Okura has been in operations for the last 5 months. The hotel is new and has the hallmarks of a great hotel - pool, facilities, rooms, restaurants and service. You can see the "Japanese" attention to details in the hotel and I really enjoyed it. Best is the convenience to the BTS which is a link way through another office building. There is a Dean & Deluca in that building serving great coffee throughout the day. As wonderful as the hotel and I would definitely go back again, there were some incidents that mar my stay over a weekend.
1. Taxi drivers do not seem to know the location of the hotel. On my way to the hotel from airport, the driver had to stop by the expressway to review the location. When we arrive within the vicinity of the hotel, there was no obvious sign to direct taxis. It was quite exasperating at times and it did not happen once.
2. When you have your breakfast, do not order the crepe. It reads delicious in the menu but the dish turned out to be a real disappointment.
3. I have to keep reminding myself that this is not a boutique hotel. While this is not the fault of the hotel, some of the patrons of the hotel were loud, and not very considerate.
Overall, my experience was delectable and delightful. I loved it because of the location and easy access to BTS while still promising a very comfortable stay. Definitely, you should try it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Okura Prestige Bangkok combines Japan’s rich service culture and attention to detail with Thailand’s world-famous standards of hospitality. This new luxury hotel, with 240 rooms and suites, is located in the award-winning Park Ventures Ecoplex building at the heart of the city’s Central Business District. The hotel offers direct access to the city’s BTS skytrain network at Phloen Chit station and sits close to major shopping malls, embassies and commercial districts. Every room and suite offers impressive views across the dynamic Bangkok skyline through triple-glazed tinted panoramic windows that insulate against both heat and noise. The rooms combine comfort and luxury with the very latest technological developments designed to impress business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Splitty, Travelocity, Orange Marketing Services, Japan Co., Ltd., Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Okura Prestige Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.