“(1 of 9) Bangkok Weekend Floating Market Tour 1006”
Review of Bangkok Day Tours

Bangkok Day Tours
Ranked #22 of 209 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Bangkok Day Tours Co. Ltd.> Often imitated but never equalled! Unlike many other facilities, the primary goal at Bangkok Day Tours Co Ltd. is to provide individualized care for each Bangkok Day Tours' Guest.
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“(1 of 9) Bangkok Weekend Floating Market Tour 1006”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I booked 9 tours from home (U.S.) over the internet; 2 tours are custom, and 2 others I altered by adding or deleting stops, and the remaining 5 are as is. The booking process was easy and Caroline Boonsong, the person I was corresponding, was very patient as my interests would change and I altered my trips. Truth be told, I was uneasy booking all the tours from abroad, but I did my reasearch using Tripadvisor and felt as comfortable as I could.

Yesterday, all fears were put to rest. I took my first tour and it was amazing! Molly was my tour guide. Just to be safe, I arrived in the lobby 10 mins prior to the arranged meeting time; Molly was already there! She introduced herself and within 5 mins, I was so at ease, I felt like I was traveling with a friend. The car that showed up was a large van. It was clean, comfortable and spacious; comparable to what I would find back in the U.S. I am 6'2" (~188 cm) and had plenty of room.

As we were driving, I told her, yesterday, when I was on my own, I tried to walk to a flower market but got lost and didn't make it. I'm not sure if the set route was to to take me through it, but we ended up there. I guess she could tell I was very interested in it (by me struggling to take pics of the flowers from the moving van,) so she asked if I would be interested in walking to the pier, thru the flower market! I jumped at the chance! This is just one example of how Molly tweeked/adjust the itinerary as she learned more and more about me. She is the definition of excellent customer service! As we went throught the flower market, she pointed out how individual items were made, why they were made and the local significance to the economy. I could tell she was listening to the questions I asked, and taloiring the information to match my interests. She also made the tour interactive by asking me questions and joking with me.

I won't bore you with a step by step account of the day, but I want to spell out what else I did. Once we reached the pier, we traveled to Wat Arun (which I climbed,) took a private long-tailed boat to the Taling Chan Floating Market, where we had lunch, and rode the van back to the hotel. It was amazing day! Everywhere we went, Molly offered to take pictures of me with my camera. This was a huge deal for me. As a solo traveler, it can be difficult to get pictures of myself traveling. I tend not to ask strangers because I don't want to impose; very early on, Molly made sure I didn't feel this way :)

As I said before, this is the first of nine tours I booked (I hope to review them all.) If Molly is the norm at Bangkok Day Tours, I will be having an amazing trip!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Albeusa

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic!! - Highly recommended”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were picked up from our hotel 6.30am and were shown to our own mini van! It had air con and comfortable reclining leather seats which came in very handy as there is quite a lot of driving involved.

We were first taken to a floating market - an experience in itself. You meander through little streams, full of little market stalls...you get hooked by the market stall owners to look at what they are selling. One lady sold the most amazing coconut pancakes - make sure you try them if you bump into her on your way round.

Then we were driven to the Bridge over the River Kwai where we met our guide Anda (Hope that is spelt right!!) and he was FANTASTIC. He was very funny and knowledgeable throughout the day. The bridge is in a beautiful location but it is VERY touristy.

After lunch it was onto the Elephant trek. I can't tell you enough how amazing it was. We arrived, walked over to what seemed like hundreds of elephants, hopped on and off we went. We had a trek around the jungle first, where you can be the manhout for the elephant.
The highlight had to be the bathing with the elephants. We got thrown all over the place, dunked in the water...the elephants enjoyed it and so did the manhouts - they were fantastic.

Anda offered to take our cameras and iPhones and photograph our experience. Between us we must of had over 250/300 photos taken all free of charge. A day we will never forget.

Bangkok day tours is worth every penny - I certainly will never forget this day.

3 Thank clairey_19
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Bangkok, the city that never sleeps...”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Bangkok , full of sensations , smells, emotions. A city so alive and beautiful ( the real meaning of the word deep ) with people so friendly , peaceful and with an atmosphere that is hard to catch the words.

I admit I did not expect anything else but total chaos and misery struck me . Bustle of the city combined with easing people have made ​​me not affect pronunciation.

It's all so natural in Bangkok : A Thai massage , street vendors who cook every street corner prostitutes Nana you hang on a second, tailors fabrics that invites you to their " firm " tuk tuk - Ar that chick you " freeend maaa " and ladyboys that you can not decide what's sex based , and many many more .

There is much to do in Bangkok . It's been, that's for sure , it's gone as the " sights " , and the streets , neighborhoods , bars , boat, in temples, is a city to be beaten or tuk tuk foot , to catch all the flavor .

For us time in Bangkok was relatively short , I was able to taste the flavor of the city as much as allowed us .

After the 4 days we head towards the next destination of Phuket.

Essex
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Elephant Trek and floating market”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were picked up at 7am promptly from our hotel and met our driver and guide (Nam). She was very friendly and spoke good English. We were in a mini van to ourselves and expected to be picking up others, as there were meant to be 5 other people on the same tour that day, but never did and ended up having our own tour guide and driver to ourselves the whole day.

We had about an hour and a half drive to our first stop which was a floating market. Here we met another girl who was on our tour who also had her own car with driver and guide.

The floating market is very interesting and is quite an experience going round haggling while in a boat. You get in a boat taxi and get rowed around the market by the driver, who takes you up and down most of the "isles" time permitting. You have half hour on the boat and then a further half hour walking around the hardstanding bit. If you show any interest in the goods being sold then the sellers tend to grab your boat to stop you being rowed away. If you do wish to buy anything then haggle down to about 30% of the original price! My gf bought 2 scarves which started out at 950 baht for one and eventually got 2 for 900 baht and thought we had got a good deal! We asked our guide later who said you should pay about 200 baht for each scarf! Haggle, haggle, haggle!

After the market we went to the River Kwai which was another half hour or so driving. The bridge is still used as a train line and we were fortunate to be there when a train came along and watch it slowly chug over the bridge. We walked along the full length to the other side and back and got lovely views on the bridge and down the river. Quite beautiful.

After this half hour stop we went on again, ten or 15 minutes to a little restaurant for lunch. It was a buffet style and looked a nice place. However, as I was pouring sugar into my coffee I noticed tiny little bugs crawling around in the sugar jug. Yuk! That put me off everything unfortunately and I watched other people go up and use the sugar oblivious. We also used the toilets here which were not great. We were able to leave whenever we were ready so just had a brief 30 minute break then jumped in the van to be whisked away to the highlight - the elephant trekking.

This was another 30 minutes or so in the car and when we arrived we could see the elephants already walking about carrying people. It looked amazing!

We had a short wait until a queue of people had been and during this time were able to see 2 baby elephants and stroke and feed them.

When our turn came we both got on the basket atop an elephant and began the tour walking around. All the while our guide, Nam, was on the ground taking lots of photos on her camera for us. Our guide on the elephant also kindly took photos using our camera and then did something we were not expecting. He got off the elephant and told us to get down from the basket and sit on the elephants head to control it. We both took turns of this and he took dozens of photos of us and gave us things to feed the elephant with. It was amazing and it seemed no-one else was being given this chance to sit on the head. He was obviously after a tip but he deserved one as being in control of the elephant while it was walking along was incredible.

Eventually he jumped back on and we finished the circuit. It was about half hour I think that we was on the elephant but if we had not stopped for so many photos while we were on the head then probably would have been over much quicker as it was not a big circuit.

Then as soon as we got off the elephant they told us to get ready to go down into the river to get wet! We got on an elephant each directly on its' neck and went down to the river Kwai.

They have an area that is enclosed so there is no current and it is shallow so you can stand up pretty much anywhere in it, except for further out. The river is brown and dirty and we both had a bit of earache the next day but it was so worth it! We spent 21 minutes in the river with the elephants which seemed forever! They let you climb their trunks and you get thrown in the water over and over again. Very enjoyable and energy sapping! We stood on the heads and jumped off, anything you want to do really. The whole time Nam was taking photos from the river bank and another man also took photos using our camera. It was brilliant and I would recommend to anyone. If you didn't do this bit then it would be a bit boring.

After we had finished here they gave us shower gel and led us to where we could shower. However, it was a big water butt situated in the corner of a very small room that we were both in and the water looked as dirty as the river we had just come from. Plus we had to use a bowl to pour it so it wasn't a shower as such. We gave it a miss and just dried and changed but it was funny in a way and showered when we got back to hotel later.

Then we had a 3 hour drive back to Bangkok to end a great day.

The next morning a DVD was delivered to our room from Nam containing hundreds of photos that she had taken of the day. We almost had every second of our water bath with the elephants captured as still images! And at no extra cost! Impressive service.

I would recommend, excellent trip!

2 Thank Wayne G
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A must do in Thailand!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I spent our 2nd wedding anniversary in Thailand. We did the 'Extraordinary Elephant Day Trip' with Bangkok Day Tours and it was money well spent! We had the most once-in-a-lifetime amazing experience and would gladly do it again next time with our respective families.

Our driver Mr.Oh was there at our hotel lobby when we went down @ 7am and he briefed us on how long the travel to the floating market would be. We met up with our guide Ms. Angie at the bridge over the River Kwai and she gave us the history about the bridge. She was full of information and answered all our questions. After River Kwai we went for lunch where the buffet that day was a bit mediocre (my husband and I were expecting Thai food, but got some International cuisine instead). After another couple of hour drive we arrived at the Elephant camp where we couldn't help but be giddy with excitement! Though there was a bus there, we still got our own elephants and didn't have to wait long. We bought bananas which is only 20 baht/basket and fed it to our elephant while riding it with our Mahout. I suggest getting 2 baskets as they eat it all too quickly! We had fun bathing with the elephants and getting dunked by them but it's an experience we would never exchange! Even my husband who was a bit apprehensive about the water enjoyed the experience. Ms. Angie took a lot of photos from my husband's camera and my ipad. By the time we have to drive back to our hotel, we were both plastered and was just ready to fall asleep. Mr.Oh told us how we can recline our seats and promptly dropped us off in our hotel safe and sound.

We highly recommend this tour to everybody. It is a bit expensive, but you'll gain so much more with all the memories and photos to last you a lifetime.

2 Thank JVPuno