“Perfect getaway”

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #6 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This stay at perfect. I had heard a lot about this hotel but wanted to be very sure and I was not disappointed at all. The room was big and clean and the staff made it a point to constantly ensure that my stay would be perfect. The breakfast selection is a delight and with two outstanding options of either a Japanese set meal or a lovely buffet. The pool was fantastic and is great for lazing. To top it all, the hotel is quiet despite connecting to a BTS station. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Leslie_Chua
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We’re delighted that your expectations were met and that you had a very pleasant stay with us as you managed to enjoy all we had to offer, starting from this buildings quite spectacular architecture down to Bangkok’s best breakfast and we are glad you also tried out the authentic Japanese breakfast experience in Yamazato.
We love ensuring that our guests have special memories to take home with them and know that every little extra touch makes a difference. Thank you for your kind words, and we just hope that we’ll have the honour of welcoming you back once again!

Yours sincerely

Samir Wildemann

Write a ReviewReviews (2,869)

Reviewed November 14, 2013

As they say, the Okura Prestige is a great mix between Japanese and Thai cultures and services. I have stayed there for a week and have all the best words for this outstanding hotel. Located in the very good part of Bangkok, close to everything, makes this hotel even more interesting. The pool at the 25th floor, the bar terrace at 24th floor and great restaurants at this hotel will make your stay unforgettable and will complete, in any sense, the visit to Bangkok. Strongly recommended. Not often you have a chance to see and enjoy the ambiance, warmness of staff and offer quality like the Okura Prestige at Wireless Road in Bangkok

Room Tip: Higher floors with a city view are gorgeous
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear armendin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your week long stay with us.
Our staff take great interest in our guests to ensure that their time with us is memorable and special, as such I am delighted to read that we managed to leave such a 'Prestige' impression that you will always remember.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Samir Wildemann - General Manager

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed several times at the Okura in Tokyo, so i know a little about this brand. to the point; It has been a long time since I experienced the true meaning of service, even after being here in Asia for 26 years. I am from Europe by the way. Spend the Friday night, with the wife, for a weekend getaway, and enjoyed a great dinner at the Elements restaurant (super deal by the way).

I lived in Tokyo for 8 years, speak the lingo a little according to my wife, and was pleasantly pleased with the true meaning of service. They went beyond and above their 'duties' and made her birthday a memorable one.

Okura, if you read this, count me in for many more times to come. Rooms are super by the way, and the misses loved your spa treatment and service!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Jean Paul W

Thank you for your warm and positive review! We appreciate you trying our signature restaurant Elements on your week-end gataway and are thrilled to see you enjoyed another Okura!

It is wonderful to read you found our service to be unparalleled- this is feedback that lets us know we are on a roll! We can't wait to welcome you back in the future for another celebration. We are certainly counting on you and are looking forward to your next visit!

All the very best

Reviewed November 11, 2013

2 nights, three days in a fantastic hotel. Beautiful room with amazing views, outstanding service, astonishing swimming pool with best views ever, good ambiance... All details were sorted out for the guest to feel comfortable, special and unique. Strongly recommended.
Train just on the corner make it very comfortable also in terms of location as you can easily move across the city.

Room Tip: We took the second best and got upgraded when we arrived. Just above the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear ignacioJV

Thank you for your wonderful review!!

We are so happy that you could enjoy your stay with us here in Bangkok and it looks like you really took advantage of all that we have to offer! Yes, the pool is indeed spectacular, and the room you occupied overlooking the pool and the city is indeed a great pick, thank you for recommending this! We truly appreciate your support and compliments about our level of customer service.

We can't wait to welcome you back to the Okura Family.

Samir Wildemann - General Manager

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I'm glad I chose the Okura. Room was gorgeous and had everything you could ask for. Cleaned twice a day. Little surprises like origami kits on the beds and slippers laid out. Club Lounge food tasty. All the food tasty. Everyone remembers my name and treats me like a queen. Noone complained about our music so the walls must be thick. Loved the pool. Everything great.
The only two tiny nit picky things I have are the pool is not 24 hrs and you can't order a cocktail to be delivered to you poolside, and the table at breakfast was not spotless (but not dirty either). Amazing thanks for a fantastic vacation.

Room Tip: Club Lounge all the way baby!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Melissacraggs,

Thank you for giving us such great feedback on your TripAdvisor review following your recent stay at our Bangkok property!
We are delighted the little touches like the origami kit on your bed left such a nice impression on you and thank you too for your lovely comments on our Food and Beverage services!
We are thrilled you liked it all! The pool certainly deserves a separate mention and we are not surprised you found this unique feature which is protruding out over Bangkok’s skyline as stunning, but what a shame that you were not able to order a cocktail while enjoying the view. I believe we overlooked something vital and I do apologise for this! Sorry too for the water marks which have impregnated the marble of our dining tables, unfortunately they can’t be removed and we are about to replace them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Okura Prestige on your next trip to Thailand.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Love this hotel. Room is big and comfortable, service is really nice. for the breakfast buffet, choices are many and tasty. And i love the pool. I stay there for my birthday trip and hotel give me a birthday cake as we didn't order, it's surprise me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor.
It was a pleasure to read of your stay and that you had particularly enjoyed our breakfast buffet, and it just keeps on getting better. We were also delighted to read that you managed to celebrate your birthday and enjoyed the little surprise!From all 390 associates at the Okura Prestige Bangkok we say 'Thank You' for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for another celebration!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I'm a seasoned traveler been to far corners of the world, in 5* hotels. So I know what I'm talking about. Boy Okura Bangkok has made life hard for me because I'm now travelling to Bangkok to stay at Okura, instead of venturing to new destinations in Asia... After visiting in August of this year, I just had to return in October because, simply put, I missed this hotel.

Not many hotels have surpassed this place. I thought Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore was my personal favorite but unfortunately Okura has taken over this spot.

It ticks all boxes.
- brand new, hygine, safe, all the latest gadgets, cool & modern yet comfortable home.
- excellent breakfast, including rare to find Japanese set menu.
- location, 5min BTS to major shopping attraction, or 5min BTS to nightlife close by. Airport to hotel using express train + BTS was possible in 35 minutes and this is bangkok guys...

This is not a hotel for:
1) someone who loves large resort swimming pool with palm tree - this is a city hotel with 20 odd meter infinity pool at 25th floor.
2) someone who wants large crowd at hotel with lots of party atmosphere. - this is a mature hotel with somewhat refined guest base.
3) someone who wants multiple 3*Michelin experience at hotel - I've not tried the hotel's upscale restaurant "Elements", but this is the WEstern fine dining and they have one Japanese restaurant... I wouldn't call it a 3* Michelin experience, although it's very high standard.

Anyways I used to have a ban on Okura brand after poor stay in Kobe Japan 4 years ago... they have redeemed itself and I've given this brand another chance... I will be making a quarterly trip to BKK because of this hotel.

To some extent I didn't want to review it because I want this to be my own best kept secret.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this glowing review regarding your recent stay with us. We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience at The Okura Prestige here in Bangkok so much and truly appreciate all the positive comments you had to make.
A few days have passed since you have posted this comment and I can tell you that many team members have been sharing your lovely comments and we are all proud that your first experience with us in August has already made you return for a second stay! Mission accomplished!
We thank you for being such a great ambassador to Okura Hotels and we hope to welcome you back to our property here in Bangkok in the not too distant future.
Yours sincerely