The Okura Prestige Bangkok
$251
$132
$125
2,966 results
All reviewsinfinity pooljapanese breakfastjapanese touchjapanese hospitalitycentral embassydean delucajapanese toiletthe club loungebts stationinternational buffetmacaroonscorner roomturn down servicewireless roaddirect accessamazing hotelthe ground floor
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Being quite picky guests, my husband and I started playing a little game while staying at Okura earlier this month - "find what is missing here?". And all we could find during our one week stay is that it takes a little bit of effort to squeeze shower gel out of the tube:-) Simply said, Okura is a fabulous hotel!
It is designed in elegant in subtle Japanese style, with dark yet warm colors. Rooms are spacious, with all amenities that you might even think you could need. Location is ideal for exploring Bangkok. Breakfast is delightful with wide choice of fresh produce (choice of fresh juices is impressive). Infinity pool on 24th floor looks amazing so is the view you can enjoy from it, and it is very appreciated breakaway from Bangkok afternoon heat.
But that is only one side of the story. There are other beautiful hotels, but there are not many other hotels with such a superb service! Stuff is incredibly kind and would help with any kind of request you may have. What we loved are little things they would do here for a guest - like leaving cute little notes on your bed, or writing down the address you are going to in Thai language (very helpful with taxi drivers). We were once approached on the reception desk by a gentlemen who took 15 minutes to recommend a restaurant just like we wanted that night (and btw, recommended a perfect one). Later, we were told he is a GM of the hotel. Not many GMs would come to the reception desk, not if only to check that everything is ok.
We really loved this hotel and felt special while staying there. Rates are a bit higher compared to BKK's standard, but the value for the money is incredible! We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear MajaVDJ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following your recent visit to The Okura Prestige Bangkok.
I was thrilled to read that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. Your kind comments about the facilities are most appreciated and I am delighted that you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer, and that starts with the lovely breakfast spread we provide every morning and for which we certainly get many mentions.
We are very proud of our staff and it is always gratifying to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased too that our Concierge team (as well as his apprentice assistant!) were able to assist you during your time with us.
I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to all the team.
We thank you for being such a great ambassador to Okura Hotels and we hope to welcome you back to our property here in Bangkok in the not too distant future.
Yours Sincerely

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Okura Prestige Bangkok is a hospitality marvel. It has looked in every small detail of service. The point of service after all is to minimise the effort the guest has to make. It is about wanting to help and please the client. And Okura Prestige Bangkok delivers it 101 percent. Effortlessly.

Located in the vibrant Lumpini area, just 2 stops from Siam Paragon on the BTS Skytrain - one of the best shopping centres in the world, the hotel is easy accessible from everywhere. The ride to the reception area on the 24 floor takes seconds. You are then welcomed and guided to the receptionist, where check-in is fast and efficient. Check-out is also quick & painless. Whoever from the staff you ask for assistance, and I have done it with 4-5 people, they always go an extra mile to help.

With two Michelin-starred restaurants, warm Japanese-style hospitality and most professional staff, Okura Prestige Bangkok tops my list of hotels in the Thai capital. Congratulations to Mr. Wildermann and the hotel's dream team.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, well-appointed and above 24th floor

Dear Nikolai B,
Thank you for those very kind words. We are a small hotel so our biggest competitive marker is the service that we can provide, and with you we must have hit the bulls eye. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with our staff at our weekly meeting; our guest service staff was beaming with pride.
We hope to see you back in in the not too distant future, until then safe travels.
All the best

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The Okura is fast becoming my favorite hotel in the world, yet is still a great value for the services provided. Even after three stays, I'm still discovering new amenities in the rooms that I hadn't appreciated before. Having become accustomed to other hotels' extra charges for add-on items, I appreciate the free minibar beer, green tea setup, bath salts, good quality coffee, and wi-fi all provided free of charge. (The one thing I miss from before, however, is the chocolate-covered bananas. Bring them back!) This is one hotel where the base room rate takes care of everything, and everything is replenished twice a day, as the turn-down service is really a full-fledged room makeup for the afternoon. Staff in the club lounge are especially helpful and friendly. The acoustics in the Atrium are just right for live music (they had a fine jazz trio this past week). I also find the One Harmony loyalty program to be fairly generous with points, although most participating hotels are concentrated in Asia.

Room Tip: Club level for top services and access to lounge.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear SEAsiaTraveler27,

Many thanks for your review.
It’s a joy to know that our entire team continues to provide phenomenal service for your return visits to our Bangkok hotel; we appreciate your loyalty.

We have shared your kind words with our staff and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to your “home away from home”.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Five stars. Rather than a bloated behemoth with acres of marble tile and expansive chandeliers, this hotel succeeds with full-scale luxury in a modern, compact building. Breakfast was always abundant and delightful. Special thanks to Santiago and Niki for the personalized service.

Room Tip: Floor 33 is best for convenient access to club lounge on same floor.

Dear jneonline,
It's a joy reading your review; I appreciate your comments regarding our Bangkok Hotel. Our entire team cares greatly about ensuring that each guest has a memorable visit and for all the right reasons; I'm thrilled that you experienced just that. I've shared your kudos with our Club Lounge team, especially Santiago and Nikki; they are very grateful for your kind words.
I sincerely appreciate your endorsement of The Okura Prestige and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I had a sheer pleasure of staying at this rather new but utterly magnificent hotel last week , it is difficult to somehow mention all the great members of Mr Samir`s team and it would be a share travesty if i was to mention one or more staff members for their excellence.
Myself and my wife chose to stay at the Club level rooms and i must say it was a wise choice , the service and attention to details is immense , the staff ever so professional and efficient ,

The entire staff at the Club Lounge needs a special mention , Santiago being amongst the many outstanding ones , from the drivers , to the bell boys to the Concierge , front desk , i must applaud all

We had the pleasure of dinning at the Elements , and it was divine to say the least , absolutely sublime

Rooms fantastic , wonderful design with lovely views

I cannot recommend this hotel enough and the only regret i have is that i only got to enjoy a one night stay as i left for phuket the next morning

Room Tip: would recommend you take a room on the club level it is definitely worth every cent you will pay
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ali D,
We are absolutely glowing – thank you so much for your detailed review. I am thrilled too that you picked up on the tiny details that make The Okura Prestige Bangkok so wonderful.
Needless to say, Santiago - actually all the Okura Club Lounge and Concierge team - were happy to see them being rated so highly for the service they delivered and I must say that we are very proud of them too.
We greatly appreciate your business and fantastic endorsement, and we are looking forward to have the opportunity to host you again soon - but next time for a longer stay!?
With my very best regards, I remain
Yours sincerely