“Clean and comfortable”

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #6 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Okura Prestige Hotel worldwide is consistently a good and reliable hotel and this one in Bangkok is no different. Good service, clean and comfortable with high standards. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and associates

Room Tip: Early breakfast to avoid rush and noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for being a loyal customer to our Okura Hotels. We’re delighted that you had a nice visit with us here in bangkok and obviously you enjoyed all we had to offer, starting from this buildings quite spectacular architecture down to Bangkok’s best breakfast. We love ensuring that our guests have special memories to take home with them and know that every little extra touch has made a difference. Thank you for your kind words, and we just hope that we’ll have the honour of welcoming you back once again!
Yours sincerely
Samir Wildemann

Write a ReviewReviews (2,869)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The most comfortable bed and room ever enjoyed!! Very Japanese-quality! Everything in room is high-quality!

Just, there is an accident at the end of the trip - my room key was de-activated in last 20 mins of my stay and I was blocked from entering my room to pack my luggage!! I called for their help but they NEVER showed up!! Fortunately I'm on 33/F where its club lounge is located; therefore, I ran to there and asked for quick help...

It slightly impacted my schedule. Fortunately I could still get on my air plane, very rush. No time for souvenir from airport..

1  Thank Kiu Tat H
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Kiu Tat H,
Thank you for giving us such great feedback on your TripAdvisor review following your recent stay at The Okura Prestige Bangkok! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to let us know about it. With that said, we are sorry for the spotty service you experienced on departure and that we were not able to respond to your call to extend the validity of your key! Fortunately it has not delayed your schedule but certainly something we can improve upon! We thank you for your business and we hope to welcome you back to our property here in Thailand.
Sincerely
Samir Wildemann-General Manager

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I went to Bangkok 5 times at the past 6 years. i lived at different hotels every time. But The Okura Prestige Bangkok is the most satisfied hotel until now. Their services,environment is the top standard . i recommended you choose it.

• Stayed: October 2013
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear OttoPeter,
Thank you for giving us such great feedback on your TripAdvisor review and we are so glad that you chose to stay with us for your most recent trip to Bangkok!
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you make us your home away from home the next time you visit Bangkok.
Sincerely
Samir Wildemann - General Manager

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Thank you Okura Prestige! We had absolutely brilliant last two days in Thailand with you! What a treat :) Our room was on 34th floor, it was big with wonderful views, super clean and comfy. I guess our agent who we booked through this hotel informed them that it was our honeymoon/anniversary because we had a lovely card from the Hotel and a lovely cake waiting for us in our room! I don't think we have ever slept in such a massive bed, and for sure I have never used such a fancy toilet! Everything in our room was just fabulous! We inquired about the 'kimono' (which was in our room for use) price as we really liked it but it was something really silly (like £80). We used the infinity pool on the 32nd floor twice, I've been always scared of heights and I don't know what happened to me in Thailand but I was totally fine being so high. We didn't have any food in the hotel except for breakfast which of course was amazing. Everything about this hotel was brilliant, staff excellent, happy, friendly and helpful. Not the cheapest place to stay in Bangkok but for sure worth the money! Loved every second there and if we ever go back we will be there! :)

2  Thank Shabtique
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

We are honored that you chose The Okura here in Bangkok to celebrate your anniversary.
It's a special day on the calendar each year, and we're thrilled we could mark the occasion with proper fanfare. I've relayed your kudos to the team and we are so glad we could be of such assistance.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a future anniversary celebration or another stop in the Thai capital, and from all of us here, thank you for your business.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Splendid stay at a nicely designed hotel. The loveliest thing of all is the comfort of the guestroom, thoughtful details to accommodate guest's needs and not to forget the absolutely comfortable bed!
Staffs are friendly and helpful and the location is definitely a plus point for all tourist. Right in between the shopping and eating hotspots - Siam & Asoke!

Room Tip: Standard room is more spacious than typical standard hotel guestroom
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our downtown Bangkok Hotel. We’re delighted to know that you enjoyed our location in the heart of the city and above all the comfort of your room and…most important of all - your bed! We did spend considerable amount of time to design every aspect of our bedding, from the finest Egyptian cotton sheets down to the mattress and we are really amazed by the amount of positive feedback we receive! From all of us at The Okura Prestige, thank you for your kind words - we hope to have the honour of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently had a second stay at the Okura Prestige in Bangkok in October, staying club level. The club level staff -including Santiago and Bom (not sure of the spelling) and the other girls are wonderful, helpful and very attentive. After staying last May with my son I was very happen to return my husband and all four children. The hotel is stunning and well placed for public transport, lying in a central location. Local food is available a short walk away. Te gym is excellent and the pool amazing. I +/- others in my family will return next April

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

We’re blushing reading this review – thank you so much for your kind words! We’re so honoured that you continue to choose The Okura Prestige Bangkok when you visit our city. We’re delighted to know that you enjoyed each aspect of your stay from the Gym and Pool to all that we have to offer in the Okura Club Lounge and I have relayed your Kudos to the team, especially to Santiago and Khun Boom and we are so glad to hear that they have contributed to making your return stay so perfect. We are certainly looking forward to welcoming you and your family back next April!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Met friends for long weekend in Bangkok and one friend recommended The Okura Prestige Bangkok. We all agreed to stay there and it was a fantastic weekend. Friendly and helpful staff, great rooms, great service and good location for all our site seeing. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we are thankful for your friends to have introduced you to our new property here in Bangkok.
We believe that little details make a big difference and are glad that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay, such as the food we serve and not to forget our central location...and above all, we're delighted that you experienced warm and caring service.
We're grateful for your review and business, and we hope to welcome you back again should your travels return you to Bangkok.