“Perfect for Business travellers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nantra Silom

Nantra Silom
Ranked #630 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Perfect for Business travellers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

The hotel stand in the Silom area which can be termed downtown Bangkok,
The hotel rooms are small, but if you are a business traveller, the room size must not matter, all the major shopping malls like MBK and street markets are close by.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Second stay in this boutique hotel because of its right in the middle of Silom. Interior is bright, clean and quiet, even there is no window in the small room. Meet the basic need for overnighting. Free breakfast which is home like. Great value for money. The first time I stayed they make a double entry for my use of the hotel phone call, corrected later. Never touch the phone again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Firstly, I've stayed here once before and it was excellent. Very clean room although compact, ideal location for all that Silom has to offer including the gay scene. Unfortunately this time I booked a deluxe bedroom which must have been trashed with the venting broken off the AC, furniture coverings ripped off and worse of all - fleas. Fleas everywhere in the room. all over the bed, the shower even in the safe! I wouldn't stay here again - there's a lot better options near by for only a little bit more bhats!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Craigdickson85

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Hue, Vietnam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

The staff is rude, cold, unwelcoming and they can't muster a smile...ever. I booked a standard room with 2 twin beds on agoda.com because I was traveling with a friend. When I read the details in the confirmation email, it said that it could only accommodate 1 person. If you look at the photos of standard room on their website and on agoda, it shows 2 twin beds. I emailed the hotel. They refused and refused to give us 2 beds. I explained that I wasn't asking for an upgrade, a bigger room, or a nicer room but that I just wanted what I booked. They again refused. When I mentioned that I would write to agoda about the problem, they relented, and magically 2 twin beds were available. I thought the problem had been solved via the veiled threat. When we arrived I asked them to confirm that the room had 2 beds. To this, the receptionist barked at me that the room had 1 double bed. Alas, it had 2 twin beds pushed next to each other (maybe this is what they call a double bed??). The staff remained cold and unfriendly. When the lock box in the room didn't work, they said they would tend to it within 10 minutes. It took 3 more calls to the lobby to get them to come up and they did so very unhappily. For about 10 bucks more per night you can go across Silom street and stay in many other hotels that are head and shoulders better than this place. Nothing was terribly awful, but it was just lousy overall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Heraklion, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We booked with my family for two nights.WHEN WE ARRIVED, EVERY THING LOOKED GREAT.[ROOMS A BIT SMALL].But we thought that its only for sleep.We payed all the money 5.600 TB for two nights when we just arrived.We went to our room but not water at all.They said that something was broken and it will be fixed in the morning.It was fixed next day at 13.00.We lost the half day waiting for the water.We went in the center of Bangkok, and when we got back at 21.00 at night they said that water is not fixed yet.Next morning was water for a couple hours.Then, no water again.All the guests went away, and in a few hours the hotel was empty.BUT, here is the point.When we said that maybe they would give us some money back, becouse we did not have water for the two days, they said right away that we will get all of our money back.5.600 TB.We had breakfast for two days , which breakfast is very very poor,[nearly nothing],internet was sooo slowly,specialy in the rooms,but what impressed me very much is that when the water was finished, the manager and the staff were so much stressed .They were all making phone calls to sort it out and gett water with anyway.They were running up and down until the water comes.I realised that they are very rensponsible people, But it happened.and of course they did not want this to happen, but it did.Now, for being honest, i would sugest to guests to go there, but breakfast must be better, or just take the room without breakfast.They must do something with the ineternet,and not runn out of water again.

Room Tip: Rooms are small but you go there for a sleep.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

this is the third time I stay at this budget hotel. The stew changed room due to shower water flood and ceiling leakage in the first and second stay. I am satisfied this time after the stew change the battery of AC remote control. Breakfast is very simple. But I prefer to save my stomach for Thai cuisine on the street.

Room Tip: deluxe room offers applicable space for one person
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

The hotel is nothing flash but it is a cheap option in the heart of Silom. The double room was comfortable but in need of some repairs. Wifi was good and free breakfast simple but adequate. You wouldn't want to stay for a long time but it was a good choice for a short stay at this price.

• Stayed December 2013