“What a great restaurant”

Medici Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #48 of 11,378 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Simply the best Italian Restaurant in Bangkok. A Rustic industrial space. A novel setting for enjoying vibrant and powerful Abruzzo regional cuisine. Evoking a neo-industrial opulence warmed by exotic, homely woods, Medici Italian Restaurant Bangkok is the heart of the award winning Bangkok Boutique Hotel, Hotel Muse Bangkok. The restaurant, Bangkok's most beautiful subterranean eatery, was inspired by the transition of European luxury and culture to King Rama V-era Asia, and the marriage of sophisticated elegance and homely charm.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

As a frequent Tripadvisor user I also checked up reviews here before going to have dinner. I really was amused thinking back of two previous reviews complaining about food size and prices.
I am happy to be able to say that I have seen quite a few restaurants in Thailand and in particular Bangkok since I am living here and the portions are really generous.

I mean this is a fine dining restaurant, if you feel like stuffing yourself than opt for an "all you can eat" buffet... Just saying...

Prices are moderate taking the food quality into consideration. Attached are some pictures where you can see the sizes if you compare to the fork and spoon. The Ossobucco was priced at 25 dollars, for a fine dining restaurant with that huge size this is cheap!

Beside the great food a welcome surprise were the opera singers. I am not really into operas, but what they performed was like a best of the most popular ones which even I recognised.

If you want to enjoy a special evening or simply just great food, than this is definitely a place to come to.

2  Thank Jean Pascal B
HotelMuseBangkok, Resident Manager at Medici Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Jean Pascal B,
Thank you for your fantastic review.
The team would like to personally thank you for scoring them 5 out of 5.
It’s a nice rewards to hear that you had a good time with us. I am glad that you’ve enjoyed Francesco’s food and thank you for your positive comment in regards to our portion.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Experiance was great over all - food was excellent (we ordered risotto & the t-bone steak), staff is very attentive without being too intrusive & location looks nice as well. We can only recommend going there!

Dear babelfish42o,
Thank you very much for your nice comment in our favor on Trip advisor.
Our Italian chef, Francesco was delighted to hear that you had “over all a great experience” provided by our team, even more, when he read your special comment regarding his food quality.
The Medici team & myself are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had heard this restaurant had some live opera singers and was somewhat hesitant, wondering how that would work out, but it was really terrific! The food was good, and the service very welcoming. The singers were great! I was pleasantly surprised. The three guys singing on the night I was there did a wonderful job! I plan to go back. It was an enjoyable evening.

1  Thank SPRSSI

Dear SPRSSI,
Thank you very much for your posting on TA .
We are delighted to read and share your dining experience with our team.
We are so happy to read your doubts first & your good feedback after all on our Opera team.
They’re working hard to achieve this level & we are very proud to have them in Medici .
We are glad it turn out to be a pleasantly surprise for you.
Thank you for planning to come back and we will do our best to maintain and exceed your expectation as always
Sparkling wishes

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Muse so decided to try the Medici Kitchen & Bar and we had a fabulous evening.

The evening started off before our meal with Thai opera singers parading around the restaurant, which was a delight and unexpected.

I ordered the taster menu that consisted of 5 courses each with a different wine. The food was delicious and was well complimented by each wine. I must admit that I could not decide which course I enjoyed the most!!

The evening was further complimented with a live blues band who played throughout our meal with charm and enjoyment.

Our evening rounded off wonderfully when one of the staff was celebrating their birthday, so we were offered a complimentary drink and a slice of birthday cake.

HotelMuseBangkok, Resident Manager at Medici Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Del-Sowerby,
Thank you for your amazing review.
The team is delighted that you liked Medici’s ambiance and you’ve praised us for our warm service .
We’re glad that you had a fabulous evening with us.
I’ve already passed your comment to our team and it’s a fantastic rewards for them.
The Medici team look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Wishing you all the Best

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My family and I dined at the restaurant last night with our best friend. The service was so fast and attentive with everyone's smiles. The wine was great and the food (steak, pasta, and desserts) excellent! Very nice ambience, so comfy. The rarest to find in other restaurants was the opera performance by young Thai talents. Would definitely go back.

HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Medici Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear RWV25
Thank you for sharing your experience with us via Trip advisor.
I’m pleased to hear that your experience with us went well.
The Medici team look forward welcome you back very soon.
Sparkling Wishes for 2014.

Best regards,