“Rudest hotel staff I've ever encountered”

Princess Suvarnabhumi Airport Residence
Ranked #692 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
London
“Rudest hotel staff I've ever encountered”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I's 1.5 day stay ended in a shouting match in the lobby because they insisted we needed to pay for a triple room after a friend that lives in Bangkok came to meet us for coffee at the hotel before we left for the airport to catch our flight. She spent maybe 10 minutes maximum in our room.

They eventually backed down, but not before both of the "ladies" behind the front desk had properly screamed at us at the top of their lungs. While the manager made insulting personal comments about us in Thai assuming that we couldn't understand her.

I have travelled all of the world and have stayed in every class of hotel, but I have never in my life witnessed such appalling behaviour.

This is after they flatly refused to help us find a taxi and insisted that we use their private transport service which would have cost us 5x the amount of the taxi fare to the airport.

And to top it off their internet was almost unusably slow and the water barely warm.

The only nice thing about our stay were the funny cleaning ladies.

There are MUCH better airport hotels for the same price.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank bxfresh220

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Thai first
Scarborough, England
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I checked in here yesterday as I fly back to the UK tonight. This new and modern hotel is ideal in a lovely position overlooking the river. There is a good sized swimming pool and the rooms are modern and very large. Pricewise an incredible deal at 450 baht (£9). There is a traditional Thai restaurant on the banks of the river serving excellent food. Also the hotel is in easy walking distance of a Tesco Express and a Big C Mini. Check in with Khun Nong the friendly young lady on reception was quick and efficient. I reckon I was in my room within five minutes of entering the hotel. Very impressed and would certainly consider staying here again should the need arise.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank herbalj
Mackenzie
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We landed in Bangkok and were convinced by a taxi this was a better place. We were new and easily tricked. The walk in price was $60 and the stay was horrible there was banging outside the door and at one point someone was leaning against our door pushing on it. Beds felt like box springs. Then when we went to leave the front desk negotiated us a taxi for a great deal 800baht for a 20min drive. Learned our lesson our first night in Bangkok . I would recommend keeping away from here

Stayed December 2013
4 Thank Wince88

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed one night, was what we expected, large room, two large beds, clean, basic and good value for what we paid, £16.00 per room. Would be nice if reception staff actually smiled and acknowledged you when checking you in and out!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank gasan2605
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was picked up without issue, but the ride to the hotel took an hour for some reason. I read reviews about a 15 minute ride, but experienced no such thing. This was a real pain considering i was picked up around 1am. it's also worth noting that its an expensive, 1 hour ride to the heart of Bangkok. Pass on this one.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank daestrin
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We booked via Agoda £15.04 as required a 24hr stop-off in Bangkok en-route to Ko Samui. Arrived 0825 via taxi cost 200B, a 14 minute ride. Check-in was 11.00 but Bond at reception got us a room (5th floor 520) at 08.55 - what a star!! Room was large, clean, bedding fine - hot shower and free water x 2. Overlooked river. It was very quiet and pleasant. Beds hard as usual - but all good. We ate dinner t their restaurant - again good, reasonably priced food (rice and noodles). Service was great and location opposite temple on the river was perfect.We also had breakfast there - buffet 160B - juice, coffee/tea plus buffet rice, veggies plus toast etc. again all good! We also got the free transfer to the airport included as promised by return. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: 5th floor appears quietest
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sheryl A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed one night on the 1st November 2013 thought I'd stay near the airport and save a few quid just before inmate way for home back to my lovely country the UK. Firstly they charged me 2500 baht for one night which I thought was expensive for a 2 star hotel. Staff at reception not helpful really rude and it really don't help when no one speaks anything else other than Thai. I had a double room on the fifth floor it was good to see an operational lift. They do have wi fi but it's like non operational from your room. Stains on the beddings, no face towels, tv with all channels in Thai except one. Breakfast was appalling, few fruits some white bread jam and rice and two curries. Noisy surroundings and to top it up airport transfers are free but now and then the driver disappears to see his girlfriend although u book a time for it. The only English speaking staff I met had the audacity to tell me well u need to go to airport only two hour why you go now sit. I would not recommend this hotel as it is really diagusting, my wife was not impressed and it made her whole trip sour because unfortunately we had to spend one night at this dump. I would recommend for budget stay to go to Mareeya Boutique a minute away from this place closer to hotel cheaper to stay and much much more comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013