“I will return”

In Residence Bangkok Sukhumvit
Ranked #271 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
“I will return”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised by the hotel. I usually book a hotel between 10 Recommended by Travel agents and usually they hit. The studio is really unique features and very spacious. Staying in it is comfortable and enjoyable. To the terminal 21 is 5 minutes walk, you can also use free transport, which allows by the hotel. The employees are very friendly and always willing to help . The kitchen is very good. One of hotel in wich i will always return.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marjan S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed there for 4 nights in August. First of all, to clear everyone's doubt, raddison and this property are in same campus but different buildings connected by sky bridge. The rooms are amazing, very good space, the view was good, but could have been better, the hotel is only 9 floors high (we were on the 9th floor). The room could have been cleaner. In-room kitchenette having all essentials like microwave, coffee maker, kettle, the selection of coffee's and teas was also nice. The hotel is beautiful, good lobby, good restaurant, a nice swimming pool (was operational when we stayed). Overall an amazing property with a very good price. The Tuk-tuk service is very efficient, also what i loved about this hotel is the staff, very polite and helpful (which is rare in thailand(personal experience)). They call meter taxi for you, which saves you quite a buck. Tuk tuks in bangkok are ripoffs, taxi are cheaper(if travelled by meter). A bit inside soi 13, but walking to and fro even at night never felt unsafe and lot of street food and massage parlors on the way.

Room Tip: Try to get the executive level floor. They upgrade you to one bedroom mostly. and the view in one be...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Abhinav A
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Big rooms with living room, kitchen and separate bedroom this is the basic suite bed was comfy the kitchen was well equipped with utensils and microwave it is attached to raddison suites it is also behind famous bed super club. and soi 11 near nana bts station and also they have a drop off to the bts station the staff was excellent and helpfull

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Really nice suites, some cleaning issues but generally ok. But booked hotel specifically for the roof top pool. I had 5 days in Bangkok, a favourite city of mine, & didn't want to spend all that time in shopping malls I wanted a pool & books & fresh (?) air. First day spent doing some business & when I asked which floor for pool I was told 'Oh sorry, pool under renovation' no mention on 'booking.com' no mention on hotel website. Found a flyer in my room regarding pool renovations & the fact it will be finished by mid june.
I spoke to a really nice night manager & said sorry I cannot stay as I hate aircon & have to be outside. He said pool finished tomorrow. Of course it wasn't. I met other guests also upset. Expensive hotel end Soi 13. No pool. Unsuspecting guests. Not good enough.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Fran M
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I am staying here now. Got an upgrade to a one bedroom suite, almost too much space for one person! At USD 80 per night, I think this is great value for money. Situated in an alley of main road Sukhumvit, it is a bit of a walk, as other reviewers indicated. But the hotel supplies a free tuk tuk shuttle, so no problem. There is a slight smoke smell in my nonsmoking room, and staff seemed perplexed when I mentioned it - be aware if you are really sensitive. Also: my taxi driver from the airport did not know the hotel, make double sure that the driver knows where it is.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Gerhard G
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel, in the Radisson chain, is in fact very good. I have now stayed two time here withing the last 3 month and both visits have been more than agreeable. The room are spacious and well decorated/fursnished and very clean. Service is immaculate. Breakfast buffeet hugh and very good. The only thing which might discourage someone is the location, far in on a fairly small and unpleasant Soi. But do not let this scare you off. Actually the location is what makes this place affordable. And mind you, they have a very efficient Tuk Tuk shuttle serivicde which easily brings guests down to the nearest BTS station. And just around the corner on Soi 11 there is the famous Bed & Supper Club, worth a visit, not more than 5 minutes walk away. And many other very good restaurants as well, like the one called Oskar (serving very good italian food) just a few steps further down the alley.

Room Tip: Choose a room high up
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at the In Residence from July 3-7. I found the service decent and most of the staff was friendly (not all to my surprise). I had to move from my original room (603) to 702 because a couple was fighting all night on two consecutive nights. After moving into the new room, I discovered upon the evening before checking out that I left my charger to my camera and the cord for the charger to my shaver in room 603. I was told by staff upon check out that the room was thoroughly searched but the two items could not be found. Later, while in Phuket, I received an e-mail saying they found the two items in room 603. This was very disturbing in that the staff member looked directly into my eyes saying that the room was exhaustively searched. What I now had to do was upon my return to Bangkok on July 12 for my connecting flight to Chiang Mai I took a taxi to the hotel to pick up the two items. This meant about two hours of my time and 800 baht, plus taking a later flight than I initially planned. Aside from this incident, the hotel was definitely worth the price I paid, which was around 2000 baht/night. The room was very large with a separate bedroom and a small kitchen with micro and a large refrigerator. The shower included rain-shower head as well as standard removable shower head. The hotel had a gym and spa. I used the gym and it was acceptable, though the gym was located in an area under renovation and hence not so inviting. The pool was also under renovation so it could not be used during my stay. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the BTS stations Asoke and Nana and even to areas close to the hotel, which was nice because it was a bit to walk to these places and in Bangkok it is not fun to walk like in most major cities of the world. One very disturbing thing was the view. I had to keep the drapes closed during the entire stay as construction was ongoing in the building only meters from my hotel. If I opened the drapes, I saw construction workers and meters from me and they could see me. Thus, I felt rather in closed during my entire stay.

Room Tip: Check with staff upon check-in and tell them you don't want a room facing the new construction g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo