“home food away from home!!!!”

Sri Ganesh Restaurant
Ranked #305 of 10,686 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
chennai
“home food away from home!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

xcellent all the way.superb food and the owner mr sentil was a wonderful host.if u r a fan of good south indian fare and r in bangkok then sri ganesh is a must.hats off to mr sentil his family and the friendly staff.

• Visited May 2013

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Very Good Tamil Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Visited Ganesh on recommendation during our visit to Bangkok. Senthil, the owner was very helpful and hospitality at the place was amazing. Although the place is small, the quality of food was awesome and the best part was Senthil & his team have maintained the original taste. We tasted Idlis, Sambar Vada , Pongal with Vetha Kozhumbu and Dosas. Every item was delicious and authenticity was maintained. This place served the south Indian fare better than most of the restaurants in India too. No second thoughts when you miss South Indian food in Bangkok.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank SubhaMahesh
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“My Favourite South Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I love this homely little vegetarian South Indian restaurant. I've eaten in other South Indian restaurants in Bangkok, but I always return to this friendly little place because the service is so good and most importantly of all, the food is so delicious and wholesome. Unlike other restaurants, the food isn't oily, which is something I don't like as I'm very conscious of my health. I'm British and we love our Indian food and in the 10 years I've lived in Bangkok I've always visited this restaurant at least once a week. My favourite choice is their set thali, which is so authentic in taste and the way it is served that it reminds me of the trips I've made in the past to Southern India. If you are looking for a quick snack or something more substantial, then visit this little restaurant and make sure you cool off from the Bangkok heat with one of their delicious lassis. This restaurant is highly recommended to all lovers of good food!

• Visited March 2013
“Far better nearby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews we decided to venture down to this restaurant. I must say I wasn't impressed. The people were nice, but atmosphere was bland, eating ware was all metal like from a lunchroom canteen. The prices were relatively low, but the selection of food is small and there are only one or two main ingredients in a dish. The dishes were pretty boring tasting and instead of the standard sauces that you can choose from to flavor your food all it came with was ketsup. We aren't thai, we don't destroy the flavor of a dish with cheap, processed tomato sauce. We make better indian food at home from easy-make kits.

Calcutta, West Bengal, India
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Excellent food quality, loved the idlis! Must visit place for authentic South Indian food! Went with my friends looking for some proper vegetarian food, definitely worth it.

• Visited February 2013