“Absolutely pitiful”

Firehouse Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #327 of 10,793 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Our culinary goal is simple: to serve you the best tasting,authentic,comfort food dishes made from only the finest ingredients prepared and perfectly cooked by order especially for you, at the most reasonable prices possible. We offer a full bar of expertly poured cocktails and a wide selection of cold beers and wines, the perfect accompaniments to the tastiest burgers, fish and chips, and home-cooked style comfort foods in Bangkok.
ENGLAND
“Absolutely pitiful”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

If you have the misfortune to visit this dreadful excuse for a restaurant , prepare yourself for awful service , appalling food and bizarrely high prices.
When we visited, each of 4 meals ordered were entirely messed up.
The waitresses were bereft of any idea of how to serve food and their utter lack of interest was perfectly defined by the statement " we'll what do you expect when the manager will only pay for 2 of us"
No management available to discuss the awful service with.
The best advice if you are serious about eating here is to make sure that you
take some Imodium for the after effects of the gut renchingly abysmal food.
Take out life insurance if you are of a weak disposition .
A dreadful experience

2 Thank MIKEANDMARTINE
Roose E, Owner at Firehouse Pub & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Michael, on behalf of my partner Pete and I, and the entire Firehouse Team, we wish to humbly apologize. I know Pete and you have already been in touch by phone. We greatly appreciate your review, identifying the issues you experienced the night you visited us. I know you are a five time repeat customer and we take your comments and criticisms to heart and are now addressing the problems. Eric Roose, Partner/Co-Owner, The Firehouse

• Thai first
Manila, Philippines
“What a Burger!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am from Houston and am used to awesome burgers. Sadly, Asia cannot replicate good burgers, including at the fancier five-star hotels. This was true unto I had lunch today at Firehouse. What an amazing burger! I had a juicy, tasty, truly satisfying mushroom burger. Right up there with Fuddruckers! Their chili was also amazing. Order the cup as the bowl is huge! What a treat!

Dear Ali,

Big thanks for the kind and encouraging words! As a native of Houston, we know you know your burgers. And as a Texan, you surely know your Chili! Being complimented by you on our burgers and Chili Makes us smile. Our goal is to give you authentic burgers and food just like you get back home (that is why we decided to open the Firehouse, being expats based in Asia, longing for authentic comfort food just like you get from back home.).

Coming in May is a burger I think you will really like, especially if you love US style hickory smoke bacon!

Eric Roose, Co-owner, Firehouse
East Cowes, United Kingdom
“Great food & nice cosy atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I go to Firehouse regularly, both to sit in and eat with friends, and to take food away. The food has always been great (I usually have the mini burger and the double chocolate shake which is very yummy). I've had the cocktails too and found them to be good. The staff are lovely, kind and quite well organized (never have got anything wrong with an order up to now). Even when the restaurant's been full and I've decided on a takeaway order they've somehow found me somewhere to sit comfortably while waiting. The atmosphere's cosy and it's somewhere that I feel fine about sitting at as a woman eating alone. No wonder it's always busy!

Darwin, Australia
“Best Themed restaurant I've visited...”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Nicely decorated in a Fireman theme including historical equipment, great for me as I ate alone so it was good to have something to do while waiting on my meal. The themed detail goes into everything down to how your food is served.
The staff checked on me twice during my meal to insure I didn't need anything more. You get what you pay for in my eyes. Many many burger choices with a lot of additional options.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Burger I've found in Bangkok”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've eaten at the Firehouse 5 times and tried 4 burgers, fish & Chips and all were top notch. Burgers were juicy, properly cooked and filled with delicious ingredients. Space is limited so get in early. Even more important if you have a group.