I had been to the Maple Hotel for a couple of work get togethers. It seemed really nice. While my wife and I were moving out of the area, we decided to stay there as it was close and seemed like a good place to gather for our trip. We were very disappointed.
1. The internet is horrible. It would connect, work for a couple minutes, then disconnect. All the while, it would show full signal strength. You just couldn't use it. When I complained, they said, "Many people are using it now." This was a midnight. The internet worked great in the lobby, so you had the choice of staying in the lobby or having terrible service in your room. I asked why they didn't move some of the signal strength upstairs, and they just smiled and said "Okay I tell IT." Yeah.
2. The building is decaying. The shower left water all over the bathroom (door and floor weren't sealed). The toilet barely flushed. The sink was stopped up and took minutes to empty.
3. Food in the buffet was exactly the same every day. Not a single change. After 5 days, that got really old.
4. There is only one restaurant nearby. Otherwise, you're in a taxi.
They have spent a lot of money on the orange decor of the place. They have not spent any money on the infrastructure.
Their target audience seems to be large tour groups, who must enjoy the discounted rates they get. There were swarms of tour groups, with big buses parked outside every day. It was maddening trying to work your way through these massive groups. They were always assembling in the lobby, showing and holding signs and shouting into megaphones. When some were on your floor, you're hear them shouting and running around. Not great when they got going in the morning.
One of the reasons we chose the Maple was because it was smallish and out of the way. We thought that this would make it a nice, peaceful place for us to stay. We were sadly disappointed.
I'm very disappointed in the Maple Hotel, and won't be back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maple Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.