“Simply Excellent”

La Tavola & Wine Bar
Ranked #775 of 10,675 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A modern upscale Italian restaurant and wine bar. The Dolce Vita "sweet life" associate to the Italian way of eating and sharing is the passion of our chef, offering signature authentic dishes suited to the local palette. The restaurant features 6 kinds of flavored olive oils, 11 different home made pastas.
Seattle
“Simply Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I simply loved La Tavola. The surf and turf was excellent, with very fresh lobster. On a second visit we had pasta and pizza, and both were fantastic. Don't miss the chocolate fondant for dessert.

Good attentive service and some reasonably priced wines as well. Overall a great place to dine in Bangkok and the next time I am in town La Tavola will be at the top of my list for dinning.

Visited December 2013
MarkvanderWielen, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage at La Tavola & Wine Bar, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear rtlmsff,

Thank you very much for your great compliments on our food. We're so delighted to know that you and your wife were both happy and would like to return to our restaurant again.

We will look forward to taking care of you again.

Meanwhile, happy new year and wish both of you have a great year to come.

Best regards,

Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
kittaneth.t@renaissancehotels.com

• Thai first
Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Italian in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Normally when I am in Thailand I only ever eat Thai food but for once we thought we would give La Tavola a try for something different and we were very happy we did!

Visited October 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Pretty good food... Great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Had a business dinner with large group and Buffett was pretty good, with reasonable variety of offerings with very good service from the staff! Overall a pleasant evening...

• Visited November 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Italian Dinning !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very beautiful restaurant!
I enjoyed watching the chefs working in front of me!
They are all well trained by the Italian Master chef Fabio.
Very nice food presentation!

They changed manual regularly plus some Promotional Items.
Italian restaurant in a 5* hotel are always expensive but LA Tavola has items in wide price range.
I just had 5* Linguini Olio with big prawn at a very reasonable price. I am surprised by the price when I first looked at the dish on my table.

5* Waiter, Waitress, and restaurant managers "O" and " Beer".
They paid attention to minute details in every areas.
They treat every guest the same, regardless of race or country of origin.
They are patient to show us the items in the manual.

I do not have to go to Italy to task genuine Italian food.

Finally, the credit need to go to the management. La Tavola is an excellent restaurant managed by Renaissance. This is one hotel that done well in all areas : Staffing, Training and Managing.
Not just for La Tavola, but in all areas in the hotels. Renaissance might be the best ever hotel I ever stayed. The People in Renaissance makes the difference.

• Visited October 2013
bahrs scrub
“Excellent Food, Service and Entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I enjoyed eating at this restaurant. They cooked my meal to perfection. The service is excellent.
The decor is elegant. I really enjoyed "Opera Night" they had there one night - like a "theatre"
restaurant. I believe they have a "themed" night once a week - great idea - something special!

• Visited August 2013