“An institution, no doubt, but a little run down...”
Review of DJ Station

DJ Station
Ranked #16 of 162 Nightlife in Bangkok
Reviewed July 15, 2013

DJ station will always be my favourite. Great music, great price, great scene, you will even love (well, sometimes, not all the time) the "overcrowdedness" of the place, and its popularity. But same old interior (for many many years back) which is a little run down for me.

1  Thank LeopoldBloom01
"baht"
in 7 reviews
"asia"

Reviewed May 17, 2013

DJ Station is an institution in itself and has deservedly gained a favourable reputation amongst the gay community in Bangkok and beyond. I have been going for years and always thoroughly enjoy the tangible electric atmosphere and buzz of the place. At 11.30 pm the night's proceedings open with a drag show which, unlike other 'caberet' shows in Thailand, is highly amusing, original and daring. The big ladyboy has a name all to herself! After midnight the show ends and the dancing begins. The place throngs with cute gay Thai guys parading around with their tops off! There is a noticeable farang contingent but don't worry because they are still outnumbered by Thai guys!
On the downside, however, there has recently been an influx of freelance money boys touting for trade. Also the condition of the building is beginning to look quite old and shabby. I feel that it is time for a refurbishment and then a relaunch before the place loses that unique magic

2  Thank JamesKateley
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The club is located inside an alleyway in silom2, just down the road from The Patpong markets. We arrived at 10.30pm and had our passports checked twice which was slightly off putting. However, the rest of the night was seriously fun. Entry on Saturday night was 300baht and drinks inside were only 150baht. It has 3 levels with a stage and a large dance floor. By 11.30pm it was packed and the drag show began. After a fun 20min show, the dancing began. It was dance beats mixed in with pop songs and strong female vocals.

Although it was very packed, everyone was very friendly and not pushy at all. The bathrooms are up on the top floor and every floor has a bar. There is also no smoking inside! The bartenders were also very friendly and served us very quickly. By the time we left at around 3am the stage was full of dancers and many sweaty men with shirts off. The outside courtyard was also full. We had an amazing night! Would recommend this place for those who love to dance.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

First day of Songkran 2013, a foreign friend took me to DJ station since I have never been there before. The security stopped me for not bring any ID card or passport. I thought that was fair enough though they let my caucasian friend in without any trouble. Second day I brought a copy of my passport and went there with my 2 foreign friends and they still refused me to get in. I could clearly see how awkward the situation was. It's Silom, it's Songkran, who would bring a real passport during that time, seriously?

I'm a Vietnamese, is this some kind of national discrimination or something?

1  Thank Simon H
See more reviews
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

This was a great fun dance bar. The street "Soi 2" where dj station is on is filled with other little gay bars where people are drinking and dancing.

The entry was 300thb the night we went and included two free drinks. It was extremely packed (on a Monday night) however this was probably because it was Songkran (Thai New Years). There was also a big gay dance party called Songkran organised by Gcircuit that weekend so there were probably more people there than usual.

The music at all the bars in Soi2 around DJ station was generally handbag house. Basically what you would find at most gay bars around the world.

A great night out with a group of friends with cheap drinks. 150thb for a vodka, lime soda.

The crowd moves on to "GOD" another gay club a short walk down silom rd later in the night. GOD is a hard house/trance club.