“Safari World is brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bangkok Day Tours

Bangkok Day Tours
Ranked #28 of 203 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Bangkok Day Tours Co. Ltd.> Often imitated but never equalled! Unlike many other facilities, the primary goal at Bangkok Day Tours Co Ltd. is to provide individualized care for each Bangkok Day Tours' Guest.
Bengaluru, India
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Safari World is brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Anyone who visits Thailand has to visit this place, it is simply one of its kind where apart from seeing animals from white tiger to Rino to polar bear you can enjoy Orangatun Show, Amazing seal show, Fantastic dolphin show and not so great cow boy show.

the open zoo is outstanding as you can see zebra actually crossing, lion, tigers , sambha, deers, giraffe, along your side.

1 Thank sunipnair

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
frederick, maryland
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 545 helpful votes
“Extraordinary animal experience - elephants and tigers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife scheduled me for a special weekend of "adventure training" with Bangkok Day Tours and it was fabulous. I flew from Washington DC, arriving on Friday night and returned to DC on Monday. On Saturday, I did the Extraordinary Elephant Day Trip (also listed as a separate entry in Trip Advisor); on Sunday, I did the Tiger Temple. Both of these allow up close and personal contact with the animals that involves some risk to the visitor but will always be memorable if you survive it! The elephant trip included a brief tour of the floating market and an unremarkable lunch but then an amazing experience with the elephants including riding like a mahout on the elephant's neck; riding an elephant into the water and then being tossed, submerged, and showered; feeding the elephants while we rode; and feeding the baby elephants. There was also an elephant show. I was the only one with Bangkok Day Tours and was able to spend several hours just with the elephants. The Tiger Temple tour started with an early morning stop at the infamous bridge over the Kwai River and an up close sighting of a large monitor lizard, presumably a Komodo Dragon, that swam up to me on the shore before dashing away. At the temple everyone lined up to provide food to the monks which we later shared with them for breakfast. We then experienced a remarkable sequence of activities including, playing with baby and yearling tigers in the temple, walking the older (2+ yr) tigers, bathing the tigers, feeding chicken to the tigers, playing with larger tigers with lures on the end of long bamboo rods (my tiger finally got the basketball and absolutely demolished it in his jaws), and watching a demonstration of the superb leaping power of the large tigers into a small pond. The tour ended with a late lunch at a good Thai buffet at a floating restaurant next to the bridge on the Kwai. My tour guides, Por and Sally, were excellent and provided running commentary about the sugar cane and teak we were passing on the road, discussion about the many temples, and lots of Thai history and culture. My driver on both days, Tong, picked me up and returned me to the JW Marriott and was a masterful driver in traffic that would be a challenge even to a Bostonian. He also made sure I was provided with endless snacks, from a bunch of small Thai bananas to sandwiches and roasted ears of sweet corn, and made sure I was well hydrated. The cost of these all included tours was very reasonable; it was a great experience and these were unique opportunities especially for a zoologist! I would use these Bangkok Day Tours again and will return with my wife for some tamer temple and palace tours.

5 Thank fred200099
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Trip #1506 Extraordinary Elephant tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We booked this trip online through Bangkok Day Tours. I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about booking online with a company I had never dealt with before, but I had read reviews on Trip Adviser beforehand, so I felt more comfortable about it. On the day, our driver (La) turned up at our hotel on time and introduced himself to us. He asked us to waited outside the hotel door whilst he fetched our transport. We had a luxury van all to ourselves (leather reclining seats, air con and DVD player-the works!). He explained that we had to travel quite a long way and to relax. We were provided with ice cold water and snacks along the way. Our first stop was the floating market where we were introduced to Por, who took photos with my camera and her own. After this we went to the bridge over the river Kwai, picking up our tour guide Na, She was really chatty, spoke really good English and was very knowledgeable. We had lunch at the floating restaurant which was very nice. Then we went on to the highlight of the day which was elephant trekking and bathing with the elephants. Na took my camera and my friend's video camera and ran around taking photos and videos of our jungle trek. She wore me out watching her! Then we swapped elephants and went into the river to play. We all had a brilliant time, again the crew taking the video and Na with my camera and Por reappeared with her camera snapping away like a demon! The next day a package arrived for me and when we returned home, we had over 1500 pictures which were complimentary (Ok, some of which were on my own camera, but Por had taken over 800 pictures of us bathing with the elephants-how many companies would do that for free?). Then we fed the baby elephants with bananas provided by Na (again, free). It was a long day and we were driven back to our hotel by La, who had driven over 400km's during the day. All in all we had an experience that we will never forget and I would not hesitate in recommending Bangkok Day tours to anyone!

7 Thank Daz01246
Atlanta, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Elephant riding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was this best experience. It was a long ride to get to the elephant park but once we were there it was well worth the trip. I enjoyed every bit of riding on the elephant back. It's a must do. We had Thiland food at a local eatery. Be careful because everything was very spicy. The tour guide spoke very good English and the van we rode in was very comfortable.

Casper, Wyoming
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Wonderful Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We booked Tour: 1511 Tiger Temple Breakfast + Elephant Bathing. It was amazing!!!! Our guide was Na and she made sure we got great pictures all day. In addition, 2 other groups booked the same tour that day, so an additional photographer, Por, joined us and took pictures of everyone (for free). We got over 1500 pics, 800 of which were from Por, who delivered them on a disc the next day to our hotel in Bangkok. We took two cameras, which worked out great. The driver picked us up on time and they always had enough food and water for us. I spoke to another couple on the same tour and they said the paid $600 each for this tour. My husband and I paid about $650 for the two of us together. I don't know if the couple booked through a travel agent, but it sounds like you should book directly through Bangkok Day tours to get the best price. Just go to their website, and fill out the booking form. We paid in advance with our credit card, so it was very easy.

I have read mixed reviews on the Tiger Temple, but I thought it was wonderful. We did the morning tour, so we got a ton of interaction with the tigers and saw the them awake, happy, and playful. The staff was also very friendly. There were only 16 people there the day we went, so everyone seemed to have a tiger to cuddle with.

The elephant bathing was also amazing. I will say, that you should not expect clear, clean water like I have been reading about in other reviews. The river was very muddy where we were, and right before my elephant stepped into the water, my husband's elephant pooped in the water right in front of us... a lot. I waited until I stopped seeing floaters before I would get off the elephant and into the the water. Yes it was gross, but totally worth it! The nice thing was that they waited until we were the only ones in the water before they started our program. So the pictures turned out great... with only us and not a lot of other people in the background.

Thank you Na and Por for a wonderful day!

3 Thank Hollandami