“Best Hotel in Bangkok (Southeast Asia even)”

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #6 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I travel around Southeast Asia a lot for business. This has been the best hotel I have been in so far for the following reasons:
- Location - awesome location! This is just next to Ploen Chit station. Wireless road doesn't have much in terms of food and restaurants. But being next to the BTS station allows me to easily go to busier places like Silom and Asok.
- View - view from the hotel room is very nice
- Staff - the staff is just great. All very warm and accommodating especially housekeeping! Concierge is very helpful and thinks of everything! There was one time when I asked to check if a restaurant in Asok is open. Concierge did. But on top of that, he gave instructions on how to get there, made a reservation for me, and (I think the best) gave me a card with instructions (in Thai) on how to get back to the hotel just in case I have to take a taxi back.
- Food - Breakfast is very good. :) I don't normally have breakfast. But food here makes me decide to wake up a little earlier in the morning just so I can have breakfast. :)
- Room - Simply awesome. Very high tech. Very comfortable. Everything in the room is just perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank kat g
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Amer L
Big thanks for your incredibly detailed feedback; we are so grateful for this. We appreciate that you took the time to share each aspect of your experience and have shared your comments with our entire team. We realize that you travel a great deal and are so flattered that our Bangkok hotel impressed you so much. Indeed, we are very centrally located, surrounded by major embassies and being on top of the Park Venture Office Complex has several advantage such as benefiting of the direct train access, and yet to come, a direct walkway to the soon too open Central Embassy, what is now being earmarked as Bangkok’s top retail landmark. We hope to see you again soon at our luxury Bangkok Hotel and we are very thankful for your recommendations and needless to say, we would be thrilled to welcome you back!
Samir Wildemann

Write a ReviewReviews (2,841)

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This modern luxurious hotel was above and beyond our expectations! Every aspect of the hotel was five star! We would like to give a special thanks to Santiago who was very serviceminded and polite whenever we visited the club lounge!

Room Tip: If possible get a room on the 34th floor!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GabrielandAmie

Thank you for your time in sharing your experience of your stay with us in Bangkok! I’m so glad you enjoyed our boutique property in Bangkok and experienced fantastic service from our hard-working staff. I have shared your kudos with our Okura Club Lounge team and I can tell you that Santiago was thrilled to see his name here! Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future, whether for business or pleasure.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here last year and enjoyed it so I booked it again. Bangkok is pretty chaotic right now. I had no trouble getting here. From the door man on everyone welcomed me back and knew my name, they even remembered to call me doctor. The room I was assigned a deluxe club site was beautiful with in credible views over the embassy gardens all the way to Lumpini park. The pool was heated an improvement over last year, but at this time of year it has limited sun hours in the morning - the views from the pool which is floating in the air are incredible. My bathroom has a tub over six feet on and big enough for a party with an adjoining shower that has windows looking over Bangkok. The toilets are electric washing and drying which I enjoy. If I felt something was off all I had to do was mention it and it was corrected.
The bed and sheets made you want to go to sleep.
They changed the breakfast option no longer having theJapanese Bento box in the Japanese restaurant. The larger buffet now includes more Japanese options and it has improved over the last time I was here. I am checking out the fancy restaurant Elements tonight. The club room which is next door has great cocktails and snacks and a smaller breakfast. The staff were great.
I needed a really late check out to accommodate a late flight - they agreed to charge me only a half day rate which helped.
With the demonstrations and chose in Bangkok right now it is nice to have the sky train attached to the hotel by bridge. I have never experienced the sky train being so crowded all the time but it is the easiest way to assure you will get where you are going.

Room Tip: The 02 suite is incredible for views and its large bath tub.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Jonathon G

We can’t thank you enough for your feedback and loyalty and we were delighted to have had you staying with us again. As both a hotel and a company we strive to always provide the best guest service, and we’re elated when our guests experience just that. Yes, we do do changes and that is thanks to feedback we receive from our clients and also from our own experience in the 1 ½ years since our opening. I believe heating the pool in December and January when we have only very limited sun exposure was certainly a welcome change as one should just not miss a morning swim in our so spectacular cantilevered pool! We hope you’ll continue to choose Okura in your travels. We'd be delighted to welcome you back to Bangkok and The Okura Prestige in the future; it would be our sincere pleasure to host you once more and also share your dining experience at Elements.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was in Bangkok in the midst of the shutdown and protest so I wanted a hotel away from the madness but easy to get to by BTS.
This hotel was perfect, I could get to it via the skybridge at Ploenchit station.
The hotel only begins from the 22nd floor and below are office suites. There's also a Dean and Deluca in the building so breakfast is really convenient if you do not want hotel food. I took the Japanese breakfast which was very good!
I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jnfchia
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Jnfchia,
Thank you for reviewing our boutique property here in Bangkok and thank you too for sharing your experience of your stay on this review site. Being in a central location with easy access to all of the shopping and strolling through Bangkok’s busy pavements is a must while here and being able to directly access Bangkok’s BTS ‘Sky Train’ from our building brings many other areas in the city within easy reach. Thank you so much for also sharing your thoughts on our Yamazato Restaurant and Chef Hagiwara's fabulous Japanese breakfast sets as well as complimenting all our staff for their service.
We hope to see you again soon again.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed February 16, 2014

A great place to stay .. A must place to stay with family too ... staff very very friendly specially at Executive Lounge.. u will be feeling tht u r treated as a king.. they make u feel in charge of every thing, u name it u have it ..

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Tariq L

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this glowing review regarding your recent stay with us. We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience at The Okura Prestige here in Bangkok so much and truly appreciate all the positive comments you had to make.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was shocked at how clean this hotel is. I'm extremely picky and this hotel is spotless. We paid a little extra to get a room with the prestige club floor and it was worth it. Arriving at 7 am the concierge sat with us for 2 hours (before we checked in) to help us personally plan the rest of our trip and book our excursions. The rooms are beautiful. And the service at the hotel is exceptional!

Room Tip: Pay the extra to stay on the prestige floor. Has a lot of extra perks. Adding the breakfast package...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank vegetalien
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review! It’s such a pleasure to hear that you were able to enjoy all the services of our Okura Club Floor. We love ensuring that our guests have special memories to take home with them and know that every little extra touch makes a difference.
Thank you too for your comments on the cleanliness and this certainly has made our Housekeeping team smile, especially the fact that they even managed to 'shock' you with it made them very proud!!
We hope to see you again soon!
Sincerely

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Recommend the Japanese restaurant and the coffee shop lunch special.

Lack of equipment in the gym. Pool spectacular but not for those with a height issue.

Staff all great and very friendly. Origami also a very nice touch.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your candor and assure you we take each guest comment to heart, from kudos to areas where improvements can be made. We strive to always ensure our product is as exceptional as our service. Do reach out to me directly and let me know what equipment you would like to have seen in our GYM and we would certainly review our setup if appropriate. You can reach me at samir.wildemann@okurabangkok.com.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.