“The Best”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Simply the Best , Simple home type of south Indian food .Infact it is in the home of Mr Senthil who lives upstairs with his family. The food is prepared extremely hygienecly .What taste !!!! Yummy!! It is the best idlis and Rava Dosai I have eaten in my life .The love and passion that goes into his cooking is there for you to taste in every bite.When we ordered the Vadai's we asked him how long ago was it fried? Pat came the reply that they fry it only when ordered. I have been to millions of South Indian joints in my life and NOWHERE is it fried when ordered.It is generally fried and kept to be served .The result the vadais are cold and a damp squib,But Ganesh's Vadai's were crisp moist and heavenly. Most of the ingredients are imported to get the authentic flavours of Tamil cuisine . Simply worth flying to Bangkok to eat here .Keep up the good work

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have visited Bangkok each year since 2007, and each year one of my most important destinations in Bangkok is Sri Ganesha restaurant. I feel it is really the best South Indian restaurant in the city. All the food is prepared with great love and concern. All the customers to Sri Ganesha are treated like family. I highly recommend Sri Ganesha to anyone visiting Bangkok who loves Indian food.

Saral Opera, NY City

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Been here for more than 3 times. Its a simple Tamil place, serving dominantly South Indian cuisine. Quantity is very less (as per Bangkok standards also), but this place kind of has monopoly in this area. It is also a very old place serving good home cooked south Indian food and favourite of many. Ambience is also home like with a TV running Tamil channels. Generally Thali is what should be enough, but for this place need to order further dishes to calm down hunger :-) The price is reasonable for given the location and food. Must go if looking for South Indian in Sukhumvit area. On Soi 20/1, walk-able between Asoke and Phrom Phong BTS stations.

2  Thank RiteshShah
Reviewed August 8, 2012

i feel like my mom taste.thanks to senthil sir,very nice restarunt and very nice sevents.walkable distance from our ambassadar hotel.it s not a indian food it s pure tamil veg food

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I am very often dining in this Sri Ganesh Restaurant for the past 5 years and I found the taste & quality is very consistent. The Restaurant is very simple looking but the food is very hygienic and will never harm our health.
They maintain the taste consistently same such that, if you like once, you will like ever. They do not add too much oil or cream to increase the taste. And I feel no MSG is also present.

The food cost is neither cheap nor expensive , someone may feel that it is too expensive for that location & ambience. But mind that we are paying for its quality and our health not for the ambience & decoration.
...... Shah

Been to Sri Ganesh Restaurant? Share your experiences!