Medici Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #44 of 11,463 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Simply the best Italian Restaurant in Bangkok. A Rustic industrial space. A novel setting for enjoying vibrant and powerful Abruzzo regional cuisine. Evoking a neo-industrial opulence warmed by exotic, homely woods, Medici Italian Restaurant Bangkok is the heart of the award winning Bangkok Boutique Hotel, Hotel Muse Bangkok. The restaurant, Bangkok's most beautiful subterranean eatery, was inspired by the transition of European luxury and culture to King Rama V-era Asia, and the marriage of sophisticated elegance and homely charm.
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have made it my mission to eat here every time I come to Bangkok. All of the food is delicious, but the truffle risotto is a standout. I'm vegetarian and there are plenty of great options.Loved (and was surprised by) the opera singers too, even though I'm not an opera fan.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had dinner here last night with my friend, lovely place, staff are great ,food was absolutely amazing especially Filetto Rossini, wine was nice and thank you K.Noon for lovely service and most certainly I'll be back at the restaurant in my next visit to Bangkok.

Thank you for such a great unforgettable experience!

1  Thank gentle120
HotelMuseBangkok, Resident Manager at Medici Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Khun gentle120,

Great to hear that you enjoy our Filletto Rossini, This dish is very well known and it is one of my best selling items on the menu.

I am glad to share your excellent feedback with my team especially Khun Noon, I will pass along your compliment to her.

Please pay us a visit for your next trip to Bangkok.

Regards,

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed at the Muse hotel on a recent trip to Bangkok and decided to try out the Medici one evening. We were very impressed with the overall experience and enjoyed everything from the romantic and comfortable atmosphere, delicious food, and really enjoyed the live opera singers. Our waitress Som was wonderful and incredibly attentive.

Dear Melissa E

It is my pleasure to hear that you enjoy Medici’s atmosphere, food and our opera singer. Our opera performance is available from Monday to Saturday.

Khun Som has always been my top notch service excellence, will make sure to pass your regards to her.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Medici Kitchen & Bar at Hotel Muse Bangkok very soon.

Regards,

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have been dining here already few times and never bored.

Lenzi the Chef is really great, as Italian i am very particular to my Pasta and my Italian dining experiences, my pasta has been always "Al Dente" without even ask and the meat (beef filet) always tender and juicy.

great service and enviroment, music not too loud, excellent for private dining and businnes dining as i use often this restaurant for my business dinners.

highly recommended, very worth a visit!

Dear GiuseppeR R

Francesco lenzi has always provided top class Italain food since opening. Happy to hear that I have one more Italian guest who appreciates dining experience at Medici.

I will pass your message to kitchen team on your pasta and beef’s complement.

Medici is perfect for your leisure or business dining, please come back when you have your next chance.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I was impressed with the service at this hidden gem of a restaurant, which you can find in the basement of the very trendy Hotel Muse

There's a good selection of Italian food with some nice cocktails (particularly recommend the Extra Long Iced Tea) and a decent but highly expensive wine list (though wine is generally dear in Asian countries I find).

The food was delicious with beautifully cooked meats and gorgeous desserts cooked in French rather than Italian style

Most amazing though were the opera interludes which quite frankly blew me away and made this excellent meal into a very special experience and evening. We had the "3 tenors" and a soprano who sang like angels (I felt quite emotional!)

A special thank you to Jeeve for looking after us so well

Next time I would like a table away from the servery and the ordering area to round off my experience. I forgave that for everything else that I received which was just top notch

Prices were the same as at home for similar quality but this experience would not be found in NZ and sadly neither would this quality of service!

Would highly recommend to anyone wanting a unique night out with great food and service

Dear Khun Minkamonka,

Thank you very much for sharing your excellent review on our food and beverage at Medici.
The “FIEVERA OPERA” is performing nightly on Monday to Saturday.

I will make sure that Khun Jee is aware of your compliment on her service excellence.

Please kindly reserve your table in advance so that I could personally reserve the best seats for you on the next visit.

Best regards,