Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$94
Priceline$94
Hotels.com$94
Travelocity$94
eDreams$94
getaroom.com$131
3,796 results
All reviews infinity pool japanese breakfast japanese touch central embassy dean deluca japanese toilet the club lounge bts station international buffet corner room turn down service excellent hotel convenient location perfect stay shopping mall floor gym
Selected filters
Reviewed September 28, 2012

One of the best hotel in bangkok! Spent a week in the hotel where housekeeping was very good. Selection of complimentary coffee & tea was great in the room. It was also very considerate of the hotel to have bath salt prepared daily in the room if i wish to relax after a heavy day.

As this is the only Japanese hotel in heart of Bangkok, we were greeted with a choice of "Japanese breakfast" or buffet breakfast every morning which was really fun to kick start the day. At Yamazato restaurant, all food were authentically prepared by chef from Tokyo where the quality of food is assured. Besides the food, I really love the modern yet cosy design of this hotel. Also, after traveling in the hot sunny city of Bangkok, i will always try to take a dip in the infinity pool over looking the buzzing city skyline that is open till late everyday (9pm).

BTS station is just right at the doorstep of the hotel which is convenient access to most places. At least carrying the weight after a crazy shopping trip is not a problem at all with the strategic location of this hotel.

I will definitely stay in this hotel again if i'm visiting at Bangkok!

1  Thank gcmeng
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just stayed 3 nights at the Okura for leisure trip. Chose it because it is new and 'first?' Japanese hotel in Bangkok and it seems very attractive. Decor is lovely and modern. The first impression when I got off the taxi was excellent as the bellboys were very helpful. Check-in was quick and the gentleman who checked me in showed me to my room and introduced me to all the features in the room. I was very impressed with this service. The luggages were also brought up just after I was introduced to my room.

There is a Japanese toilet which is something very different in Bangkok. It is separate from the bath/shower room. However, the sink inside the toilet was so small and being a small build person I even find it hard to clean my hands properly with soap without spilling water outside the sink.

I had difficulty to work with the safe, should have let the gentleman who showed me the room to keep on showing me how to use the safe. He did ask.

There is no mirror in front of the sink as it is a moving screen door so that you can actually see the outside from your bathroom. But that makes it slightly difficulty with putting makeup on.

The bed and pillows were too soft to my liking. I was amazed that my room wasn't made up by 5pm on the second day I spent there and I had to ask them to make up the room before 4pm so that I could go back to my room and change before going out for dinner again. But then they missed some of the bottled water.

The breakfast buffet had a choice of Asian and western food. Not a lot of choices compared to other bangkok hotels I heard. To be honest, I have not been there for so long and only stayed at the Regent (now Four Seasons) once. But you can order your own egg dish to your liking which is a plus. The first day the milk was warmed for the tea and I was flattered. But that wasn't done on the third morning. I tried the Japanese set breakfast on my second day. It was a very nice breakfast, only thing is slightly small portion and may not be sufficient for a big build person. And since I am a die hard English tea drinker in the morning and feel something is missing without that offered.

We had complimentary afternoon teaset at the lounge and it was lovely. Except that they first thought there was no table for me and showed me to another table at the Up & Above Restaurant. The table was not cleaned with some water marks on the table. This I wasn't too amused.

The gym was nice with views looking out over the pool to surrounding areas. I find it making the pool a very non-private place with people from the gym looking over you as you swim. That kind of turned me off as one of the things that attracted me to this hotel was the infinity pool.

Wifi was free and of reasonable speed.

Overall, service was great and all were helpful and friendly. The concierge quickly made a reservation for dinner for me in half an hour when I asked them to. Everybody treats you like you would be in Japan, bowing with a big smile on their face. The location is very good as there is direct access to Phloenchit station. You can go to a lot of shopping malls without getting wet. But there are not too many things close to the hotel as yet. The bellboy called a taxi for me when I left and were very helpful as well. I would recommend this hotel for business trip but not so much for leisure holidays.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank travelover01
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Spent the weekend at the Okura Prestige in Bangkok. It is still in "soft opening" so some problems are being worked out. The staff is still a little inexperienced. However, the building is great. It includes a Dean & Deluca, Boots Parmacy, convenience store and magazine shop. The hotel lobby is on the 24th floor, decoration is a little like being inside a corragated carton, but it is very elegant. The rooms are well designed, except that there is no mirror over the sink. Features include a separate Japanese-style toilet, terrific bathtub with bubbling salts, huge rain shower, clever mini-bar set up, workable desk and comfortable chaise lounge. The infinity-edge swimming pool on the 25th floor is amazing. Had one of the best Thai massages of my life at the spa. Thank you, Fern! Breakfast buffet has everything any good hotel offers, however, be sure to confirm the time when it closes because they do not delay and you may miss having seconds and thirds. The other restaurants are okay; the Japanese one is quite expensive. The business center is pretty weak. This hotel is a great value for Bangkok.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan K
Reviewed September 19, 2012

i was on a long stay in bangkok for work.
and i must say, the okura prestige is one of a place.

the interior was of a inspiring environment. i've been to many modern design hotel. most would either feel too cold or carried over with their theme but this place does have a balance.

the staffs are always on the dot for any demands, they tried to accommodate any request that we might have.

and i have to say, for a frequent traveler to bangkok they have one of the authentic thai cuisine around. no toning down for the foreigners. the breakfast buffet was just nice and not overwhelming. it was laid out in a clean and simple, selection of food was healthy. a must try is the japanese breakfast set.

i like the little things they offer to the guest in the room. subtle as well. well though out layout in the rooms. the selection of product from teas to hair dryers were of the best.

the infinity pool does definitely offers a great view of bangkok.

thumbs up for this hotel!
i would definately go back again!

thanks for the hospitality.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank gerrychin
Reviewed September 15, 2012

A wonderfully appointed most stunning hotel - in all ways. From arrived to departure, I experienced the best truly wonderful warm and friendly Thai hospitality - with a Japanese influence of course. (Okura is Japanese). Such beautifully appointed guest rooms with the latest high tech features throughout the entire property, an amazing modern fitness facilities and a breathtaking cantalier infinity edge swimming pool which overlooks Bangkok city - right on the 25th level. The restaurants and bars are of supreme quality and impeccable service. Okura Prestige is located all in a great business district and just a short tuk-tuk, sky train or taxi ride away from the popular central shopping and tourist districts like MBK and Patpong night markets.

Room tip: The Deluxe room category is superbly configured and this is the room type I stayed in. The views of Bangkok are simply amazing.
Date of stay: August 2012