Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

By the time I came across BB House I was getting a bit worried - my boyfriend and I were only staying in Bangkok for two nights and our only requirements were clean and a private bathroom, but it was proving to be hard to find a place that wasn't gross-looking or booked out.

Well, BB House, found at the end of Soi Rambuttri, had a free room, and I feel we lucked out.

First, the good. Our room on the first floor had a double bed and a private bathroom, and various facilities like a hair dryer and a TV, and for only 580 baht in a popular location. It's close to Khao San but not too close, so you can easily escape back. The shower had a nice range of water temperatures - I think this might have been the first time we had a warm shower in Thailand. The staff were friendly and helpful, though didn't speak perfect English, and the free wifi was fast and reliable.

Now, the minor downsides. The room was very small - we only just had room for our two backpacks. Though, there were decent sized cabinets, so it'd be fine for a longer stay if you could unpack. The bathroom was also small; the size of a toilet cubicle but with a shower and sink as well.

As well, the guesthouse is near a main road and bars. It's not quiet all night. My boyfriend and I don't mind sleeping with background noise but if it's something that bothers you I'd avoid the rooms closer to the street.

The bed and pillows were very hard - seems to be standard in Thailand but in this case much more so than we'd experienced elsewhere. Oddly, our bed seemed to have two single blankets rather than one double blanket. So it wasn't the most comfortable night's sleep we've ever had.

For 580 baht though, the guesthouse was great value and we'll probably stop by again on our way back. If you're fine with a bit of noise and don't need a huge room, I can highly recommend BB House as a clean and cosy guesthouse.

Date of stay: January 2013
3  Thank chocmilk03
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stumbled across this place when I was scouring the Khao San area for accommodation. It was such a relief to find this place having looked at literally dozens of other places beforehand - all of which were frankly disgusting and also overpriced. BB House is in a totally different league to the rest of the flea pits in the area and, remarkably, was cheaper than many other places I looked at. I wont deny the rooms are tiny - but they have everything you could need in them, are spotlessly clean, modern and nicely decorated (a very very rare thing in this area). There was excellent wifi connection, TV with some English channels, a hairdrier, cotton buds (the kind of things you dont expect at this price range). I payed something like 580 baht for a double room. I can't recommend this place highly enough. I saw the competition - and it wasn't up to much! Also, the location is excellent - close to Khao San, but just that little bit away so as to get some peace. Also very easy to avoid Khao San altogether by heading out and left and towards Phra Artit pier etc. Also some nice cafes/restaurants in this area too. It's true that reception doesn't speak English at ALL - I didn't generally find this a problem - what do you really need from them?! It could be frustrating if you had something to sort out as they really will just look at you blankly - but the rooms and price more than make up for that small shortcoming.

Room tip: Even as a solo traveller I still went for the double room - not much in the price - worth it for a very small amount of extra space!
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Anokhi10
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were recommended this place by friends we met on our travels. We were originally booked into New World Lodge Hotel which was recommended by STA travel to us
when booking our tickets - this hotel turned out to be overpriced and outdated - we remembered the name BB's and went in search - we were not disappointed. The rooms are small BUT clean, cute and attention to detail with decor - also cheap by Kao San standards. Friendly staff and central location - definitely worth a visit!

Date of stay: April 2012
3  Thank amyplatten20
Reviewed November 4, 2012

this small hotel is clean and cheap,
their location is also good, near restaurant, bar, 7eleven
their rooms very small but they provide a/c, lcd tv, drinking water and so on
all staff is OK. so far so good.

Room tip: top floor better
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank tuyen t
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The rudest and least friendly receptionist who could not speak a word of English. We checked in early in the day and were asked to leave on the same day at 12 after being on the hotel for only 6-7 hours. The receptionist walked away in the middle of a conversation laughing and being completely unhelpful. Stay next door at the happy guest house. The staff are much more competent.

Date of stay: August 2012