“Good hotel, food so so, smoking was a pain in the account.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Okura Prestige Bangkok

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #6 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Phuket, Thailand
“Good hotel, food so so, smoking was a pain in the account.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed there 3 days, I booked on agoda, and I did not book non smoking room. So I expect I can smoke in my room or balcony. No balcony, smoking 7 floors down and outside, what a pain in the axx, to have to run op and down to have a relaxing smoke on a stressful day. For that reason I will not stay there again.

Also food was expensive and nothing special.
Breakfast was great, thy just need to fix the toaster, only 3 slots work, so if you put toast in the wrong one you will be waiting for ever and your toast will never be finished.That is not 5 star hotel..

Other tthan that nice hotel, but I'm sure one can do better for that price.

• Stayed March 2013
      Cleanliness
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear BrownGhost,
Thank you for choosing The Okura Prestige Bangkok for your recent visit. I apologize for not having provided you with a room for smokers. We try our best to accommodate specific requests whenever possible and do so; however, the hotel’s occupancy and availability at times can pose a challenge and being informed prior to arrival of special requests would assist us immensely. We regret that we were not able to provide you with the right room at this occasion.

I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future, where I would personally see to it that you have a better stay. Please contact me directly at +66 (0)2 687 9009 if you wish to discuss your experience further.
Samir Wildemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with polite staff and responsive room services. Restaurants are cool and they even have live jazz music playing right at the lobby cafe during sunday afternoon. They also have a nice swimming pool & gym, together with a comfortable spa. Location is good enough with connection with BTS station, and it takes only 10 mins to the core shopping area of Siam.
7-11 is just nearby, and local foods peddlers are also available nearby during lunch hours from Monday to Saturday.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Okura Prestige on your recent visit to Bangkok. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel, as well as the Sunday-Jazz-Brunch, our location and the nearby shopping!
We hope to see you back here again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Perfect in every way, perfect room(corner suite), perfect service, perfect staff, perfect food. Only thing need to improve is the wifi internet speed, manager said system will be upgrade soon, hope my next stay with a higher speed internet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for giving us such great feedback on your Trip Advisor review following your recent stay at our Bangkok property ! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to let us know about it. Indeed, we have already started to install a much improved WiFi system, it comes with some very exciting features! We look forward to welcoming you back to The Okura Prestige on your next trip to Thailand.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

3 mins walk to BTS station, EXTREMELY convenient, staffs are all sincere and professional. treat every guest like VIP. the atmosphere is the room and the bedding are very comfortable. there is a 7-Eleven and a nice coffee shop Dean & DeLuca next to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear gigglingcash

Thank you for the five-star rating!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with our great location. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Ko Samui, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I'm booked this hotel for my bussiness trip to BKK, What I got from this hotel on the service matter is really bad experience,for example long interview ( like you are in Immigration office ) if you forget your key card in the room and you ask for at the reception,really wast my time to answer,if she is clever,just open my file in her drawer and look on my copy of ID Card or passport,and give me a key card...problem solved !

And when I write a complain message to the GM ..he said 2 nights his staff cannot remember my face ! Not a good answer ..stay there 1 night or 2 nights or 10 nights what is a difference..I'm your guest ..I'm your client. by his experience in hotel and hospitality bussiness he should thinks for a better answer for me. and still no solution !

If you plan or stay there ,Please don't forget your key card in the room even that room is your own room !

Sometime to stay in no star hotel with no attitude staff is better than stay in 5 stars hotel ( or wanna be 5 stars ) with bad attitude staff.

Room Tip: don't forget your key card
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank Alex R
Dear Alex
Thank you for your detailed feedback. We appreciate your honesty and glad you had the opportunity to voice your opinion. In the interest of our clients safety our reception does need to verify the identity of a rooms occupant and we do hope we have your kind understanding for this. I hope you will let us know the next time you are travelling to Bangkok and give us a second chance.

Kind regards

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We booked this hotel mainly because they're a member of the Leading Hotels of the World (LHW).
I can only recommend to become a member of their programme! You get guaranteed upgrades, free internet and free breakfast. All that we've enjoyed during our stay at the Okura which made it even memorable. The hotel is very conveniently situated withing walking distance of BTS Ploenchit station so you don't have to rely on taxi transport only. I'll go there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leonz
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear leonz,

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us! It is wonderful to hear that the benefits The Leaders Club Card also contributed to making your experience here even better. We hope you make us your home away from home next time you visit Bangkok.

general Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

One of the hotels I like most.

This is a relatively small hotel, with some 200 rooms. But the rooms are so nicely furnished and provide free wifi. I specially like their idea of separating the bath room and the toilet.

Breakfast is good. Overall service is excellent. Staff are always helpful and wear a smile on their faces.

Location of the hotel is also good, just one stop from Central World BTS station and two stop from Siam Pentagon.

I give them 99 out of 100. The only little pity is that as a Chinese, the TV channels only offer two Mainland Chinese Channels which do not worth to watch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dusty747,

Thank you for your great review and seeing a 99/100 was a great read on a Monday morning! We certainly love to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will work on the missing '1'!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back if you are visiting Thailand again!

With our very best regards