“A truly homely and lovely experience in crazy Bangkok”

Loog Choob Homestay
Ranked #4 of 643 Bangkok B&B and Inns
“A truly homely and lovely experience in crazy Bangkok”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I booked this guest house after reading the many fabulous reviews on Trip Advisor and it completely exceeded my expectations.
The family that run this wonderful little guest house really go above and beyond to make their guests stay one to remember, they are warm, helpful and vibrant people.
The décor, cleanliness and quality of the interior and exterior is fabulous. This is a real hidden gem in a quieter local neighbourhood of Bangkok, but very close to many great temples and bustling markets.
I will definitely stay here again and be sure to tell all my friends and family to do the same.
Thank you Loog Choob, you have set a very high standard for the rest of my trip in Thailand and I am very grateful.
Holly from Sydney, Australia :)

Room Tip: The suites are worth the extra $$$ and are truly exceptional, even as a solo traveller.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SydneyGal83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
AZ
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed at Loog Choob for a week in November 2013...it was an absolutely fabulous experience! Not only was the homestay welcoming, it was also quite unique. The architectural design was beautiful...a tranquil and peaceul setting in Bangkok. The family who owns and manages the property are so very kind and helpful...instantly made you feel at home and were very attentive to all our travel needs and requests for help on planning our daily itinerary. Meeting the Loog Choob family and staying in their homestay was a delightful experience and a highlight of our Southeastern Asian trip. Thank you so much for the wonderful memories!

Room Tip: Stayed in Junior Suite - spacious, well appointed, staff and amenities were beyond expectations!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

2 Thank djj55
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I spent a New Year Eve at Loog Choob last year. It may not be the biggest or fanciest hotel you can find in Bangkok. But the experience you got was really worth the money you paid. Actually the price is quite lower compared to other boutique hotels in central Bangkok. On the rooftop on ney year eve night, I could see fireworks from all over the city. Although it was not that huge and impressive, I kinda like the calm ad quite atmosphere of the place. I could see fireworks from afar. That's good in a way. Another impressive ting is that they have an elevator. The owner also gave us a map of recommended restaurants when we leave. I can say that it was truly a best hotel I ever visited in my life. If i have a friend coming to town in the future, I'll definitely recommend the place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chutchutchut
Seoul
Reviewed December 5, 2013

When I first entered Loog Choob Homestay, I walked out again and checked the name. It is incredibly creative and fancy architecture. I don't call it homestay. I may say it is boutique hotel. It was once a shady typical building and this family bought the house and his smart brother designed and renovated it into this amazing shape.

You may pay a bit more to stay at Loog Choob Homestay compared to other guest houses or homestays, but I believe it is worth it until the last cent you may pay because this place is simply awesome due to awesome people as well as the awesome architecture. They helped me a lot for my itinerary even at night and again in the following morning. And with a smile away.

What could I say more about this Loog Choob where both people and the place are perfectly nice? Thank you Loog Choob for everything! It was amazing! =)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank kukjineee
California
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Loob choob. Highly recommend them!! the family is so wonderful. the house is simply amazing. our room was lovely. Whne I return to Bangkok I will for sure stay there again. When we first got there we wanted to run off to the big weekend market and yong gave us a ride to the mrt and showed us how to get back. Felt like one of the family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Ckeil
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights recently and I came away enamored with everything but the location. The family who run the place are very friendly, speak great English, didn't mind staying up late for our arrival, and had lots of helpful suggestions about food and other points of interest in the area (ask about the duck noodle stall in the market!). They also helped us navigate the terrible traffic and closed streets that accompanied the protests happening while we were there.

The house/hotel itself is very tastefully decorated in a modern, minimalist style. Comfortable bed, plenty of space, modern bathroom, some breakfast items in the common room every morning. The one downside to our stay was the location. First, and this is admittedly a temporary problem, is that the house is very close to Government House, where the protests were happening, and we had to deal with a) bad traffic, and b) the uncertainty of walking past protesters and police in riot gear. This was while the protests were still peaceful, too -- not sure what the situation is now. Second, a more permanent problem: the location is in a no-man's land between the tourist quarter by the water (Khao San, Grand Palace, and surroundings) and the fancy high-rises of the Sukumvhit and Lumphini Park areas. Maybe this is good, if you consider that you're halfway between the two and you want to see both, but if you're going to spend most of your time in one of these areas the home's location is not terribly convenient.

In the scheme of things this was a minor issue, and we had a wonderful time at Loog Choob. Welcoming, helpful, clean, and great value -- I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone visiting Bangkok, as long as they're ok hailing taxis.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank G H
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have stayed here for 5 days and had great chats with Loog Choob's family members. They are open minded to listen whatever we suggested for their rooms or services. Looking forward to visiting Loog Choob and staying at their nearly come true plan in the near future.

Room Tip: Every single room in Loog Choob has it's own character. Go try every one and then you won't...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple