“Great staff, great food”

Maliwan Thai Cooking Class
Book In Advance
More Info
$42.74*
and up
Thai Cooking Class with Local Market Visit
More attraction details
Owner description: At Maliwan Thai Cooking Class, we offer the art of Thai culinary cooking. The workspace is a unique venue that’s well equipped for hands-on Thai cuisine experience. You’ll be delighted with a nice panoramic view, a cozy and relaxed atmosphere. With no more than eight to a group for half a day course, the English-speaking Thai instructure will guide you through the fresh and flavoursome Thai dishes.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

A very nice morning going round the markets to get some of our ingredients with our guide explaning the unusual itrms on the stalls, followed by cooking and eating four items and eating them in air conditioned comfort.Clean freindly and very tasty.

All reviews
"wet market"
in 14 reviews
"cooking experience"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this class"
in 9 reviews
in 14 reviews
"tom yum soup"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I don't usually write reviews but this lass deserves to be fully booked every single class.

When I arrived it turned out I was the only one booked in for the class, but instead of turning me away or asking me to re-book for a different class I received a one-on-one lesson and tour of the market, something that I am sure a lot of companies would not do.

I looked at information for every cooking class in the same area and Maliwan had the most appealing menu and lowest price, a very respectable 1250baht for a 4-hour workshop including the market tour, fresh ingredients and 5 dishes to cook and eat.

I've been living in Thailand for 4 months and have seen and bought from a lot of markets, and yet I still learned a lot on the trip she took me on.

The cooking part of the class was excellent. The ingredients were fresh and everything was very organised and well-prepared. The staff were so friendly and helpful, and Mae (the teacher) was brilliant, showing me chopping techniques and taking everything at a good pace so I wouldn't get lost. She allowed me to cook my dishes exactly as I wanted to, especially when it came to the curry dish where I chose how much meat/potatoes I wished to add and how thick I wanted the sauce.

Great location, as the majority of tourists will be familiar with Khao San Road - I was able to get a free bus from my apartment in Nonthaburi, an hour away, result!

Overall it was a highly enjoyable afternoon where I learned a lot, ate a lot and didn't break the bank in the process. I will definitely be back to try a different course.

1  Thank Fluffytattie
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I expected the cooking class to be a fun learning session -- and it was. The trip to and through the market was the best. We learned so much about the local produce and fish! We have been through markets around the world -- often not knowing what we were looking at -- this was great.

1  Thank turboshop
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Maliwan cooking class was a great experience! We really appreciated the ability to personalize the class by choosing the dishes we learned to cook. We went to the market, which was interesting and eye-opening! The teacher was patient and helpful. She was easy to understand. The food we made was absolutely delicious! We continue to cook Thai food and we like our dishes better than those we have eaten at Thai restaurants back in the US.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction