“Just perfect”

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #6 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 11, 2013

2 nights, three days in a fantastic hotel. Beautiful room with amazing views, outstanding service, astonishing swimming pool with best views ever, good ambiance... All details were sorted out for the guest to feel comfortable, special and unique. Strongly recommended.
Train just on the corner make it very comfortable also in terms of location as you can easily move across the city.

Room Tip: We took the second best and got upgraded when we arrived. Just above the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear ignacioJV

Thank you for your wonderful review!!

We are so happy that you could enjoy your stay with us here in Bangkok and it looks like you really took advantage of all that we have to offer! Yes, the pool is indeed spectacular, and the room you occupied overlooking the pool and the city is indeed a great pick, thank you for recommending this! We truly appreciate your support and compliments about our level of customer service.

We can't wait to welcome you back to the Okura Family.

Samir Wildemann - General Manager

There are newer reviews for The Okura Prestige Bangkok

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I'm glad I chose the Okura. Room was gorgeous and had everything you could ask for. Cleaned twice a day. Little surprises like origami kits on the beds and slippers laid out. Club Lounge food tasty. All the food tasty. Everyone remembers my name and treats me like a queen. Noone complained about our music so the walls must be thick. Loved the pool. Everything great.
The only two tiny nit picky things I have are the pool is not 24 hrs and you can't order a cocktail to be delivered to you poolside, and the table at breakfast was not spotless (but not dirty either). Amazing thanks for a fantastic vacation.

Room Tip: Club Lounge all the way baby!

Dear Melissacraggs,

Thank you for giving us such great feedback on your TripAdvisor review following your recent stay at our Bangkok property!
We are delighted the little touches like the origami kit on your bed left such a nice impression on you and thank you too for your lovely comments on our Food and Beverage services!
We are thrilled you liked it all! The pool certainly deserves a separate mention and we are not surprised you found this unique feature which is protruding out over Bangkok’s skyline as stunning, but what a shame that you were not able to order a cocktail while enjoying the view. I believe we overlooked something vital and I do apologise for this! Sorry too for the water marks which have impregnated the marble of our dining tables, unfortunately they can’t be removed and we are about to replace them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Okura Prestige on your next trip to Thailand.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Love this hotel. Room is big and comfortable, service is really nice. for the breakfast buffet, choices are many and tasty. And i love the pool. I stay there for my birthday trip and hotel give me a birthday cake as we didn't order, it's surprise me.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor.
It was a pleasure to read of your stay and that you had particularly enjoyed our breakfast buffet, and it just keeps on getting better. We were also delighted to read that you managed to celebrate your birthday and enjoyed the little surprise!From all 390 associates at the Okura Prestige Bangkok we say 'Thank You' for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for another celebration!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I'm a seasoned traveler been to far corners of the world, in 5* hotels. So I know what I'm talking about. Boy Okura Bangkok has made life hard for me because I'm now travelling to Bangkok to stay at Okura, instead of venturing to new destinations in Asia... After visiting in August of this year, I just had to return in October because, simply put, I missed this hotel.

Not many hotels have surpassed this place. I thought Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore was my personal favorite but unfortunately Okura has taken over this spot.

It ticks all boxes.
- brand new, hygine, safe, all the latest gadgets, cool & modern yet comfortable home.
- excellent breakfast, including rare to find Japanese set menu.
- location, 5min BTS to major shopping attraction, or 5min BTS to nightlife close by. Airport to hotel using express train + BTS was possible in 35 minutes and this is bangkok guys...

This is not a hotel for:
1) someone who loves large resort swimming pool with palm tree - this is a city hotel with 20 odd meter infinity pool at 25th floor.
2) someone who wants large crowd at hotel with lots of party atmosphere. - this is a mature hotel with somewhat refined guest base.
3) someone who wants multiple 3*Michelin experience at hotel - I've not tried the hotel's upscale restaurant "Elements", but this is the WEstern fine dining and they have one Japanese restaurant... I wouldn't call it a 3* Michelin experience, although it's very high standard.

Anyways I used to have a ban on Okura brand after poor stay in Kobe Japan 4 years ago... they have redeemed itself and I've given this brand another chance... I will be making a quarterly trip to BKK because of this hotel.

To some extent I didn't want to review it because I want this to be my own best kept secret.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this glowing review regarding your recent stay with us. We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience at The Okura Prestige here in Bangkok so much and truly appreciate all the positive comments you had to make.
A few days have passed since you have posted this comment and I can tell you that many team members have been sharing your lovely comments and we are all proud that your first experience with us in August has already made you return for a second stay! Mission accomplished!
We thank you for being such a great ambassador to Okura Hotels and we hope to welcome you back to our property here in Bangkok in the not too distant future.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This place is really awesome. I've never been to hotels like these, but it really is was a new experience all together. These people know what pampering is; each and everyone is more than friendly and the pool is the best I've ever seen.

Dear Kris S,
If 'This Place Is All You Need' than we must be doing something right! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We believe that little details make a big difference and are glad they were appreciated. We're grateful for your review and business, and we hope to welcome you back again should your travels return you to Bangkok (or maybe another great Okura experience in Amsterdam?)
Sincerely

Reviewed November 2, 2013

As a regular visitor for Business to BKK over the past years I always try new hotels. I just returned from a 7 day trip and this time I choose the Okura Prestige. From the pick up at the airport to the drop off at the airport i get a very perfect Service. I stayed in a Prestige Room on the 34 floor with a beautiful view and the privilege of the Club Lounge. Khun Boom, Santiago, Fasai and all other staff from the Lounge gave me all the time a very high standard of service. I felt home far from home when stayed in the lounge. Thank you to you all !
The room is well equipped and very clean. Perfect Internet and a very comfortable bed. Hugh bathroom, free soft drinks and a personalized breakfast service at the Lounge. In the evening you can enjoy free drinks and food.
The location is very convenient with direct access to the Skytrain. All major shopping places are easy to reach.
Thank you again to all of the staff from Okura I had a memorable stay!
I highly can recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review and we are glad you selected our property for your return stay to the city and that you gave us a try! Since we opened our doors in 2012, we take pride in maintaining and continuously improving this beautiful property and truly appreciate you sharing your wonderful experience. I have relayed your Kudos to the team, especially to Khun Fasai, Santiago and Khun Boom at the Okura Club Lounge and we are so glad to hear that they have contributed to making your stay so perfect.
On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
With our best regards to Zurich
general Manager

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Okura Prestige Hotel worldwide is consistently a good and reliable hotel and this one in Bangkok is no different. Good service, clean and comfortable with high standards. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and associates

Room Tip: Early breakfast to avoid rush and noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for being a loyal customer to our Okura Hotels. We’re delighted that you had a nice visit with us here in bangkok and obviously you enjoyed all we had to offer, starting from this buildings quite spectacular architecture down to Bangkok’s best breakfast. We love ensuring that our guests have special memories to take home with them and know that every little extra touch has made a difference. Thank you for your kind words, and we just hope that we’ll have the honour of welcoming you back once again!
Yours sincerely