“plain food in a beautiful garden”

Issaya Siamese Club
Reserve a Table
Tue, 10/15
8:00 PM
Ranked #224 of 13,972 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chong Nonsi
Description: In a historical 1920 's mansion, with a luxurious garden, Celebrity chef Ian Kittichai make his Thai signature restaurant, featuring the classic dishes from Thailand with his modernist twist. On the second floor of the House a boutique lounge bar in a colonial style is featuring Thai signature cocktails inspired from his cuisine.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place left mixed feelings. On the one hand, the garden where we dined was of rare beauty and the facade of the restaurant in the colonial style is impressive and the food is presented nicely so it is of course a smart place where you expect to pay handsomely and you do (compared to very attractive prices of average Bangkok dining). Unfortunately the food was plain and I might say below the medium level you try in Bangkok restaurants.

Date of visit: September 2019
marketingapvrilprod, Assistant of Owner at Issaya Siamese Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

- Thank you so much for sharing feedback. We are so glad that you had wonderful atmosphere dining at Issaya Siamese Club. Regarding the food taste, we are serving as medium taste as many guests and many different food preferences, but this comment will help us understand some more customers’ point. Thank you very much again for your recommending and looking forward to seeing you soon.

Write a reviewReviews (1,929)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a excellent restaurant. The tasting menu is great if you haven’t eaten hear before. The “least flavorful” thing on that menu is the main course chicken dish. It certainly isn’t bad, just the least flavored item, that said they set it on fire at your table so it is great presentation. The lamb curry is out of this world! Anyway I am writing this review because, even beside the excellent food I want to praise the staff. When I arrived I realized I had left my wallet in the taxi. The staff was so helpful they called the taxi company, my hotel and even the police to help me get it back. They stood on the street while I waited for the cab to comeback. I did get my wallet back, and continued to have an excellent meal.

3  Thank andrewdO1336UG
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A fantastic dining experience in Bangkok.
3 course meal for two with wine came to around £150
Nice array of vegan dishes to choose from.
Highly recommend the aubergine dish and the mango sticky rice dessert.
Perfect for a romantic date- very relaxing.
Service very attentive but not over bearing.
Would definitely go back

1  Thank DAISYGAL168
Reviewed September 4, 2019

We had the degustation menu. The food was presented beautifully and uniquely. The flavours were amazing. The service and friendly staff was also outstanding. A restaurant not to be missed . But book ahead.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank oscar48sydney
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

The Issaya is a fix stop for me when in Bangkok.
Great food, great service, great wine list and perfect service.
The quality and the taste of the food is excellent