“Good service with afforable pricing”

Health Land Spa & Massage (Asoke)
Ranked #68 of 555 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Massage is great and the room is very clean!
We will definitely visited there everytime when we are in Bangkok.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)
All reviews
"quality"
in 47 reviews
"pattaya"

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Called to book, didn't want to trot 8 friends there and end up some not being massaged. As mentioned above, the receptionist was not helpful, didn't bother to assist and was curt on the line. Nevertheless, ended up there a day later. Nice building, clean and fair pricing. But what a "cattle station" it was at the reception. The staff at the reception were "politely arrogant" and the massage was just ordinary, perhaps too tired from the constant flow of customers. Anyway, tried to book for another set of 9 friends for a after dinner massage, and I got the "....try your luck later" treatment.

The other smaller massage shops may not have the ambience of a spa but they do a good job and appreciate your visit. This place is just too commercialised and arrogant as their business is too good...

1  Thank maximus2288
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I feel that Health Land is dishonest and unprofessional, but tell me if I am wrong. I booked a 2 hour aromatherapy massage. This costs 1200 bahts. They told me to come at 12 noon. I arrived at 11:59am. It took them a while to find my booking and by the time they billed me, it was 12:07pm (see photo). I was then asked to take a seat whilst the therapist is called. She arrived about 10 minutes later, at which point they called my name on the loudspeaker. She told me to follow her to the back of the reception area whee she took my shoes and gave me a pair of in-house slippers to put on. We waited for the lift that brought us up to one of the many floors, stopping once for another customer to get off. When we arrived at my massage room, I asked to use the toilet and was directed to the toilets at the left of the far end of the corridor. When I got back to the room, the therapist asked me to take a shower before the massage. After the shower, I finally lay on the bed. Around 30 minutes had passed since payment of the bill to now. It was around 12:30pm. I would have thought that my 2 hour massage starts starts now, but I was wrong. The massage finished at 2pm. When I checked with the therapist, she insisted that we started at 12:05pm! She said she finished 5 mins earlier to give me time to get dressed!!! This was the time on the clock in the room when I had finished getting dressed (see picture). I decided to take the matter to the reception. There, they admitted that there was something wrong with the timing, but that they would not refund me the balance. They asked me to come back again and they would give me 15 minutes extra to compensate. They also said that the clock starts to tick from the time I arrive - therefore the compensation of 15 mins and not 30 mins if I come back for another treatment! Not their fault if they were late to find me booking, late to bill me, made me wait for the therapist to arrive, etc. I said that I was leaving the next day and could not come back. Even if I came back, I would want a different therapist as this one had not impressed me. They said that both was not possible. I don't know if this is how massage places operate in Bangkok, especially big, popular ones, but I am quite disappointed with how unprofessional they are, very surprising given how big and well-known they are with many branches across the city.

5  Thank S883
Reviewed January 4, 2013

First went to Health Land two years ago (different location), this time had 3 massages during the last week of December. Would not recommend Foot Reflexology, even though it is fairly reasonably priced at 280 Baht per hour. They don't actually work on your foot very hard, it is more of a leg massage, plus a little bit of arms and shoulders. We found Traditional Thai Massage at 450 Baht for 2 hours still the best deal. The masseuses were competent, and they had a feeling for the needs of your body. Also tried the Abhyanga-Shirodara-Package, which was really excellent, but at 2600 Baht for 2.5 hrs is not the best value for money Bangkok has to offer. Paid 2600 in advance, made an appointment, went there the next day only to find out that they could not do it and had to reschedule. Two days later it finally worked. Also went there on 12/31 for a Thai Massage, when they sent us right home, because they would only accept customers with a valid appointment. Conclusion: the quality is good, but you need patience.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was interested in a Traditional Thai Massage. Many Thais go to Health Land. Where the locals go is where you are probably going to get the most authentic and reasonably priced massage.

But first you have to like a Thai Massage. I enjoy a hard massage. This is by far the hardest whole body massage I have ever experienced. But it was different and I enjoyed it. You can choose from a a variety of massages. I chose the 2 hour Traditional Thai Massage for 450 bhat. I felt fine afterward. It was like going to the gym and working out. But some people will want a softer massage. To each his own.