“Prices used to be good, but no more.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Venus Jewelry

Venus Jewelry
Ranked #196 of 457 Shopping in Bangkok
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Prices used to be good, but no more.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I first shopped Venus Jewelry in Bangkok 25 years ago. They displayed fine gems and their prices reflected world prices for gold and reasonable prices for gems. A
little bit was added for workmanship and many deals were struck. Now, after negotiating and seeming to get a discount, they are maintaining a 100 to 200 percent markup. I can get prices and same quality at home, why come here? They are resting on their well earnes past reputation and hoping for unaware buyers that have listened to past buyers recommendations. One travels this far to get a serious bargain. I will shop at home and support our economy since they are now charging too much for workmanship and markup. Do your research on the internet before you go and they dazzle you with Bling. They have lost my future business.

Seeker, Fort Worth, USA

Visited November 2013
6 Thank Seeker111
nat19722015, Manager at Venus Jewelry, responded to this review, April 4, 2015
We are sorry that you were not happy during your visit to our jewelry store. Things have changed much over the last 25 years but one thing has not, we still offer quality products and excellent service at very competitive prices. We stand by our products and look forward to working with you to help any resolve any issues you might have. Don’t hesitate to contact us. Please email us at venus@venus-thailand.com. Thank you for your visit to our store.

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Only place to purchase Jewelery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were lucky to be taken to Venus Jewelry during our tour of Asia. A number of pieces were custom made for us and they even came to the hotel to ensure fit during the process. When we returned home and had the jewellery appraised we were absolutely delighted and since that time we have had many pieces custom made for us. We send pictures and they design and ship to us. The level of workmanship is outstanding. Our family ring has been reproduced for all the women in our family by Venus and shipped. Though we have not managed to return to Thailand, we have had Thailand come to us.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank calexand
Sydney Australia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Great range Everything I asked to see there was a range of choices. Pricing was competitive. Staff great to deal with. Make sure you call them to pick you up as it is not near the main train routes.

1 Thank Chris C
Noosa, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very friendly wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I found this jewelry shop after a trip adviser search. The reviews looked very good. I am in BKK to marry and wanted not to get ripped off with inferior jewelry especially when purchasing diamonds. We had 2 rings made to the designs we wanted and this was no problem for venus. The staff were fantastic with a pick up drop off service and refreshments etc. from looking around the shop walls many many foreign diplomats and defence have visited the store. When next looking at jewelry I will re vist venus without second thought.

Visited July 2013
Washington, DC
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“I always visit Venus Jewelry when I am in Bangkok...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have shopped at Venus Jewelry for almost 20 years and have never been disappointed. During my most recent visit, the staff remembered me and provided an excellent deal on a gift for my wife. A couple of years ago, they made a custom ring from sketches that I provided via e-mail.Venus has been consistent over the years and have always offered a great value. If you are looking for jewelry during a visit to Bangkok, I encourage you to visit Venus Jewelry.

Visited March 2013