“Perfect little mid-range hotel”

Prom Ratchada Residence & Spa
Ranked #342 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in early September, and on our next trip to Bangkok we'll absolutely be staying there again....

The price is excellent for the quality of the hotel - rooms are not super-flash, but everything is new, well-functioning, and clean (and quite quiet, even though we had a street-facing room).

The king-size bed was super comfortable.... swimming pool perfect... service absolutely fine. The spa is pretty reasonably priced, and excellent quality too.

Basically this hotel is about 3 or 4 minutes walk through a small shopping centre (which includes a supermarket) to 'Thailand Cultural Centre' subway station. From there about 3 stops to the glitzy centre (Silom / Sukhumvit etc) and the monorail / BTS. Absolutely the short commute is worthwhile to avoid staying right in the middle of the noise, crowds, and bloody enormous mall buildings everywhere in the Sukhumvit / Silom district.

The night market near the hotel is also pretty good for clothes shopping... cheaper than Chutuchak (and much cheaper than the malls). Chutuchak is actually not far away - a few subway stops from the station, drops you right in the middle of the market.

If anything needs improvement it would be the breakfast...but I'm really being picky, it was absolutely fine.

Tim and Mel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim H

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am not sure how many times I / we have stayed a the Prom Ratchada. I initially stayed there because of its close proximity to Bangkok International Dental Clinic(BIDC) I live in Thailand and travel to Bangkok for various reasons about once a month. I think we have stayed at this hotel 6 or 7 times now. After my first visit, on our next trip to Bangkok my family also came. we took two rooms. Our kids really enjoyed the pool.and we all enjoyed the comfortable rooms. The beds are great, Air conditioning quiet. and the rooms spacious and well laid out. This is not your usual tourist area, however it is very easy to travel to the main tourist attractions. The underground train is an easy 5 minute walk. The staff are extremely helpful and speak fluent English. There are two free internet terminals in the lobby, as well as free wifi in your room.
Another plus for the hotel is the exceptionally reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank rucus11
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I chose this hotel because of all the positive reviews. I wasn't disappointed. Booked direct and took advantage of their free upgrade from a basic room to a superior for the same price. It was very comfortable. The view from the 6th floor could have been better as I directly faced the Big C building. (not exactly an architectural icon. But it was pointed out that that was the quiet side of the building. The staff were excellent. Happy to do free print outs off my memory stick as long as I didn't wear out the welcome. They also put me onto good places to shop. The pool looked great although I wasn't up to swimming. My only gripe was that the shower was never hot. Warm at best. Good pressure but lacking heat. I’d definitely stay there again.. . .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank doug m
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a pretty new hotel - it opened sometime in the last 6 months, so the furnishings are all new. There is plenty of hot water and the rooms feel very comfortable.
The front desk staff is young and English-speaking, which makes things a lot easier for travelers.
Also, the location is convenient for access to the subway and for the night market and local shopping.

A great find.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 502Dave
Reviewed September 3, 2012

never ever stay in this hotel anymore!!! Poor service, dishonest staff.

I stayed in this hotel several times before for my business trip. Yesterday I found that I lost some money which I kept in a locked up drawer. I reported to the Front Desk Manager immediately. Unfortunately (and to my surprise), he queried that it was all my mistake and did not appear to have the intention to help. I was so angry and disappointed with the service team and the Front Desk Manager. Undoubtedly, it was a horrible experience and I had a feeling that the Manager had known about hotel theft. If you want to stay at this hotel, please take my advice seriously and re-consider. Try not to deal with this hotel or stay there if at all possible.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
16  Thank Monmon L
Bognkorn P, Owner at Prom Ratchada Residence & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Chan,

Greeting from Prom Ratchada Residence and Spa!

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Apapat and I am the Hotel Manager of Prom Ratchada residence.

I am truly sorry to hear that you have a bad experience in staying at our place.
Our management is aware of this incidence and we definitely do not
ignore the problem as customer satisfaction is our primary business
objective.

I was informed by the front office manager who was on duty on the night of 2nd September
that you came to inform that 1,000 Baht was missing from the drawer
in your room which you had already locked the drawer and kept the key
with you while you were out of the hotel.

At that time, our front office manager took her action by replaying CCTV during your stay and found no one entering your room except our housekeepers. So our front office manager informed our house keeping manager to examine the case. All of them insisted that they never took it as housekeepers do not have drawer keys.

After the examining process, our team informed you the result. At that time, you seem to be O.K. and did not request for further action.

We truly apologize that we could not relieve your concern and make you satisfy with our problem solving process. However, our staffs do take this problem seriously and they tried their best to solve this problem for you.

After receiving your e-mail , I have examined this case by myself and found the same answer.
To prevent this problem in the future, I already gave all staffs a warning that the highest punishment will be implemented if such case happens again in the future.

I truly hope that you can accept our apology and that you will consider our residence as your choice of stay for your next trip in Bangkok.

If there is anything at all that I can do for you to make you feel better, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Apapat Siripat

Owner

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just back from a wonderful vacation in Bangkok. We had a great stay in Prom Ratchada hotel. This hotel is well located near to the MRT Thailand Cultural Centre, big malls such as Esplanade, Big C and Robinson. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, with mostly Japanese restaurants. It's worth to try the buffet at Sukishi restaurant located at 2nd floor in Big C. A wide variety of food with only about THB 315 per pax. We booked the standard room through Agoda.com, and got a free upgrade to superior room. The room which we stayed was very clean and spacious, with free Wi-Fi and all the basic amenities.

I must comment that the service at this hotel was superb. Most of the staff in this hotel could speak English and were very polite, helpful and friendly. Keep it up!

The only downside was that the hotel was not using keycard system for each room. So, someone has to lock the door manually and 'slam' it in order to close the door when out. It was kind of disturbance to us especially late at night.

All in all, this is a lovely, fantastic hotel with reasonable price. I would definitely come back again for my next visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kelly_Nichi
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in June 2012. Location is good, close to MRT stations and taxi to skytrain is cheap.

Rooms were spacious and clean.

Taxi driver didn't know how to get to but it's just behind the Big C. We struggled to find any nice restaurants near the hotel, the 2 recommended by hotel staff were awful. Much better going further afield for food.

Would stay again - excellent for what we paid (THB1600 per night).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple