“Great space, great view, but just regular food”

Baiyoke Sky Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #473 of 11,388 Restaurants in Bangkok
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

When you're more than 300m in the air, sitting in Bangkok's highest structure (and apparently South-East Asia's tallest hotel), you're expectations go up.

The space itself does not disappoint; the lobby just before the restaurant works up an appetite and sets the tone with an interesting decoration and culture related mini-exhibitions. The view from the revolving platform gives you a 360º glimpse of the city which is also memorable.

However, despite these great attractions, once you sit down, it's just like any other buffet restaurant. There is a good variety of food, but for the price paid, I was expecting a little bit more finesse. A greater variety of fish dishes would have been nice, and the same could be said for meat dishes. Traditional thai dishes were made on the spot, as was a delicious crêpe.

Nonetheless, having to rate this as a restaurant, I was definitely expecting a little bit more, although the food was tasty.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I don't know why there are so many negative reviews on here! Our experience was great, I would definitely recommend it. We went to the Chinese buffet area on the 79th floor and our Thai relatives made the reservation. There were tourists there but it wasn't crowded. They had live music playing during our dinner which was wonderful; the musicians kept smiling at me because I think they knew I liked their playing! The Peking duck was fantastic, as were the river prawns (huge!!!), crabs, and other seafood. The sweet and sour fish dish was my favorite, next to the Peking duck. They also had many little desserts to choose from, fruit, and a soft serve ice cream machine. Can't beat the view!

1  Thank mapleaflove
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Me and my partner went for dinner and we got there 30mins before food was to be served and the food was already out on tables so don't know how long it was sitting for before we got there. We decided to have a drink before dinner alcohol was more than double the price here than every other restaurant we have been to in Bangkok not a good start.They told us the food was ready to go so we started and loaded up our plates we sat down and started and everything was DEAD COLD so we told the staff and he played dumb and pretended he couldn't speak english and understand the words cold food so we gave it another go and got sumthing different and out of those two plate fulls and bowl of soup we got 1 piece of pizza that was eatable warm and my partner had good soup. After that we have had enough and went to pay and they tryed to charge full price after 5min argument ,we ended up paying for our over priced drinks which were cold so they got that right atleast and left NEVER TO RETURN

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had food here the food was so much choice and quality food with amazing view of bangkok.A perfect dinner.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Great view from the restaurant however we have no chance and don't really have mood on it as toooooo crowded from beginning to the end. Terrible services as the waitress will clean up all your dishes include fork and spoon when you are just walked away for food and dessert. They even asked if they can clear the dishes when there was almost half remain on the plate. Seriously not a friendly restaurant especially to family travel with young kids