolutely loved. A great range of Som tam on the menu, perfect sticky rice and a great selection of grilled meats.
I suppose you need to be a fan of this food to enjoy the place - it was too spicy for two of my friends who were visiting me for a few days from the UK.
Highly recommended and I'll definitely be returning

Reviewed July 8, 2015

The varieties of somtum (papaya salad) will make you drool!
Remember to order the Moo Ping Kati Sod (beef or pork skewer) is a star! All the food is very tasty!

Reviewed July 7, 2015

had an amazing salad there - spicy prawn and coconut shoots. went back the next day to have the same salad again. will be thinking about how good that salad is for a long time!

Reviewed June 26, 2015 via mobile

I've just returned to my hotel from a dinner with my girlfriend at Somtum Der, and we are both extremely satisfied with what we have eaten. Food was delivered as spicy as requested, staff were nice and helpful and service was very quick. Prices were also extremely fair; incomparable to street food stall, but still very cheap for foreigners given the quality of food. I will definitely come back soon

Date of visit: June 2015