“first stop in bangkok”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed May 20, 2014

After arriving in Sukhumvit, I asked a friend of mine who lives in the neighborhood where I could go for some quick pizza. Immediately, he told me of an Italian place that was small but had sit down seating near the Asok BTS station. My hotel (the Sofitel) was just a few blocks away so I went exploring knowing only an approximate location and that the restaurant was on the same side of the road as the Sofitel.

Pala was then easy enough to find as my friend described. Instantly I liked the place. The set up was basic but there were many patrons inside. The server was quick to take our drink order. There is a deli inside as well too, but since the hour was late (around 1030pm) it wasn't in use. Due to the late hour (?) or popularity in general (?), it was hard to find pizza slices that were still available. I ordered three. Otherwise pizza comes in 1/2 metre and full metre pies. In the end I settled on a brie cheese slice with ham I believe. Even if it wasn't my top choice on the menu, the pizza was excellent. With an empty stomach, believe me I couldn't quite finish the three slices. So don't underestimate.

I really liked the simple atmosphere. The substance is in the food. After all there is nothing quite like a Singha and some really good pizza before going out to hit the late night bars in Bangkok. The location is very easy to reach for anyone using the BTS, MRT, or simply staying in Sukhumvit. I really liked Limoncello on Soi 11, but it's always nice to have multiple Italian options available in this heavily trafficked area of the city.

Enjoy!

1  Thank RegionalRoadie
There are newer reviews for Pala Pizza Romana

Reviewed May 11, 2014

The pizza here is authentic Romana. When we went, it was not open for lunch so decided to take away a few slices of pizza. The ingredients are fresh and finally a place in Bangkok for the little taste of Italy.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We went for a couple of Pizzas,the place was packed ,only few seats,Pizza was awesome , the service was ok , we just wish we were not squeezed like sardines.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Without question, this is true Italian pizza; full of flavor that explodes in your mouth. Take it from a true Italian; I know good pizza when I taste it. This food could have been prepared from my Italian relatives in Northern Italy, it's that good. The restaurant itself is very discreet and non-impressive looking. It is more like a commuter fast food stand tucked in between 2 different transit lines. But when you go in and sit down, you don't want to rush. This place is amazing !! I encourage anyone to try the pizza as takeaway or as a sit down meal in the restaurant. I haven't even bothered trying other non-pizza items on the menu yet. I can't seem to drag myself away from the pizza. Bravo to Pala Pizza Romana !!

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This can be a very busy place but that's part of the fun. Or go early or late and miss the crowd. The pizza is solid. If you want crispy crackly pizza, then this place is not for you. The crust is thicker and more "bready", delicious.

The rocket salad is one if my favorites and I order a large since it is soooo tasty.

Gluten free pasta. GET IT HERE, yummy!